Abuse, libel , stalking and bully boy tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No.

There is no such thing as repentant faith.

To even speak of "repentant or penitent faith" gives the false immediate impression that faith itself is something of which we need to repent. This is not what is intended but it is what the wording naturally leads to.

Now if by "repentant faith", one means to say that faith itself is accompanied with repentance or that the act of faith includes the act of repentance, this is perfectly sound when referring to salvation as a whole.

That said, if "repentant faith" were to be used with specific reference to justification--that is, a man is justified by repentant faith--this would not only undermine the doctrine of justification by faith alone but would be a serious error in itself.

The preposition "by" in "by faith alone" intends to state the instrumental means (faith) of justification. The reason why faith is the only appropriate instrument is due to the fact that it is passive and empty in the act of receiving. Including "repentant" in the act of believing unto righteousness adds an active and contributive grace into the instrument and overturns the very principle of "faith alone". The same applies to any adjective which is supplied to faith in the act of justification, e.g., obedient faith, persevering faith, and so on.

Some will say "salvation is a simple matter of believing but believing is no simple matter."

For if faith were nothing more than knowledge and assent it would be an easy process of education, but faith includes the element of trust. Note there are three elements of genuine faith: knowledge, assent, trust. Consider the analogy of the chair:

I can know the chair is there, I can appreciate its workmanship, and its function.
I can believe the chair will support my weight, and that it will be comfortable.
But until I rest my body upon the chair, I have not really trusted it to hold me.

When we trust we are laying one's life and well-being upon another. Consequently, because a person has subjected himself to the all sufficient and complete Savior of sinners, true faith contains all the means for the complete transformation of the individual.

AMR

Here's an example in scripture where faith is a synonym with repentance.

The Jews are told to "change their mind" "metanoia" they took part in the Matthew 12 rejection of Messiah and now asked what they should do.

Peter tells them to believe and be baptized.
Ye men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God unto you by mighty works and wonders and signs which God did by him in the midst of you, even as ye yourselves know; him, being delivered up by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye by the hand of lawless men did crucify and slay:

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and the rest of the apostles, Brethren, what shall we do? And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (*Acts‬ *2‬:*22-23, 37-38‬ ASV)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The irony of this thread is that truster is one of those bully Christians when it comes to his enemy, he is no different.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The irony of this thread is that truster is one of those bully Christians when it comes to his enemy, he is no different.
Another irony is you claiming to be a servant of Christ, and spew more negativity about others than anyone else on this site.

Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.