Are You Ready For Jesus To Come?

MarcATL

If the trumpets were to sound and our Lord were to pierce the clouds right now as you read and/or type here on TOL, would you be ready to meet Him in the air in peace? Or would you be among the group that would cry out for the rocks to fall on you because you cannot bear to behold His light?

Regardless of your answer, how do you know it to be true?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If the trumpets were to sound and our Lord were to pierce the clouds right now as you read and/or type here on TOL, would you be ready to meet Him in the air in peace? Or would you be among the group that would cry out for the rocks to fall on you because you cannot bear to behold His light?

I know it to be true through faith. I'm ready and eager.

Galatians 5:5 - 5 [FONT=&quot]For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.[/FONT]

Philippians 3:20-21 - [FONT=&quot]20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.[/FONT]

MarcATL

I know it to be true through faith. I'm ready and eager.

Galatians 5:5 - 5 [FONT="]For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Philippians 3:20-21 - [COLOR=#000000][FONT="]20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, [/FONT]
[FONT="][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.[/FONT]
That's nice, but which group do YOU expect to be in, and how do you know it to be true?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's nice, but which group do YOU expect to be in, and how do you know it to be true?
I'm in the Body Of Christ BOC, 1 Corinthians 12:13-14 KJV - [FONT=&quot]12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. [/FONT]13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into[a]one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

MarcATL

I'm in the Body Of Christ BOC, 1 Corinthians 12:13-14 KJV - [FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]12 [/B][/FONT]For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also [I]is Christ. [/I][/FONT][/COLOR][I][FONT=Arial][B]13 [/B][/FONT]For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into[[URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%2012:12-14#fen-NKJV-28648a"]a[/URL]]one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.[/I]

[FONT="][/FONT]
Are you a once-saved-always-saved guy?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Are you a once-saved-always-saved guy?
The Bible (God) tells me so.

Ephesians 1:12-14 KJV -
[FONT=&quot]12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.[/FONT]

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

I would be totally ready. If you are able to be unsaved, then you were never saved in the first placer.

TrevorL

Greetings MarcATL,

I personally would face his coming with an element of fear and reservation. I accept that I have been justified by faith of the gospel, but consider that the process of salvation is ongoing, in that we must remain faithful through trial, and then stand before his judgement seat at his coming. Thus I am not OSAS.

We make good and bad decisions every day, but nevertheless I look to the example of such faithful as Paul and his own experience and counsel in Philippians 3:7-16. The end result of his faithfulness and dedication and God’s providential care resulted in Paul’s confidence at receiving the crown of righteousness at Jesus' appearing when Jesus returns to establish the kingdom.
2 Timothy 4:1,6-8 (KJV): 1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
I also suggest that the above Scripture indicates that we must balance the many other quotations with your 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 reference, as I believe that the judgement seat must occur before we are glorified and share the Kingdom of God upon the earth.

I am confident all of this is true because of many clear evidences that God exists and that His purpose is soon to be fulfilled, even as the death and resurrection and exaltation of Jesus is sure. If nine things are fulfilled according to God’s promises and predictions, then we can be confident that the tenth will also be fulfilled.

Kind regards
Trevor

TrevorL

Greetings musterion,
Then you're not justified from all things per Acts 13:39. "Process salvation" is really probation.
Acts 13:39 has a different range of meaning than OSAS, and you are misapplying this. This is speaking about justification by faith. I notice that you did not respond to my quotations. There are many more that disprove OSAS, and perhaps my favourite is to consider the various stages in the development of Abraham's faith. He is set forth as the father of the faithful. My impression of OSAS is that it robs the individual of true motivation in dedication to the things of God, and opens the door to sin and addiction to sin. Please also consider 2 Peter 1:1-12 concerning this.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings musterion, Acts 13:39 has a different range of meaning than OSAS, and you are misapplying this. This is speaking about justification by faith. I notice that you did not respond to my quotations. There are many more that disprove OSAS, and perhaps my favourite is to consider the various stages in the development of Abraham's faith. He is set forth as the father of the faithful. My impression of OSAS is that it robs the individual of true motivation in dedication to the things of God, and opens the door to sin and addiction to sin. Please also consider 2 Peter 1:1-12 concerning this.

Kind regards
Trevor
You don't know grace.

TrevorL

Greetings Right Divider,
You don't know grace.
I suggest that I do understand “grace” as revealed in the Bible. What I do not agree with is how some represent “grace”.
Romans 3:21-31 (KJV): 21But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Does your definition of grace include forgiveness of sins, in other words justification by faith? The above needs to be understood as an important definition of the process.

Kind regards
Trevor

Right Divider

Body part
Greetings Right Divider, I suggest that I do understand “grace” as revealed in the Bible. What I do not agree with is how some represent “grace”.
Romans 3:21-31 (KJV): 21But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Does your definition of grace include forgiveness of sins, in other words justification by faith? The above needs to be understood as an important definition of the process.

Kind regards
Trevor
My point was really that you do not understand Christ's earthly ministry to Israel and His ministry through Paul where He is freely dispensing His grace.

The LORD Jesus Christ was not preaching the dispensation of the grace of God during His earthly ministry to Israel.

I fully understand that Churchianity says otherwise and the most people here on TOL will try anything and everything to MASH those things together.

TrevorL

Greetings again Right Divider and musterion,
My point was really that you do not understand Christ's earthly ministry to Israel and His ministry through Paul where He is freely dispensing His grace.
The LORD Jesus Christ was not preaching the dispensation of the grace of God during His earthly ministry to Israel.
I fully understand that Churchianity says otherwise and the most people here on TOL will try anything and everything to MASH those things together.
I appreciate your response. I do not accept your view, and it seems to be some form of dispensationalism. I believe that there is one gospel and one method of salvation, and this has been simply and clearly taught from the Garden of Eden, e.g. Genesis 3:15, expanded in detail through the promises to Abraham and David, and confirmed by and concentred in Jesus and the full gospel. This gospel of the Kingdom and Name Acts 8:5,12 is the gospel for both Jews and Gentiles.
Acts 13 records the first major speech by Paul to both Jews and Gentiles, and he expounds and alludes to Habakkuk and justification by faith. To use this passage in Acts to teach OSAS is missing the main thrust of this important speech and also OSAS is a wrong concept. I also believe in the southern Galatians concept, and thus accept that Acts 13 is strongly linked with the Book of Galatians, and Paul recovers these Galatians, both Jews and Gentiles, by reminding them that they were converted to Christ when they believed the Gospel centred in Christ. They were thus saved by faith and not by law keeping. The problems encountered with the Galatians was then resolved at the Jerusalem Conference Acts 15, with James and Peter endorsing Paul's position. Justification is by faith for both Jews and Gentiles, and has always been the only method of salvation.

Kind regards
Trevor