Bi-partisanship is far more dangerous than is Covid-19 !

tieman55

One thing that I hear quite often these days from the talking heads is . . . How nice it is that we have "bi-partisanship" on this or that matter concerning covid-19

It is laughable and absurd to think that when laws are passed in a bi partisanship manner, that they are somehow good. Seriously, does anyone think anymore?

The very worst things that come form our government, are always when political parties agree on a matter. The only exception that comes to my mind is WWII.

Bi-partisan equals: bigger, and more powerful government, nothing else and it happens at lighting speed.

Partisanship equals: bigger, and more powerful government but at a snails pace so that the private sector has a chance to out run the bureaucracy . . . as we stay one step ahead of the bureaucrats.

My whole life in business has been a race to out flank the myriad of bureaucracies that hate the private sector . . . but now there is no place to run as they have many of us imprisoned away from our businesses! (please permit me that bit of hyperbole, as I am not yet beaten, and I am not staying at home, until they cuff me up I will not stop living a normal life! And yes that is the christian thing to do!)

Cases in point to follow . . .

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
One thing that I hear quite often these days from the talking heads is . . . How nice it is that we have "bi-partisanship" on this or that matter concerning covid-19

It is laughable and absurd to think that when laws are passed in a bi partisanship manner, that they are somehow good. Seriously, does anyone think anymore?

The very worst things that come form our government, are always when political parties agree on a matter. The only exception that comes to my mind is WWII.

Bi-partisan equals: bigger, and more powerful government, nothing else and it happens at lighting speed.

Partisanship equals: bigger, and more powerful government but at a snails pace so that the private sector has a chance to out run the bureaucracy . . . as we stay one step ahead of the bureaucrats.

My whole life in business has been a race to out flank the myriad of bureaucracies that hate the private sector . . . but now there is no place to run as they have many of us imprisoned away from our businesses! (please permit me that bit of hyperbole, as I am not yet beaten, and I am not staying at home, until they cuff me up I will not stop living a normal life! And yes that is the christian thing to do!)

Cases in point to follow . . .

Ah the Christian thing to do is threaten the health of your fellows, Christian and non? Good to know.

And remember your complaint about bi-partisanship in November

Gary K

Banned
Ah the Christian thing to do is threaten the health of your fellows, Christian and non? Good to know.

And remember your complaint about bi-partisanship in November

The bipartisanship he is referring to is when it has been used to bankrupt the US with massive government spending, remove our constitutional rights, enforce immorality thus destroying our culture, and push wars upon us that were meant to do nothing but making sure the corruption gravy chain had lots of revenue passing through it. You're apparently too ignorant to understand his position.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
The bipartisanship he is referring to is when it has been used to bankrupt the US with massive government spending, remove our constitutional rights, enforce immorality thus destroying our culture, and push wars upon us that were meant to do nothing but making sure the corruption gravy chain had lots of revenue passing through it. You're apparently too ignorant to understand his position.

OH, you mean Trump's tax cuts.
Which particular Constitutional rights have been removed?
You decide what is immoral? And what is "our culture". Dog whistle for White Protestant?
And are you referring to the Bush/Cheney wars?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
OH, you mean Trump's tax cuts.
Which particular Constitutional rights have been removed?
You decide what is immoral? And what is "our culture". Dog whistle for White Protestant?
And are you referring to the Bush/Cheney wars?

my goodness!

don't you have a lot of questions!

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ

Bi-partisan equals: bigger, and more powerful government, nothing else and it happens at lighting speed....
That's true, and it's that way right in our constitution. Super majorities can do things rapidly. But I leer at whatever is done with simple majorities, especially slim ones, because that is partisan opportunism, even if it's a measure or policy that I support. Political parties are inevitable in democracies (political parties exist for the sole purpose of winning elections and nothing else), and where the public is evenly divided we really ought not imo be doing anything, making changes, more laws, anything, because our basically 50-50 division ought to tell us that we collectively don't want anything to change at all, but of course the elections continue to come right on schedule and officials want to be reelected and candidates want to occupy vacant offices etc., so, they do things, they change things, they make new laws, and on it goes because elections keep coming and parties exist to win those elections and on and on and on.

eider

That's just about where we are going to be at......... very soon.

tieman55

total deaths from WW2: 85,000,000

total deaths from China Flu, so far: 113,384

we're a little more than 1/10th of 1% of the way there.

settle down chicken little

No one has ever died from the flu.

30 million or so people a year have the flu just in this country.

So according to you, the flu is deadly ... 30, million should be dead every year. LOL

You must rightly divide :)

Every "flu" death is always "complications from the flu"

The flu is in no sense of the word, deadly.

No body likes to get sick, but it is good for us.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
No one has ever died from the flu.

30 million or so people a year have the flu just in this country.

So according to you, the flu is deadly ... 30, million should be dead every year. LOL

You must rightly divide :)

Every "flu" death is always "complications from the flu"

The flu is in no sense of the word, deadly.

No body likes to get sick, but it is good for us.

my reply was to eider, who had been replying to you

eider, who has been running around with his hands in the air screaming "It's the end of the world! We're all gonna die"