Bob Enyart changes his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Now that's interesting... Enyart is recanting some of his previously published positions. :think:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Zakath said:
Now that's interesting... Enyart is recanting some of his previously held positions. :think:
Yeah, it's called humility. You ought to try it sometime.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Jefferson said:
Not necessarily. It's also called changing one's position or changing one's mind...

:guitar:

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble..." ;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
Not necessarily. It's also called changing one's position or changing one's mind...

:guitar:

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble..." ;)
A thread like this is a perfect example of why Zakath's reputation has tumbled and deservedly so.

Bob, does what is right and admits publicly that he was in error on a issue and what does Zakath do? Zakath insinuates that there is something wrong with Bob making such an admission! LOL . . . what an ultra knob! :zakath:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Jefferson said:
Hey, I'm willing to cut the man some slack on this: at least he concluded (rightly) that executing someone for witchcraft in this day and age is a ridiculous and barbaric notion.

How he arrived at that conclusion is of secondary importance.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight said:
ABob, does what is right and admits publicly that he was in error on a issue ...
Ahh, so when some people change their minds, it's "doing what is right" and when others do so it's lying... :think:

Sauce for the goose...

BTW, was that you who zapped my rep just now???

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Knight said:
Bob, does what is right and admits publicly that he was in error on a issue and what does Zakath do? Zakath insinuates that there is something wrong with Bob making such an admission!
Well, you know how hard it is for us unbelievers to turn down a chance to take a cheap shot... ;)

beanieboy

If Enyart wasn't worshipped like Jesus, and his articles not quoted like it was the bible, it would be easier to understand that he was wrong, and be done with it. We all change our mind. But people follow him like sheep.

Crow

I'd appreciate it if everyone who isn't discussing the Biblical stance on wicca toddle on off. I'll eliminate any furthur off-topic posts from this thread per my boss's orders.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
If Enyart wasn't worshipped like Jesus, and his articles not quoted like it was the bible,
He isn't, and they aren't.
...it would be easier to understand that he was wrong, and be done with it. We all change our mind. But people follow him like sheep.
:confused: The people you are wrongly accusing of worshipping him aren't the ones who are surprised that he has changed positions on some issues.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
Ahh, so when some people change their minds, it's "doing what is right" and when others do so it's lying... :think:
When someone changes their mind its rarely classified as lying unless of course they were intentionally presenting a falsehood in the first place.

BTW, was that you who zapped my rep just now???
Of course!

Your an idiot! Why shouldn't I zap your rep?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Crow said:
I'd appreciate it if everyone who isn't discussing the Biblical stance on wicca toddle on off. I'll eliminate any furthur off-topic posts from this thread per my boss's orders.

:noid:

Ouch.

Flipper

Nice that Bob can change his mind. Lucky it wasn't his ideal government of the 1990s in power to call the shots or we'd have a whole lot of dead people and bankrupted corporations because of his many forgetful ommissions.

"Nicer than God." Har. As horribly flawed human beings, there's probably a good argument to be made for us to all be "nicer than God" because we lack the alleged attributes of total knowledge and infinite justice. The Theonomists' God can behave like a schmuck because it's his game and he is supposed to know everything that happens in it. But we monkey-people are prone to error and so have to be much more careful. Bob was cavalierly ready to condemn the wrong people to death, all through the 1990s - what a crushing admission of the unbearably high price that supporting the death penalty can bring!

And as regular listeners know, there wouldn't be an appeals process in Enyartopia, or even a slow trial. So Bob's mistakes would have happened quickly and permanently. See why theonomy is a really bad idea?

I note that he's still willing to justify murdering practicing gays, lesbians and bisexuals.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Flipper said:
But we monkey-people are prone to error and so have to be much more careful.

Bob was cavalierly ready to condemn the wrong people to death, all through the 1990s...
I've seen no indication that he was cavalier about it.

what a crushing admission of the unbearably high price that supporting the death penalty can bring!
There is likewise a high price for opposing the death penalty: a crime epidemic.

Flipper

1) What makes you think I'm practicing?

2) Who's whining? I'm just making an observation - a lot of people think that Bob's wrong about that one too. Maybe he'll change his mind again.

3) I own guns.

Justin (Wiccan)

Flipper said:
1) What makes you think I'm practicing?

2) Who's whining? I'm just making an observation - a lot of people think that Bob's wrong about that one too. Maybe he'll change his mind again.

3) I own guns.

Waitasecond, folks ... Crow has already requested that we remain on topic, which is the fate of practicing Wiccans within Enyart's envisioned Theonomic government. Now, if you want to continue this other conversation, I have no problem splitting the thread, or Crow can do so if she prefers, but I would like this thread to stay on topic.

Justin

Flipper

Turbo said:
I've seen no indication that he was cavalier about it.

You might have missed the things he said about Michael Jackson then. And I'm pretty sure he's made jokes about executing people quickly.

Actually on a tangent, I'm not quite sure what the legal biblical strictures are putting a paedophile to death - I suppose if he was attracted to boys then there's the whole levitican thing, but technically speaking I don't think there's a verse of law that would support killing a paedophile who preyed on little girls. Correct me if I'm wrong. That would seem like a weird double standard, if true.

There is likewise a high price for opposing the death penalty: a crime epidemic.

Yeah but the Taliban used to boast that you could leave a bag filled with thousand dollar bills on the road to Kandahar and it would still be there when you came back to get it. But, somehow, people just didn't appreciate their system or want to live under it.

Other countries seem to manage to have low crime rates without requiring any death penalty. How does that fit into your paradigm?

Status
Not open for further replies.