Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

Enyart: "Now the allisaur that you found, you found this material in its mouth and around it, organic material. I wasn't there for that work. Was that also in sandstone?

Paleontologist: "Yes, actually this material is actually imbedded in the sandstone with the fossil itself. So there's no way it could have fell through a crack or leaked through the ground or the soil. It's actually imbedded right in the mouth of the animal. The animal's mouth is positioned open slightly and right in it there's pieces of wood. A log that was actually imbedded ran right through the mouth of the allisaourus and we had organic material imbedded right with the skull."

Enyart: "And so that material in sandstone, even in the dinasaur's mouth, when his skull fossilized, it's not possible and I'm not a scientist, a physicist, but it's not possible, the physics of it, that organic material would remain in sandstone for 150 million years, indicating that dinasaur is a lot younger."

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Jukia
Has this paleontologist published this amazing discovery in any peer reviewed journal?
Good question. I'm not aware of the politics between differing views on creationism/evolution and old earth/young earth in the "peer reviewed" journals. But scientists have their turf to protect. So I rather doubt that any pro-evolution/old earth journal will have an open-mind to any evidence to the contrary no matter how compelling that evidence may be. Scientists would have you believe that they are neutral, objective and pure as the wind-driven snow, just wanting the facts and letting the chips fall where they may. I don't believe that lie.

Jukia

If I really thought this guy had real evidence of a young earth, 6000 year old dinosaur I would be out to wherever he is in a second and we would both have more $ than we knew what to do with.

Peer reviewed journals won't accept this guys stuff cause it is useless

Stop whining about what you think is some scientific godless conspiracy. If there were any real scientific basis for creationism it would be mainstream. While some scientists protect their turf, as do some creationists, there are enough people interested in the facts and truth that if there were evidence to support this guys interpretation it would be on the front page of every newspaper and cover of every weekly magazine.

One problem is that whenever a creationist gets involved, they start with "Genesis is fact" rather than--"Hey, look at this, how can we best explain this"

One Eyed Jack

If I really thought this guy had real evidence of a young earth, 6000 year old dinosaur I would be out to wherever he is in a second and we would both have more $ than we knew what to do with.

Where would all that money come from?

Peer reviewed journals won't accept this guys stuff cause it is useless

Yeah, useless when it comes to pushing the evolutionist paradigm. Of course they won't accept it.

Stop whining about what you think is some scientific godless conspiracy. If there were any real scientific basis for creationism it would be mainstream.

Sure, just like belief in a flat Earth once was -- what with the scientific basis and all...

While some scientists protect their turf, as do some creationists, there are enough people interested in the facts and truth that if there were evidence to support this guys interpretation it would be on the front page of every newspaper and cover of every weekly magazine.

You've got to be kidding. The liberal media are about as Godless as they come.

One problem is that whenever a creationist gets involved, they start with "Genesis is fact" rather than--"Hey, look at this, how can we best explain this"

Nevermind the fact that Genesis often does provide the best explanation.

Jukia

So lets find out if his research is published anywhere in any peer reviewed journals or even if he has submitted to any. I e-mailed him through his web site and asked if it was published. I will post any response I get.

And peer reviewed journals are not "the liberal media"
And science has now shown that the earth is not flat. Just as science has shown that it is more likely than not that dinosaurs and man never existed together and that dinosaur fossils are millions of years old, not thousands. Science is able to adapt, something that literal believers in the Bible seem unable to do.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
A good example of the closed-mindedness, bias and even paranoia of pro-evolution scientists is found in the following quote of this very show we are discussing:

Paleontologist: "Our Allisaurus, we wanted to do some comparables, the skull of our Allisaurus with some of them that have been found by the secular scientists and they hand you this pamphlet to fill out and the lady tells me, 'Look on the back page at the very most important thing you need to fill in.' And what it was, was 'Who are you affiliated with, what group, or are you religious in any way.' So they don't want to share if you come from a creationist point of view. They don't want to give you access to their information and records."

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And peer reviewed journals are not "the liberal media"
I'm pretty sure OEJ was referring to your comment, "it would be on the front page of every newspaper and cover of every weekly magazine." After all, that was the last part of the quote immediately preceding OEJ's "liberal media" comment.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
For yet another pathetic attempt of a pro-evolution scientist trying to be objective read THIS quote from a recent show.

Status
Not open for further replies.