Theology Club: Blinding of Israel

Right Divider

Body part
There are dispensations (God dealing with humanity in different ways) in the Bible. Dispensationalist use this as an interpretive tool to arrive at their doctrines and beliefs particularly regarding the nation state of Israel and the Jews. It is not a valid interpretive tool because it leads back to the very thing that Jesus came to both resolve, and the misunderstanding cleared up that Israel had. That being that the Messiah would come to restore and fulfill the kingdom of the nation state of Israel.
I can see that the books from Genesis to Malachi are foreign to you.

Arial

I can see that the books from Genesis to Malachi are foreign to you.
You see no such thing as they are very familiar to me. I have read and studied them many, many times. The fact that I do not see the confusion and alienation from the purpose and plan of God that you cherry pick out of them does not mean I am unfamiliar with them.

Right Divider

Body part
You see no such thing as they are very familiar to me.
If they were, you would have understood the Messiah and His kingdom.
I have read and studied them many, many times.
So you say... but you still miss many key facts.
The fact that I do not see the confusion and alienation from the purpose and plan of God that you cherry pick out of them does not mean I am unfamiliar with them.
:sleep:

glorydaz

There are dispensations (God dealing with humanity in different ways) in the Bible. Dispensationalist use this as an interpretive tool to arrive at their doctrines and beliefs particularly regarding the nation state of Israel and the Jews. It is not a valid interpretive tool because it leads back to the very thing that Jesus came to both resolve, and the misunderstanding cleared up that Israel had. That being that the Messiah would come to restore and fulfill the kingdom of the nation state of Israel.
Ah, so you don't believe what the Bible teaches so plainly.
That there will be a Kingdom on earth as well as in heaven.
That explains a lot.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Yeah, OK. But my point was that this apparently novel idea about how to get 'fresh eyes' on the truths of Scripture and God has been 'done to death' already, and that's why we all have these different theoretical understandings of Scripture. The time is come to have these different understandings slug it out with each other in a battle royale, and we should all agree on who won once it's over. There is Dispensationalism, there is Calvinism (you want to call it 'Reformed' theology OK, but most people know 'Calvinism' and they're basically synonyms), there is Orthodoxy and Catholicism, there are others maybe, but they're all 'panoramic' views of God and Scripture, including 'Christology', 'ecclesiology', 'soteriology', ethics or 'harmatiology', and all the other 'ologies'. They're more-or-less complete theories, they're more than just 'chestnuts' like "you should be good", there's also beefy explanations as to why, and all the different aspects of theology fit together with all the others without conflict.