Be a Walking Billboard For Christ

OCTOBER23

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men,

that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have a friend who is married. She is young, 21, and when I invite friends over to dinner or to sit around the fire pit , she and her husband usually attend. She is a gentle, quite type, but very engaging conversationally when addressed. I always hear from other friends, mostly Christians, who is that young woman ? There is something different about her. Again coming from mostly Christian.
Why:
Her devotion, her love, her gratitude, her commitment-devotion, her obedience, and unwavering belief to Jesus is so serious , she radiates Holy Spirit just by her presence. She is such a example of what I hope to be in our Lord Jesus. A walking billboard for Jesus. I am so blessed by God, and grateful to God for bringing her and her husband into my life. Her counsel-conversation, is always in Gods love and humility.
She has impacted my life in Christ more than Charles Stanley has in 30 years. And C. Stanley, Oswald Chambers, and another friend, have not had the same impact in my life as my friend-Sister in Christ. In the 5 short months I have known her.

I share this with you all, that we too can be walking billboards for Christ. If we are 100% committed-devoted to Jesus. It can be done. Our Sisters in Christ are as important as our brothers. I have been blessed here by 3.

My sister in Christ, although young, is encountering a very serious health issue. Yet she remains devoted to Jesus. And has spoken to only a few about this. Very close friends only.

So please pray for her. And devote your life to Jesus. No worrying, no self seeking, ET...just look for someone to love. Lay your cares aside and trust Jesus with them. In doing so we trust Jesus with all things and we are free to love others.

I hope this testimony encourages others.

That is a great testimony !! Thanks Rogueone !! We will all pray for her !!

PS - don't start coveting that married young woman !!! Just kidding.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Sssshhh, you've said enough. We started taking Jesus seriously 2000 years ago. Following the truth will lead to Paul's gospel that was given him from Christ Jesus. It's not complicated.

BTW, there is no Mattew 4:45, so I can't answer your question,

Truly, I don't know what else I can say to you . . .
Shhh! A diversity of beliefs are threatening to God! And to Constantinian Christianity. You think?

Far from it. God has already won and Jesus's experience of the passion and character of God wins out and takes first place.

"I saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven."

Thanks for catching my mistake about the passage from Jesus. I thought I was putting down the right numbers. Just imagine that Jesus said what I posted and then you can speak up.

Paul's auditory revelation was not theology. According to his letters, Jesus said "Paul, why do you persecute me?"

Paul's theology was not Jesus's, for Paul called Jesus God's Son because of the crucifixion and resurrection. And Jesus held to the older tradition of coming before a God of mercy with repentance and a contrite heart. All that was really necessary was to forgive ourselves and forgive others. Any Jew like Jesus would have been nauseated by the idea of a human blood sacrifice. This is what the pagans did. Jesus talked of a God that required "Mercy, not sacrifice."

Mark's theology claimed Jesus was declared Son of God at his baptism. Matthew and Luke say it happened before he was born.
And John's gospel, not historical but theological, depicts a different sort of Jesus that speaks in long, dense mystical/gnostic theology all about himself and the importance of believing in him.

You don't have to feel called by God to answer to the facts, evidence and data revealed by historical methodology. Many of the religious, political and cultural context of the gospels are not taught by many churches these days.

I think it is more important to find Jesus's unique voice in his parables and pithy one-liners. I certainly treasure the many theological affirmations that his followers put onto him after his death. I try to take everything in the Bible reverently and seriously.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Shhh! A diversity of beliefs are threatening to God! And to Constantinian Christianity. You think?

Far from it. God has already won and Jesus's experience of the passion and character of God wins out and takes first place.

"I saw Satan fall like lightning from Heaven."

Thanks for catching my mistake about the passage from Jesus. I thought I was putting down the right numbers. Just imagine that Jesus said what I posted and then you can speak up.

Paul's auditory revelation was not theology. According to his letters, Jesus said "Paul, why do you persecute me?"

Paul's theology was not Jesus's, for Paul called Jesus God's Son because of the crucifixion and resurrection. And Jesus held to the older tradition of coming before a God of mercy with repentance and a contrite heart. All that was really necessary was to forgive ourselves and forgive others. Any Jew like Jesus would have been nauseated by the idea of a human blood sacrifice. This is what the pagans did. Jesus talked of a God that required "Mercy, not sacrifice."

Jesus offered and granted salvation to many folks, long before he was hung bleeding on a cross.

Mark's theology claimed Jesus was declared Son of God at his baptism. Matthew and Luke say it happened before he was born.
And John's gospel, not historical but theological, depicts a different sort of Jesus that speaks in long, dense mystical/gnostic theology all about himself and the importance of believing in him.

You don't have to feel called by God to answer to the facts, evidence and data revealed by historical methodology. Many of the religious, political and cultural context of the gospels are not taught by many churches these days.

I think it is more important to find Jesus's unique voice in his parables and pithy one-liners. I certainly treasure the many theological affirmations that his followers put onto him after his death. I try to take everything in the Bible reverently and seriously.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Because Paul persecuted Christians and was a chosen vessel for God's gospel of Grace that Paul received first of all. Saul became Paul and was an example of God's unlimited grace; Paul blasphemed the Holy Spirit and God still saved him to preach the gospel of Christ and grace.

1 Timothy 1:15 KJV - 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV -

Philippians 3:17 KJV - 1 Corinthians 4:15 KJV -

1 Peter 5:3 KJV -

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
you do work closely, following and reporting on them, NAMBLA is peppered throughout your threads. That has nothing to do with my faith in Jesus Christ.

Oh, so you weren't calling me a child molester?

I see that you reported me. Is that being a follower of Christ as well?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm asking folks to examine themselves in their everyday interactions with real people face to face, not the phoniness that pervades the internet.

Do we do more than quote a few scriptures or tell a Bible story for a lesson that speaks to an issue? Words are great but we need action, and I'm not speaking of works, but simply Christian values and deeds.

Do we speak with kindness and show love everyday ? We should. We can do more sometimes without words than words can ever convey.

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I'm asking folks to examine themselves in their everyday interactions with real people face to face, not the phoniness that pervades the internet.

Do we do more than quote a few scriptures or tell a Bible story for a lesson that speaks to an issue? Words are great but we need action, and I'm not speaking of works, but simply Christian values and deeds.

Do we speak with kindness and show love everyday ? We should. We can do more sometimes without words than words can ever convey.
It's not easy or comfortable for us to be honest believers and examine the logs in our own eyes, is it?

Or to take Jesus seriously when the Bible reveals his teachings?

I am in favor of an ACTION-BASED Christianity. The old BELIEF-BASED faith is crumbling down around us and is shrinking and literally vanishing.

If we continue to insist on the modern world taking such ancient beliefs and formulations as "Jesus is Savior of the World," or "Jesus is the Son of God," "...born of a virgin," etc. seriously, then Christianity--as John Lennon said--"will vanish and shrink."

And the words of Thomas Jefferson is a good place to end my comments:

"The church's meddlings have caused good men to reject the whole in disgust."

brinny

maybe do what Jesus did?

What most comes to mind, is that He never ever rushed. He kept His un-rushed stride.
He always was interested in the genuine "needs" of any who came to Him.
He fed ya' when yu were hungry.
He saved a drowning man, Peter.
He was not a respecter of persons.
And He put the mean-spirited in their place hahaaaa

LOVE that.
4chsmu1.gif