ECT Actual Hebrews 7-8

Interplanner

Among the many things shown to be superior about the new covenant that has come is that the ancestry of Christ doesn't matter the way it did in the old.

'Our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.' 7:14

So much for race. It wasn't his ancestry but his indestructible life. The former regulation (the old covenant) was set aside because it was weak and useless, 7:18

This is in the letter to Hebrews--where you would think that race matters! It does not.

8:1 announces/summarizes: we do have such a high priest. We are not waiting for one. It is not something that will happen in the future in geographic Israel.

This is in the letter to Hebrews--where you would think that geography matters! It does not.

Why? because the man-made sanctuary was just that. Thus it was only a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. Instead of trying to do something there, God has already completed everything in Christ in the real sanctuary. So much for chasing down details in the old one.

This is in the letter to Hebrews--where you would think that the old covenant matters! It does not.

Instead, it was replaced. God effected the new covenant and priest in Christ. He made the firs one obsolete and it would (then) soon disappear. It did. It was the austere event of the destruction of Jerusalem.

IN 9 it can help to review what happened in the shadow and copy, but if we need to know anything about it, it is there in 9:1-10. Because who wants to get too deeply in something that is just a reminder of sins? 10:1-4

Instead the new covenant of Christ is now enjoyed.

The remarkable thing is how the people who think they are on top of what Hebrews is saying NEVER sound like this summary, because all they quote is one verse from the 4 chapters, one proof text of their D'ist system. That's horrible treatment of the Bible. I have pointed this out many times, and all I get is cartoons/emoji's and steps toward exclusion.

Interplanner

The thing about 9 or rather thing about the D'ists about the temple/tabernacle is that they want to find something about it that is not mentioned in ch 9 because they are running a different operation. They want to see things that Hebrews is not interested in, AND CLAIM THAT THEY ARE TRULY IN TOUCH WITH HEBREWS.

SaulToPaul 2

You took a passage about the priesthood being opened up to all 12 tribes instead of just one and somehow extrapolated from that that race no longer mattered? That was one giant leap.

SaulToPaul 2

The thing about 9 or rather thing about the D'ists about the temple/tabernacle is that they want to find something about it that is not mentioned in ch 9 because they are running a different operation. They want to see things that Hebrews is not interested in, AND CLAIM THAT THEY ARE TRULY IN TOUCH WITH HEBREWS.

Huh?

SaulToPaul 2

Your 'why was there a separate area for the nations' is NOT IN THE ONE PARAGRAPH IN THE NT THAT SPENDS ANY TIME ON THE PHYSICAL DETAILS OF THE TABERNACLE.

D'ism is a fraud, and keeps manifesting itself as such with examples like this.

One temple, three general sections. Fact.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is in the letter to Hebrews--where you would think that race matters! It does not.

This is in the letter to Hebrews--where you would think that geography matters! It does not.

This is in the letter to Hebrews--where you would think that the old covenant matters! It does not.

Instead, it was replaced.

Ok, the Sinaitic covenant for Israel was replaced with a better covenant.

But what about God's promises to Abraham?

Were they scrapped?

"And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Genesis 12:3)

"To your descendants I will give this land." (Genesis 12:7)

Are you claiming God doesn't keep his promises?

DAN P

Among the many things shown to be superior about the new covenant that has come is that the ancestry of Christ doesn't matter the way it did in the old.

'Our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.' 7:14

So much for race. It wasn't his ancestry but his indestructible life. The former regulation (the old covenant) was set aside because it was weak and useless, 7:18

8:1 announces/summarizes: we do have such a high priest. We are not waiting for one. It is not something that will happen in the future in geographic Israel.

Why? because the man-made sanctuary was just that. Thus it was only a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. Instead of trying to do something there, God has already completed everything in Christ in the real sanctuary. So much for chasing down details in the old one.

Instead, it was replaced. God effected the new covenant and priest in Christ. He made the firs one obsolete and it would (then) soon disappear. It did. It was the austere event of the destruction of Jerusalem.

IN 9 it can help to review what happened in the shadow and copy, but if we need to know anything about it, it is there in 9:1-10. Because who wants to get too deeply in something that is just a reminder of sins? 10:1-4

Instead the new covenant of Christ is now enjoyed.

The remarkable thing is how the people who think they are on top of what Hebrews is saying NEVER sound like this summary, because all they quote is one verse from the 4 chapters, one proof text of their D'ist system. That's horrible treatment of the Bible. I have pointed this out many times, and all I get is cartoons/emoji's and steps toward exclusion.

Hi and your are right , your quotes do not matter concerning Israel !!

I know that I DO NOT WANT YOUR EXCLUSION as we can refute FAKE NEWS !!

The reason that the priesthood of the tribe of Levi was set aside when Jesus died !!

Only one family from the whole Levitical line will be priests in the Millennium and that is ZADOK as he was FAITHFUL , Ezek 44:15 , as the other Priests were corrupted Ezek 44:10 !!

dan p

Interplanner

Christ is the High Priest forever now.

As usual D'ism has no idea what Hebrews is saying, because it would block the meaning that they think 8:8 contains--the precious kingdom for the race/state Israel. Not.

Interplanner

Gravy thick irony...

You change the meaning of the thing all the way through. then you wonder why 12:22+ does not have your fav doctrines.

I hope I'm helping you learn how to express things because you don't seem to know and it ruins your understanding of Hebrews, which btw has the most elaborate, elegant Greek in the whole NT; more than Luke's.

You need to learn how to demonstrate and prove things. It cannot be done with a paucity of words.