Believing in vain- 1Co 15:2

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So are you saying that then meant that Peter was one of the 12 which would imply at some later point that he wasn't?

1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

Or does it mean he was first seen of Peter then the 12 later?

Why the word then?

Cephas saw Jesus apart from the other men and then later saw Jesus with the other men.

Jamie Gigliotti

All you did was to quote verses in a failed effort to prove that the Lord Jesus was wrong when he said this:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand"
(Jn.10:28).​

Those words cannot be misunderstood and since they contradict your ideas you quote verses which you do not even understand in a failed effort to prove that the Lord Jesus is wrong. I will quote you more of His words so that you can stay in practice in your effort to try to prove Him wrong:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (Jn.6:37).​

I am sure that if you search the Scriptures long enough you will find verses which you think proves that the Lord Jesus was in error when He said that.
Jerry in know way am I trying to prove Jesus wrong. That is impossible.

What He does expect is for us to màke every attempt to understand scripture as a whole. Jerry He gives us freewill and places responsibility upon us to remain humbly in Him. It is the choice He allows create the love relationship between us. Its only possible with our humility. He does not force this upon us, but He lovingly warns us against the consequences of our prideful refusal of Him.