American atheist blogger hacked to death in Bangladesh

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[American atheist blogger hacked to death in Bangladesh: Protests in Dhaka after Avijit Roy, whose blog championed liberal secular writing in the Muslim-majority nation, was attacked along with his wife Agence France-Presse] "A prominent American blogger :5020: of Bangladeshi origin has been hacked to death with machetes by unidentified assailants in Dhaka, after he allegedly received threats from Islamists. :CRASH:

The body of Avijit Roy, founder of the Mukto-Mona (Free-mind) blog site – which champions liberal secular writing in the Muslim-majority nation – was found covered in blood after an attack that also left his wife critically wounded.

“He died as he was brought to the hospital. His wife was also seriously wounded. She has lost a finger,” local police chief Sirajul Islam said..." Full text: American atheist blogger hacked to death in Bangladesh Jn 8:36

republicanchick

makes you glad to live in the USA

In the US, someone would have reported the incident.. I mean, it looks like they didn't find him until later?

I don't know.. haven't been able to follow this
_

OCTOBER23

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS
--------------------------

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not,

and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you,

do good to them that hate you,

and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies,

do good to them which hate you,

Luke 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again;

and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest:

for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

shagster01

He was considered "liberal" because he spoke out against Islam. You won't find many American liberals that will do the same Doper.

He was an AMERICAN liberal. . .

He was well known for his writings on his self-founded site Mukto-Mona — an Internet community for freethinkers, rationalists, skeptics, atheists, and humanists

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avijit_Roy

Doesn't sound like a conservative internet community.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
He was an AMERICAN liberal. . .

I guess that opens the door for other American liberals to start speaking out against the religion of peace.

Be a liberal trendsetter here on TOL Doper...

here's some current information to work with:

2015.02.27 (Nangarhar, Afghanistan) - Two children are disassembled by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
2015.02.26 (Jos, Nigeria) - A dozen students are among thirteen innocents shredded by Islamist bombers at a bus station.
2015.02.26 (Zaourararm, Niger) - Two villagers on a horse-driven car are taken out by Boko Haram bombers.
2015.02.26 (Biu, Nigeria) - Nineteen people, including several women, are reduced to pulp by a suicide bomber at a market.
2015.02.26 (Cairo, Egypt) - A person bleeds to death outside a pizzeria following a Religion of Peace bomb blast.
2015.02.25 (Borno, Nigeria) - Over one hundred villagers are massacred by Boko Haram in attacks on three villages.
http://thereligionofpeace.com/

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So much for attempting to associate Christianity with Islam and sharia law.