Theology Club: ARE THE 12 APOSTLES IN or OUT of the Body of Christ ??

Right Divider

Body part
Shalom.

Israel is made up of Jews. Is the body of Christ made up of Jews and Gentiles?

When a person becomes a believer do they join with Israel?

Shalom.

Jacob
Gentiles were always allowed to join with Israel (Exodus 12:43-51)

In the body of Christ there is NEITHER Jew nor Greek (Galatians 3:28).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Gentiles were always allowed to join with Israel (Exodus 12:43-51)

In the body of Christ there is NEITHER Jew nor Greek (Galatians 3:28).

Shalom.

I understand that there is no distinction. The gospel is for Jew and Greek or Jew and Gentile.

Here are some scripture references that speak about how there is no distinction.

Acts 15:9
Romans 3:22
Romans 10:12
Colossians 3:11​

Shalom.

Jacob

Right Divider

Body part
Shalom.

I understand that there is no distinction. The gospel is for Jew and Greek or Jew and Gentile.

Here are some scripture references that speak about how there is no distinction.
Acts 15:9
Romans 3:22
Romans 10:12
Colossians 3:11​

Shalom.

Jacob
It appears that you are among the large crowd that does not understand that God changes the way that He deals with mankind from time to time.

Note that the scriptures you have shown were all written AFTER God raised up Paul (3 out of 4 actually written by Paul).

Lev 20:24 (KJV)
(20:24) But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I [am] the LORD your God, which have separated you from [other] people.

Deut 7:6-8 (KJV)
(7:6) For thou [art] an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that [are] upon the face of the earth. (7:7) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye [were] the fewest of all people: (7:8) But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

God chose Israel for a purpose and He is not finished with that purpose.

Matt 15:21-28 (KJV)
(15:21) Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. (15:22) And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, [thou] Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. (15:23) But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. (15:24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (15:25) Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. (15:26) But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast [it] to dogs. (15:27) And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. (15:28) Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great [is] thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Note that it was not until this woman humbled herself to the Master and His children that He would even speak to her.

We are in the BUT NOW time where God is freely offering His grace to the world. That time will come to an end one day and God will judge the world.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It appears that you are among the large crowd that does not understand that God changes the way that He deals with mankind from time to time.
Shalom.

I do not know what you mean by this.
Note that the scriptures you have shown were all written AFTER God raised up Paul (3 out of 4 actually written by Paul).

Lev 20:24 (KJV)
(20:24) But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I [am] the LORD your God, which have separated you from [other] people.

Deut 7:6-8 (KJV)
(7:6) For thou [art] an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that [are] upon the face of the earth. (7:7) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye [were] the fewest of all people: (7:8) But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

God chose Israel for a purpose and He is not finished with that purpose.

Matt 15:21-28 (KJV)
(15:21) Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. (15:22) And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, [thou] Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. (15:23) But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. (15:24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (15:25) Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. (15:26) But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast [it] to dogs. (15:27) And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. (15:28) Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great [is] thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Note that it was not until this woman humbled herself to the Master and His children that He would even speak to her.

We are in the BUT NOW time where God is freely offering His grace to the world. That time will come to an end one day and God will judge the world.
Okay, I think. I think that this is okay.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Which part don't you understand? You quoted quite a bit there.

Shalom.

Yes. I responded to your entire post. I suppose I could have cut your words out of the quote but I didn't. I actually did not think about doing so.

It is not that I disagree. I just feel that you might be understanding this as a Gentile while I am a Jew.

Shalom.

Jacob

Right Divider

Body part
Shalom.

Yes. I responded to your entire post. I suppose I could have cut your words out of the quote but I didn't. I actually did not think about doing so.

It is not that I disagree. I just feel that you might be understanding this as a Gentile while I am a Jew.

Shalom.

Jacob
You just got through saying that there was no distinction.

You're very nearly impossible to communicate with.

Being a Jew or a Gentiles should not affect our ability to understand God's Word.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You just got through saying that there was no distinction.

You're very nearly impossible to communicate with.

Being a Jew or a Gentiles should not affect our ability to understand God's Word.
Shalom.

You are not kept from worshipping the one true God if you are not a Jew or if you are a Gentile or a Greek.

Do you know who the one true God is? For example. I would say that the one true God is the God of Israel. Or the Creator. These are the same.

Shalom.

Jacob

Right Divider

Body part
Shalom.

You are not kept from worshipping the one true God if you are not a Jew or if you are a Gentile or a Greek.

Do you know who the one true God is? For example. I would say that the one true God is the God of Israel. Or the Creator. These are the same.

Shalom.

Jacob
Now you are completely off the topic.

