Battle Royale Rules

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ian, maybe a future battle OK?

If you get an opponent locked in and an agreed upon topic I will consider it.

P

Pilgrimagain

At some point we all bring to the picture our own aprioris, but that is something different than eisogeteing. Eisogesis is interpreting scripture soley from our own point of view with out considering the, historical, theological, literary, cultural, linguistic, grammatical, contaxts of the passage.

Jaltus

Eisogeting is also looking at scripture to find something instead of finding something by reading scripture.

In other words, exegeting is finding something in scripture, eisogeting is bringing something to scripture and saying you found it there even when it is not.

temple2006

Helpful, Jaltus. It was just that I find it difficult to imagine bringing a blank slate to a situation, but I see what you mean. Although some people do fill in some blanks, I think.

DavidJ

communion

communion

I would like to debate someone on the subject of communion.
I take the stand that communion should be the act of worship that most unites us than one which most separates us into denominations. While we may indeed hold different understandings concerning real presence, anamnesis, and the relation of the elements to the spiritual act of communion, we can still stand side-by-side at the communion rail, united in love for each other in the church universal. I believe God finds this affirmation of unity in the Spirit more acceptable that an affirmation of unity with those who merely agree with our own way of thinking.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Take note...

Take note...

Two rule additions have been added to the BR rules:

RULE ADDITION #8
By agreeing to participate in a Battle Royale you also agree to allow your Battle to be reprinted or reused in full or in part by TheologyOnLine and it's various entities. In short... Battle Royales belong to TheologyOnLine and can be reprinted only with prior approval from TheologyOnLine.

RULE ADDITION #9
Any participant may attach images to their posts if they choose. However, since only subscribers can attach images to posts it is therefore beneficial to be a TOL subscriber. A regular registered TOL member does not have the ability to post image attachments to their posts and can therefore be at a possible disadvantage. To this we say............ SUBSCRIBE!!! :D

Note these 2 additions have been added to the original post in this thread which acts as the "official rules" for Battle Royales.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
I shall merely have to rely on painting pictures with words...

(We'll see how good a shoveller I am... ;) )

Toasty

oh yea Zakath, maybe for training you ought to view Bob's tape, "Bob Debates an Athiest." But then again, if you saw this tape you might run away from this debate lol. :D

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Why, do you think St. Bob the Broadcaster's opinion of himself is so high that he'll not vary his method?

Besides, I wouldn't spend a dime on anything that would provide money to Enyart...

Pierre

Originally posted by Zakath
Why, do you think St. Bob the Broadcaster's opinion of himself is so high that he'll not vary his method?

Besides, I wouldn't spend a dime on anything that would provide money to Enyart...

You wouldn't spend a dime because you're so intellectually dishonest you refuse to even hear the truth. If you were strapped down to a chair with your eyes taped open and were forced to listen to some of his tapes, we wouldn't even know who you are because you'd agree.

Instead, we're forced to see you make an utter fool of yourself debating a subject you refuse to admit is a lost cause. If I were an aethiest, I'd be ashamed to call myself one with the third rate attempt you wrote up. You can't even address the questions, and you are oblivious to how dumb that makes you look. At least admit if you can't answer the questions. But then again, all aethiests act as you do, it's why so many of us have such a low opinion of you.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Pierre
You wouldn't spend a dime because you're so intellectually dishonest you refuse to even hear the truth.
Hit a nerve, did I??? :chuckle:

I wouldn't spend a dime to support St. Bob the Broadcaster's work or ministry. Period.

If you were strapped down to a chair with your eyes taped open and were forced to listen to some of his tapes, we wouldn't even know who you are because you'd agree.
Is that how your sect usually gains converts? Your post demonstrates they certainly don't do it by persuasive argument. :think:

Instead, we're forced to see you make an utter fool of yourself...
If you find it unpleasant, don't watch. Or are "they" checking up on you to make certain you are reading along... :chuckle:

Pierre

Well Zakath, with the skill of a crippled dog, you managed to dodge the questions. Didn't understand what was asked, and didn't even bother to try. Why do you believe we evolved from monkeys with no proof? Is it when you walk through the zoo you feel some sort bond to the chimp exhibit?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Pierre
Well Zakath, with the skill of a crippled dog, you managed to dodge the questions. Didn't understand what was asked, and didn't even bother to try.
With all the venting of our spleen and ad homimens, I didn't notice you actually asking any questions... :confused:

Why do you believe we evolved from monkeys with no proof?
I never said I believed that I evolved from monkeys. In your case, there appears to be much stronger evidence for such a link. But that would be casting aspersions on some of your primate ancestors, and I actually have nothing against those poor animals. They couldn't help how you turned out... :chuckle:

Sadly enough, posts like yours continue to provide evidence that perhaps humans aren't as advanced as I give them credit for being... :rolleyes:

Is it when you walk through the zoo you feel some sort bond to the chimp exhibit?
Actually, no. Since you mention bonding though, I'll guess your favorite exhibit is the one housing the father of the mule. :think:

Pierre

Originally posted by Knight
Uhmmmm... guys?

This is not the place for a debate. OK?

Yes... TOL isn't a place for debate... :doh:

Anyhow, here's a rules question for you then: Do you at anytime plan to moderate the debate? Like actually make sure both sides answer the questions, are you planning to simply delete posts which don't belong only?