Aging

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
What is aging all about? Here are 2 pictures of the same woman taken years apart. The mysterious degenerative process we see going on here continues and causes eventual death.

4334732330130fe15b5fzjpg.img_assist_custom-600x400.jpg

Most blame time for this phenomenon. Is it that simple or is there something more?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
cells stop performing, organs wear out. this will sound unfeeling, but i sold auto parts. i thought after 20 years how a new part keeps the whole car going. it already happens, yet i see a future when surgery and artificial vital organs or real viable vital organs from stem cell type (notice i said type) research. replacement parts for people, all except the brain maybe - far off and extremely expensive no doubt, but technically possible. it's not a new idea and i'm not talking about science fiction stories. it's already decades in the making - centuries in fact

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
These are facts; not answers.

What causes cells to stop performing and organs to wear out?

i gave the answer - we need replacement parts, organs, fluids, cells, systems etc. smart folks are exploring/researching this in every way imaginable. i'm not one them, are you ?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
These are facts; not answers.

What causes cells to stop performing and organs to wear out?

do you think it's something other than time ? that's what aging means. i just don't think the answers are here on TOL. if you have research and info on stopping aging of cells, organs, bodies etc., we would be all ears, no pun intended Jorge - :patrol:

glorydaz

What is aging all about? Here are 2 pictures of the same woman taken years apart. The mysterious degenerative process we see going on here continues and causes eventual death.

4334732330130fe15b5fzjpg.img_assist_custom-600x400.jpg

Most blame time for this phenomenon. Is it that simple or is there something more?

Psalm 90:10
The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.​

When Adam sinned, sin came into the world and death by sin. So, I blame sin.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
do you think it's something other than time ? that's what aging means. i just don't think the answers are here on TOL. if you have research and info on stopping aging of cells, organs, bodies etc., we would be all ears, no pun intended Jorge - :patrol:

Think about it PJ, can time have an effect on anything?

In fact, is time a 'thing' at all?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.​

Good answer!

God's Truth

Oh, how wrong you are!!

You are an ignorant man and since you called me out, you need to respond to God's Word in your face.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

yep - good post -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Think about it PJ, can time have an effect on anything?

In fact, is time a 'thing' at all?

that's deep, and i have delved there in thought/imagination. yes, time is real, it affects and produces effects in/on everything we see and know, look around

i liked glorydayz post - :patrol:

God's Truth

i think you meant, BECAUSE OF SIN; disobedience to God is why we grow old, toil and die - please change your tune a bit -

I meant what I said.

You think you changed what I said? Hahahaha You just saw the scripture I posted that backs what I said so you changed your tune.