Basic Genesis cosmology 2:

StanJ

I'm not looking for anything, I'm about my Father's business.

And it would be profitable to you to ask Him to give you the hearing ear, which we are told He plants. Without it, you'll be stuck in the mud, formless, unable to see past the muddied image. Peace

Putting yourself in Jesus' place is nothing more than pious rhetoric and NOT applicable to any man.

It would be beneficial for you to LEARN the truth of God's word and not continually spew your fallacious assertions of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

StanJ

Faith does not neglect ordinary knowledge. It is not a separate kind of knowledge. It integrates all that is known. Otherwise the spiritual or moral part of the Bible crumbles because the ordinary statements have.

Ps 19 says the heavens declare the glory of God, but there is no speech or language nor is their voice heard, because it is a different kind of communication about the same thing. The two sources of knowledge integrate. I can't think of a better example than Gonzalez and Richards' THE PRIVILEGED PLANET. Calvin said God has two parts to his book, the book of Scriptural revelation and the book of natural revelation; but it all integrates into one book.

There is nothing to be afraid of on this. Dawkins concluded his review of intelligent design by blurting 'if there is a god, he's infinitely more intelligent than the theologians have been saying!' Huh? That is what they have been saying but he (Dawkins) just realized God's book has the natural revelation part. It must never be neglected. We must keep trying to integrate, not to say it is a separate way or type of knowledge.

Faith believes what God's word says FIRST and FOREMOST.

Yes, as does Paul in Rom 1, but it is NOT the end all and be all of God's word.

Dawkins is a self centred supercilious fool. God will wake him up, just before he consigns him to eternal damnation.

RBBI

Putting yourself in Jesus' place is nothing more than pious rhetoric and NOT applicable to any man.

It would be beneficial for you to LEARN the truth of God's word and not continually spew your fallacious assertions of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Nonsense. We were made to be one with the Son and are joint heirs, and so OUGHT to be about our Father's business. You don't know who He is in you, nor who you are in Him (relationship), you only know what you THINK you know ABOUT Him.

The sons of the prophets stood AFAR OFF the day Elijah was taken from them, because they were just that: what the prophets produced. Don't allow the churches with their carnally minded
doctrines to place YOU afar off.

StanJ

Nonsense. We were made to be one with the Son and are joint heirs, and so OUGHT to be about our Father's business. You don't know who He is in you, nor who you are in Him (relationship), you only know what you THINK you know ABOUT Him.
The sons of the prophets stood AFAR OFF the day Elijah was taken from them, because they were just that: what the prophets produced. Don't allow the churches with their carnally minded
doctrines to place YOU afar off.

As usual, NO scripture whatsoever from you, just fallacious assertions. Your opinion means nothing.

Here is what God's word says.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.

Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours.

Now go tell God His word is wrong.

keypurr

As usual, NO scripture whatsoever from you, just fallacious assertions. Your opinion means nothing.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours.

More of what Peter says:

1Pe 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

2Pe 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

RBBI

What is exactly your point? I don't have any argument with the validity of scripture; if you've read any of my other posts, I uphold it as a matter of fact, EXCEPT when it's interpretation is found to come from the carnal minds of men, by comparing precept to precept.

When I say the part about the sons of the prophets, you don't instantly recognize that out of the Word and get the message? Is that what you're telling me?

Do you realize there was no NT when the disciples wrote what they did, and they did not quote verbatim the OT very often, yet it has 80% of OT related principles or comments about them, out of it, IN IT? That means, they didn't stand there and talk like programmed robots just quoting back and forth out of the OT, and they didn't do it in their letters either. It was already LIFE in them, and they could translate the precept contained in the line upon line.

Is the Word in you? If the risen Word was sitting on your couch, would you quote scriptures to Him, or talk to him normally?

There is a group that does....lets look at it from scripture......

Isa 28: 8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Tables and heart mean the same thing, ie. He writes on the tables of our heart, the act of consuming us. Tables that are full of vomit, are so because they continually vomit out scripture without any life coming out of it. They are like the rock in the desert without being struck/opened. Potential is there, but it takes hearing and obeying the SPIRIT to open the rock and release it's life.

We are supposed to be like sheep, which chew the cud/Word, over and over again, until there is nothing left to gain out of it, not just eat it at surface value only. There are layers and layers of understanding hidden in plain sight in there, but you have to LOOK for it, submitting yourself to THE Teacher.