Answering old threads thread

Arthur Brain

False, on both counts.
To be fair I should have been a bit more specific in retrospect although the context was still easily enough read. In a loving relationship nobody would regard their partner as their property or whatever anyway and would in no way, shape or form, force sex onto them.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
To be fair I should have been a bit more specific in retrospect although the context was still easily enough read. In a loving relationship nobody would regard their partner as their property or whatever anyway and would in no way, shape or form, force sex onto them.

In a loving relationship, both husband and wife would consider themselves the property of the other, because the wife would "the husband's wife," and the husband would be "the wife's husband."

Do you see the apostrophe-S after each of those words? That indicates possession. Possession, as in, the ownership of property.

Arthur Brain

In a loving relationship, both husband and wife would consider themselves the property of the other, because the wife would "the husband's wife," and the husband would be "the wife's husband."

Do you see the apostrophe-S after each of those words? That indicates possession. Possession, as in, the ownership of property.
Don't try and pen romance novels as a career move whatever you do JR...

Uh, yah, I saw the apostrophes, duh. Shame you can't 'read between the lines' and recognize that a loving relationship is not about possession or ownership in a literal sense.

glorydaz

You might as well ask if a Christian husband has the right to corporally discipline his Christian wife if she has an abortion. The very terms Christian marriage and abortion are mutually exclusive.

That speaks volumes. Such a lack of knowledge concerning the marriage relationship is nearly impossible to believe.

Derf

How about hers? If she says no to sex and you force yourself on her regardless despite her protestations then please explain what this "something else" is other than rape and also how such an act is somehow loving and cherishing your wife.
Why would you assume I'd do that?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How about hers? If she says no to sex and you force yourself on her regardless despite her protestations then please explain what this "something else" is other than rape and also how such an act is somehow loving and cherishing your wife.

Listening to the belittling and disregard for women by some certainly makes a good argument against marriage …

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
That speaks volumes.
It does to those who understand what I was doing. I was paralleling the two ridiculous scenarios.

Scenario one: In a Christian marriage, is it acceptable for a spouse to force sex on a partner who denies it

Is a parallel to

Scenario two: In a Christian marriage is it acceptable for a spouse to corporally punish a partner who murders their unborn child

None of the four actions are acceptable. None of the four actions are elements of a Christian marriage. If they are present, you are talking about something other than a Christian marriage.
Such a lack of knowledge concerning the marriage relationship is nearly impossible to believe.
yawn

strawman based on your misunderstanding of what I stated

Derf

In a loving relationship there is no need to use force, because neither party is unrighteously holding back what belongs to the other.

Arthur Brain

In a loving relationship there is no need to use force, because neither party is unrighteously holding back what belongs to the other.
There's no excusable reason to use force regardless, period. A husbands wife is not obliged to give him sex on tap.