• Freak

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • me again

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

me again

No, I didn't get your PM. Usually, if there is a PM, when I log on it "jumps up" as an instant message.

However, based upon your notification (above), I checked for PMs and saw your message. I replied.

C

cirisme

Ev, ev, ev...

Ev, ev, ev...

And why does Jesus also say "He that believeth on me, believeth NOT ON ME, but ON HIM WHO SENT ME"?

Interesting twist of scripture... :down: I am specifically referring to John 6:47:

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

What would "believes in Me" include?

Believes in the crucifixion?
Believes in the resurrection?
Believes in any event in Jesus' life?
Believes in the fact that Jesus is Christ?
Believes in the fact that Jesus is deity?

If we believe in Jesus, we must believe in everything about Him, not what we like and don't like. And that would include His deity.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The length of "Battle Royale I" has been adjusted to 10 rounds.

I think 20 would have been waaaaayyyyy too long.

Both combatants were asked and they agreed.

Evangelion

Cirisme -

Interesting twist of scripture...

It's called "context." I'm sorry if it disturbs you. :)

I am specifically referring to John 6:47

I know. And I am showing you that Jesus qualified his own words in another passage. You have to take both passages together - you can't just ignore the one you don't like. You need to reconcile them with each other.

I can. Can you?

What would "believes in Me" include?

Everything which he practiced and preached - and also, a firm belief in his Father. :)

Believes in the crucifixion?

Yep.

Believes in the resurrection?

Yep.

Believes in any event in Jesus' life?

Yep.

Believes in the fact that Jesus is Christ?.

Yep.

Believes in the fact that Jesus is deity?

Nope. Now you're assuming too much. I can acceot the previous examples, because Jesus also told us to believe on his works as well as his testimony. So I have a Biblical precedent for believing in those things which you have listed. But I see no Biblical precedent for the necessity of a belief in Jesus' alleged deity.

If we believe in Jesus, we must believe in everything about Him, not what we like and don't like.

Agreed.

And that would include His deity.

Only if you can prove that he claimed it.

So now you're back to Square One. ;)

me again

Whoa Ev,

You're a good debator. You took him full circle and then, with the last punch, you caused his pillar to crumble. The building came crashing down. Dust and rubble were everywhere. It was horrific. :eek:

C

cirisme

Everything which he practiced and preached - and also, a firm belief in his Father.

I agree.

Only if you can prove that he claimed it.

So now you're back to Square One.

John 8:58, 1 John 5:8.

Me again,

You're a good debator. You took him full circle and then, with the last punch, you caused his pillar to crumble.

Really? I've dealt with brainwashed idoits like him before. He's so predictable and fun to play with. :D

P

Pilgrimagain

Again I will say that we, for the most part, are poor judges as to who is winning or will win because we can't step far enough away from our a prioris to look at it objectively.

So far Freak has not dealt with Me Agains rebuttal or assertion besides to repeat his original statements. Mean while, in terms of debate, Me Again has attempted to address each individual statement of Freaks while arguing his own point.

In the end, though this is fun to watch, no one will change their mind and the votes for best argument will be given not to the one who made the best argument but to the one who holds the position we already agree with.

Jaltus, as the resident Greek scholar, can you comment on Freaks appeal to authority? Are those scholars main stream and are the as respected as Freak claims?

Pilgrim

P

Pilgrimagain

On an interesting side note, most of the staff here at my church are getting into this as well. You may see some of them posting in the near future. It's cool to be a trend setter!

Pilgrim

Goose

Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
On an interesting side note, most of the staff here at my church are getting into this as well. You may see some of them posting in the near future. It's cool to be a trend setter!

Pilgrim
Awesome. Let us know who they are when they join!

me again

OUCH

OUCH

• Posted by cirisme:

Snip…
    I've dealt with brainwashed idiots like Evangelion before. :D
Ouch! What did Evangelion say to deserve to be called a ”brainwashed idiot? Did the Spirit of Jesus motivate you to call Evangelion a ”brainwashed idiot?”

Pray tell? :confused:

me again

SAFE ZONE

SAFE ZONE

Being in the ring is fun because Freak hasn’t used any invectives towards me or anyone else!!!

Awesome!!! :D

Justin

Me Again said in his last response in the debate:

I also believe that Michael the Archangel was actually the Lord Jesus Christ in his pre-human birth form. He came here with the authority of the Father. He is one with our Father, yet they are two separate entities.

Woh...

Where did that come from? :confused:

me again

Divergent Views ?

Divergent Views ?

Stirring the pot while it boils?

• 1Th 4:16
    For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Whose Voice? What does the above scripture say to you? Have you ever studied the issue?

Hey, maybe Jay will officially tell me that I'm hell bound? :confused:

me again

I knew that it would raise eyebrows, but that’s okay. I did it intentionally.

When the idea was first proposed to me, I was offended. But after studying the issue, it makes sense.

Whose Voice is it that shouts when Jesus returns?

bill betzler

Me again,
1Th 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Is Jesus also the trumpet of God? It really makes more sense to see Jesus descend while the voice and trumpet make their sounds of announcement of His presence.

bill

me again

• Posted by bill betzler
    Justin,

I was with me again until that part you just caught.

I bet he has trouble proving Michael is Jesus.l

We'll save that argument for a different battle. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.