ECT At death, the mystery unfolded.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Christian are you armed with your swords? The bible that is.
What does the bible teaches concerning those who have died? Please answer with scripture that is within the context!

I said
DEATH
2 Cor 5:16
16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer.
John 7:24
24 "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."
2 Cor 5:1-8
1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven,
3 if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked.
4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
1 Cor 15:51-58
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."
55 "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
I Jn 2:15-16
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world-- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-- is not of the Father but is of the world.
Matt 8:21-22
21 Then another of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father."
22 But Jesus said to him, "Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead."
Mark 8:35-36
35 "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.
36 "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
John 12:25
25 "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
John 12:27
27 "Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour.
John 11:25-26
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
26 "And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Heb 2:14-15
14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Rom 5:12
12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned--
Phil 1:21-24
21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
23 For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.
24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.
2 Tim 4:6-8
6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.
Phil 1:19-20
19 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.
2 Pet 1:13-15
13 Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you,
14 knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me.
15 Moreover I will be careful to ensure that you always have a reminder of these things after my decease.
1 Cor 15:54-55
54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."
55 "O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"
1Thes 4:13
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
John 5:28-29
28 "Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
29 "and come forth-- those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
John 14:1-3
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
Phil 1:19-30
19 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.
21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
23 For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.
24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.
25 And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith,
26 that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.
27 Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel,
28 and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.
29 For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,
30 having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.
John 10:10-11
10 "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the
sheep.
Heb 2:9-11
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.
10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,
1 Cor 15:24-26
24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.
26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
(NKJ)

Heb 2:14-16
14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
16 For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham.
(NKJ)

Luke 9:24
24 "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
(NKJ)

25 "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
(NKJ)

28 "Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
29 "and come forth-- those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
(NKJ)

Luke 10:19-20
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
(KJV)

feneluscliff

I said
DEATH
2 Cor 5:16
16Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer.
John 7:24
24"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."
2 Cor 5:1-8
1For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven,
3if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked.
4For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.
5Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
7For we walk by faith, not by sight.
8We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
1 Cor 15:51-58
51Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--
52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."
55"O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"
56The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
57But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
I Jn 2:15-16
15Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16For all that is in the world-- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-- is not of the Father but is of the world.
Matt 8:21-22
21Then another of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father."
22But Jesus said to him, "Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead."
Mark 8:35-36
35"For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.
36"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
25"He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
John 12:27
27"Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save Me from this hour'? But for this purpose I came to this hour.
John 11:25-26
25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
26"And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
John 6:63
63"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Heb 2:14-15
14Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
15and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Rom 5:12
12Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned--
Phil 1:21-24
21For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
23For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.
24Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.
2 Tim 4:6-8
6For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
8Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.
Phil 1:19-20
19For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.
2 Pet 1:13-15
13Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you,
14knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me.
15Moreover I will be careful to ensure that you always have a reminder of these things after my decease.
1 Cor 15:54-55
54So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."
55"O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"
1Thes 4:13
13But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
28"Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
29"and come forth-- those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
John 14:1-3
1"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2"In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
Phil 1:19-30
19For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.
21For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
23For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.
24Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.
25And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith,
26that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.
27Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel,
28and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.
29For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,
30having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.
John 10:10-11
10"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the
sheep.
Heb 2:9-11
9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.
10For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,
1 Cor 15:24-26
24Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.
25For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.
26The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
(NKJ)

Heb 2:14-16
14Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
15and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
16For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham.
(NKJ)

Luke 9:24
24"For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
(NKJ)

25"He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
(NKJ)

28"Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
29"and come forth-- those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
(NKJ)

Luke 10:19-20
19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
(KJV)
In conclusion?