Anyone notice the timing...

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...of these two news stories coming out?

Green adviser calls for a limit of two children

and

'A Risk.' Octuplets' mom took gamble that paid off

All of the blogs I've been reading have comments about how this woman should have been limited to two children many years ago. But, how many of those same people would want to have the limit of two children placed on them?

Sure. I have a problem that she had 14 children under the age of ten that are receiving government assistance. But, I don't want the government telling me how many children I can or cannot have. Of course, I'm a big believer that, if you cannot support your children without government assistance, you should have no more than one child anyway. But, I think that people should be responsible for making that decision themselves.

I was married when I had my daughter. My husband left me. I had to go on welfare. So, I decided that I didn't want to have anymore children. Once I remarried, I wanted more children because I knew that my husband could support our family if I did have more children.

I have known people who take advantage of the system and have several kids in order to raise the amount of assistance they receive or to keep receiving assistance as their children grow older. But, I've also known many people who needed welfare for a short time because of losing a job and decided not to have more children until they were more financially stable.

We are no longer teaching our children how to take responsibility for their own decisions. Because so many of us are used to the government being there as a safety net, we're teaching our children that the government will take care of them.