Another Criminal Justice Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2MuchCoffeeMan

Okay, this is a little kooky...but I'm curious what you guys would think.
I was talking over Enyart's "God's Criminal Justice System" with a friend (who's also read it). We were considering in what ways this system of law would effect society. We started out talking about dangerous sports, who (if anyone) would/should be held responsible for deaths that occured in boxing matches, auto-racing, etc. The we got to discussing the old Roman gladiator-games. He asked whether such "games" would be legal under biblical law, assuming all participants volunteered and were paid just like any other sport.
The thing is, I can't really say. I mean if you volunteered and the other guys eviscerated you...could your family bring murder charges against your opponent? Or against the organizers?

Like I said, it's not really a serious topic. What do you guys think? Have a :coffee:, sit back and think it over. (Heh, had to get my logo in there somewhere.):D

2MuchCoffeeMan

Also, am I posting this stuff in the right area? Seems like the place to post with questions about a biblical justice system. At least, I can't any other section that seems more appropriate.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.