Theology Club: A28D

SaulToPaul 2

So, the ministry is identical to that of Acts 9-28?

To the Jew first? Sign gifts?

Compare 1-2 Corinthians, Galatians, 1-2 Thess, Romans with:

Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1-2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon

The shift should hit you like a ton of bricks. No more advantage for the Jew, alien Gentiles included, no sign gifts. Why? What changed with the close of Acts? Could it be that Paul finally testified the gospel of the grace of God?

To reiterate:

Gospel of Christ: 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) to Jews and Gentiles in the promises
Gospel of the Grace of God: 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) now includes Gentiles who were excluded from the promises

A simple progression in Paul's ministry.

Danoh

Compare 1-2 Corinthians, Galatians, 1-2 Thess, Romans with:

Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1-2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon

The shift should hit you like a ton of bricks. No more advantage for the Jew, alien Gentiles included, no sign gifts. Why? What changed with the close of Acts? Could it be that Paul finally testified the gospel of the grace of God?

To reiterate:

Gospel of Christ: 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) to Jews and Gentiles in the promises
Gospel of the Grace of God: 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) now includes Gentiles who were excluded from the promises

A simple progression in Paul's ministry.

You might as well just go all the way to Acts 28:28 with that - it fits much of their error like a glove that is only just a little bit off :chuckle:

Fact is, when Paul was saved, he was saved in the same spiritual UNcircumcision his nation had just been concluded in.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. 7:54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

Acts 26:8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead? 26:9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 26:10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them. 26:11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

That is his description of Acts 9. So is this...

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

SaulToPaul 2

Simple.

Yes, Paul was a blasphemer and could not be in the Kingdom of Heaven.

But, instead of immediately casting away unbelieving Israel, he offered them the promise in the form of a gospel that he had kept hidden. He gathered a remnant of them into the Body before the casting away of them at the close of Acts. Paul was the first, and part of this remnant.

For the sake of the Jew during that time you have ordinances and you have sign gifts.

Danoh

You're a jerk.

Is that a no? :chuckle:

Seriously, heir; if you are going to be so in your face with those you so believe are not in your 3% it behooves you to have as inconsiderate a thick skin where it comes back to bite you.

And I joke about it all; how personally affected are you going to allow yourself to be when you encounter a real jerk against your in your face manner?

Here's to your developing a thick skin both ways, sis. No sense in allowing hurt to so easily pierce the grace of Christ.

The best to you in that..sincerely...

Danoh

In spiritual matters, sister, we can see in the Bible that the majority is always right. Right?
:D

Being in the minority is no guarantee one is "right" either, whether perceived, or otherwise.

Am I not in the minority here on TOL? Am I not nevertheless perceived by you and yours as being off-base?

Danoh

No. Off all of the MAD posters at TOL, only sister heir, NickM, and me accept the Gentile distinction.
As far as I can tell...

So only you three are faithful to the Mystery, here on TOL?

Everyone else is Rom. 16:17?

You are MAD, (lower case) lol

SaulToPaul 2

So only you three are faithful to the Mystery, here on TOL?

As far as I know, we are the only 3 who believe the fellowship of the mystery is about different types of Gentiles, in the promises, and excluded from the promises.

I'd bet the farm that we are correct, but apparently have not done a good enough job in making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery as we ought.

Danoh

And I'm still in the miniority; few of them respond to my posts; you this much only now that I have you on the run :chuckle:

Only Nick cited me as favorite poster in that thread about such things.

I am the lone minority - Hi O Silver - I think I'll run for Obama's office :chuckle:

Danoh

As far as I know, we are the only 3 who believe the fellowship of the mystery is about different types of Gentiles, in the promises, and excluded from the promises.

I'd bet the farm that we are correct, but apparently have not done a good enough job in making all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery as we ought.

It may not be how good or how bad a job you have done. Look at how consistently thorough heir is - and enviably succint at the same time.

Myself; I know I approach my study of these things in a different manner you and yours, scratch that - your two :chuckle:

So, it is not necessarily anyone's failure.

heir

TOL Subscriber
In spiritual matters, sister, we can see in the Bible that the majority is always right. Right?
:D
:nono: reminds me of how godrulz would turn away his ears from the truth against the "fringe" view. He was all about the majority numbers being an indicator of truth :nono:

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
As far as I know too.

We can make all men see what it is, but we can't make them believe it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Is that a no? :chuckle:

Seriously, heir; if you are going to be so in your face with those you so believe are not in your 3% it behooves you to have as inconsiderate a thick skin where it comes back to bite you.

And I joke about it all; how personally affected are you going to allow yourself to be when you encounter a real jerk against your in your face manner?

Here's to your developing a thick skin both ways, sis. No sense in allowing hurt to so easily pierce the grace of Christ.

The best to you in that..sincerely...
It was the comment of "King STP's and Queen heir's" that warranted the pejorative.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I would say all that recognize Paul's distinct ministry and claim to follow Paul are in agreement on "much".
Terence cannot stand Jordan and in fact, calls him out on his site and exhorts others to Romans 16:17 KJV Jordan. Danoh has them holding hands and singing Kumbaya, but it's not happening.