Battle Talk ~ Battle Royale VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Shaun
*pin drop*
I imagine that this forum will get rockin' when the debate starts.

I just opened it now because I had some time!

Plus.. I want all the hype money can buy! ;)

Do we have any money? :(

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
Shaun – Right, a brooding expectancy exists even prior to the massive onslaught.

Wow – I didn’t know all that about Zakath!!!

Went to cemetery :kookoo: , pastured two churches, founded a Christian school with his wife of 25 years, and has left the faith for atheism :doh: for the past 10 years! That is a mouth full! I wonder why his hosting a radio talk show wasn’t part of his repertoire. :think:

Knight - If you build it, they will come! - (LOL) This mega dome production is pretty cool stuff. Lots of room, plenty of seats, excellent viewing from all angles, and even high profile attractions! What a deal! This will be my first experience watching a battle royal. When does it all start? How long might it last? How long can the posts be? Can they use graphics? How about head and body protective gear? Will there be trained medical personnel on site in case of casualties?

This should be very “interesting”. :cool:

Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Enyart just gave Zakath a 5 day head-start by revealing his first question to Zakath on Tuesday's BEL show. But I think Zakath is going to need more time than that to answer it.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Wow. I'm underwhelmed. :down:

To get to the question I have to listen to an hour of Enyart preaching? :sleep:

Somehow I think I have better things to do with my time, perhaps that root canal I've been putting off... ;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As stated... the coin toss will be the day after Fathers Day June 16th. Then winner of the coin toss has 48 hours to make his first post.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Zakath
To get to the question I have to listen to an hour of Enyart preaching?
Nope. The very first word of the show is the word "Zakath."

By the way, Bob pronounces your name Za KATH with the emphasis on the second syllable. Is that the correct pronunciation?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Thanks Jefferson, the first one I listened to jumped right into a sermon. I must have pulled the wrong link the first time...

After listening to his piece, here are my comments:

So I'm an "experienced, aggressive, well-read, lifestyle atheist", eh? I think I'm flattered! :D

While that was quite an introduction, could someone explain what he means by a "lifestyle atheist"? :confused:

His first question is, as I understand it, "does truth exist?" It appears we will be proceeding on a variant on his "absolute truth" argument. I was hoping for something a little meatier, but we'll take what comes... :)

Several points...
  • I find it disingenuous that the good Reverend has already begun to attempt to manipulate the debate by categorically stating that he will refuse to debate, "unilaterally declaring him (me) in default" if I do not answer the question a certain way, trying to force the debate into his prepared line of argumentation.

I also find it interesting that Rev. Enyart plans to use the debate as sermon and discussion fodder, soliciting input from his church congregation to use in the debate. I'm sorry he feels threatened that he has to get his entire church involved so that I'm, in effect, debating Denver Bible Church, not just its pastor...

Third, and most important, to even address his question "Does truth exist?" is to abandon the primary question of the debate. The debate is "Does God exist?", not "does Bob Enyart's idea of truth exist". One might wonder whether this Open-view, theonomist can even support the existence of his distant deity except through diversion and philological gymnastics...

To keep with the spirit that St. Bob the Broadcaster appears to be cultivating for the debate, I will categorically state that I will debate the question posed for the debate, "Does God Exist?" and will not waste much time or effort on Enyart's pet philosophical maunderings...

This may be short and sweet after all... :think:

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Jefferson
Nope. The very first word of the show is the word "Zakath."

By the way, Bob pronounces your name Za KATH with the emphasis on the second syllable. Is that the correct pronunciation?

BTW, it's "Zay-kath". Long "a" and accent on the first syllable, short "a" in the second. It's a common error since Mallorean is quite a bit different than English... ;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BTW, it's "Zay-kath". Long "a" and accent on the first syllable, short "a" in the second. It's a common error since Mallorean is quite a bit different than English... ;)
I will never be able to pronounce that right.

I have been saying Za-KAAAAAATH for years! :doh:

Scrimshaw

I'm not sure why asking the question "does truth exist" is being viewed so onimously. Obviously you believe truth exists else you would have nothing worth arguing for. For example, atheists believe it is "true" that there is not enough evidence to warrant god-belief. So instead of making mountains out of moehills and make-believing there are all sorts ulterior motives behind the simple question.......why not just supply the simply answer to the simple question?

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Knight
I will never be able to pronounce that right.

I have been saying Za-KAAAAAATH for years! :doh:

That's OK, we Malloreans are a tolerant folk... ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Scrimshaw
I'm not sure why asking the question "does truth exist" is being viewed so onimously. Obviously you believe truth exists else you would have nothing worth arguing for. For example, atheists believe it is "true" that there is not enough evidence to warrant god-belief. So instead of making mountains out of moehills and make-believing there are all sorts ulterior motives behind the simple question.......why not just supply the simply answer to the simple question?

Because one of the favorite tactics of presuppositionalists like Enyart is to change the focus of the debate from something he cannot do (i.e. prove the existence of a deity, any deity) to get the debeate mired down in philosophical quagmire. He then walks away claiming victory when he never answered the question in the first place.

Scrimshaw

Because one of the favorite tactics of presuppositionalists like Enyart is to change the focus of the debate from something he cannot do (i.e. prove the existence of a deity, any deity) to get the debeate mired down in philosophical quagmire. He then walks away claiming victory when he never answered the question in the first place.

I am not at all familiar with Enyart so I'll take your word for it. Hopefully he can give some decent enough arguments to make this a worthwhile debate. As an agnostic theist, I will be looking on with interest.

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Goose
You have to have truth as a basement for any argument.
I would agree with you in the sense that both parties must agree upon a common definition of truth before the discussion can proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.