You have problems focusing Jacob.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Now you are completely off the topic.

You have problems focusing Jacob.

Shalom.

As an Israelite I know that salvation is of the Jews. The twelve apostles were Jews. And there are Jews who are (a part of Israel and) the body of Christ. The question is if anyone who is a part of the body of Christ is not of Israel. Meaning, if you accept Christ as a Gentile do you become a part of Israel?

I converted and observe Torah even having accepted the new covenant.

Shalom.

Jacob

Right Divider

Body part
Shalom.

As an Israelite I know that salvation is of the Jews. The twelve apostle's were Jews. And there are Jews who are a part of Israel and the body of Christ. The question is if anyone who is a part of the body of Christ is not of Israel. Meaning, if you accept Christ as a Gentile do you become a part of Israel?

I converted and observe Torah even having accepted the new covenant.

Shalom.

Jacob
Confusion reigns with you Jacob.

The dispensation of God's freely given grace was a mystery and is not part of what He was does with and through Israel.

If you are living by the law, then you have not accepted God's grace.

The new covenant is between God and Israel and it NOT yet in place during this time.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Confusion reign with you Jacob.

The dispensation of God's freely given grace was a mystery and is not part of what He was does with and through Israel.

If you are living by the law, then you have not accepted God's grace.

The new covenant is between God and Israel and it NOT yet in place during this time.

Shalom.

To the contrary. The new covenant promised in Jeremiah is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah and came in Yeshua HaMashiach. To observe Torah is not to neglect or reject grace. Think about how you obey God's commands even though you believe in grace. I am of Israel so I am to observe all of God's commands. Some people believe that the body of Christ does not need to obey all of God's commands. There are believers who are not of Israel. Unless when you become a believer you become of Israel. Are we all called to observe all of God's commands? If a person is not of Israel or doesn't know that they are of Israel having become a believer, should they learn and study to see what is true and endeavor to observe all of God's commands? Or, should they be content with observing some of God's commands? I believe that both you and I are under grace and not under the law. I believe I should obey all of God's commands, even in that I recognize that I am of Israel even as I communicate this to you.

Shalom.

Jacob

Right Divider

Body part
Shalom.

To the contrary. The new covenant promised in Jeremiah is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah and came in Yeshua HaMashiach.
Prove it. It did not.

To observe Torah is not to neglect or reject grace.
That is double-talk.

Think about how you obey God's commands even though you believe in grace.
You do not understand law or grace.

I am of Israel so I am to observe all of God's commands.
If you say so. Do you go to Israel for the lawfully required feasts?

Some people believe that the body of Christ does not need to obey all of God's commands.
We don't. We were never given all of the law of Moses to observe.

There are believers who are not of Israel.
Israel is a nation, so that comes as no surprise.

Unless when you become a believer you become of Israel.
That is silly and anti-Biblical.

Are we all called to observe all of God's commands? If a person is not of Israel or doesn't know that they are of Israel having become a believer, should they learn and study to see what is true and endeavor to observe all of God's commands? Or, should they be content with observing some of God's commands? I believe that both you and I are under grace and not under the law. I believe I should obey all of God's commands, even in that I recognize that I am of Israel even as I communicate this to you.
The body of Christ was not given the law of Moses to obey. If you think that you need to keep this law of Moses and live by grace you are totally confused.

glorydaz

Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

I don't remember you ever saying you were a Jew when you posted here under Untellectual.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.
Prove it. It did not.
Do you believe that the new covenant came in Jesus Christ?
That is double-talk.
No. It is not. Jesus did not abolish the Law or the Prophets.
You do not understand law or grace.
I do.
If you say so. Do you go to Israel for the lawfully required feasts?
I have never been to Israel. Only in visions and computer communication over the internet, like with Theology Online or maybe Facebook (different way things are set up here between these two). I would like to go. This Passover I continue to observe outside the land.
We don't. We were never given all of the law of Moses to observe.
I am confused about if you were formerly a Gentile or if you were formerly a stranger to the covenants of promise (not knowing (them) or not participating (with these)). Are you of the commonwealth of Israel?
Israel is a nation, so that comes as no surprise.
Yes. But there are non-believers or people who do not obey God('s commands) in the world.
That is silly and anti-Biblical.
It may be. But asking prompts someone to examine where they are at (spiritually). However, when I was a Gentile I wondered among other things about what it means to be a part of the commonwealth of Israel, even as a Christian.
The body of Christ was not given the law of Moses to obey. If you think that you need to keep this law of Moses and live by grace you are totally confused.
We live by grace, but we do not sin. And sin is transgression of the law.

Shalom.

Jacob