Bob Enyart Got Served?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe he'll call into the show, like a couple of you guys suggested (or he might just be a coward).

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
YOU'RE RIGHT Wamba ...

he might be a coward...

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse, you wrote on there:

Ron Paul essentially supports the right of a state to allow abortion, by making it a states issue to deal with abortion.

Wouldn't it be using the same logic to say:

Alan Keyes essentially supports the right of a nation to allow abortion, by making it a national issue to deal with abortion.

I'm sure that's been pointed out before. I'm just getting tired of that lame line.

Adam

Hall of Fame
Alan Keyes essentially supports the right of a nation to allow abortion, by making it a national issue to deal with abortion.

I'm sure that's been pointed out before. I'm just getting tired of that lame line.
Where does Alan Keyes say that a nation can support abortion? No nation has the right to allow abortion.

Explain yourself.

Mr. 5020

Ron Paul essentially supports the right of a state to allow abortion, by making it a states issue to deal with abortion.

Thank you! :thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
As though it matters. Neither Keyes or Paul has any shot at getting elected in the first place.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Headline: Granite to Post Only About Hillary, Rudy, etc.

Headline: Granite to Post Only About Hillary, Rudy, etc.

As though it matters. Neither Keyes or Paul has any shot at getting elected in the first place.

So Granite, for the rest of your time on TOL, why don't you limit yourself to debating only the ideas of Hillary, Rudy, etc.

Lucky said:

Lucky, good question, but... no. Ron Paul sponsors legislation telling the states that he would mandate the federal government to look the other way, to ignore, to tolerate, any state that legalized abortion. See his two 2007 bills, Sanctity, and We the People. In reality, while the states can be the place to prosecute crime, if a state refuses to prosecute a class of crimes, such as raping women or killing Jews or children, that in and of itself is a crime, and a violation of human rights (rights the constitution was meant to uphold), and the federal government should use its might and authority to stop the state from such criminal negligence and conspiracy.

If a nation legalized the murder of Jews, it would be justified for other nations to use force to stop that state from such systematic criminal actions. It would be wrong to teach that other nations MUST ignore, tolerate, or passively sit by while state-sponsored genocide occurs. This is true with abortion also.

-Bob Enyart

Granite

Hall of Fame
So Granite, for the rest of your time on TOL, why don't you limit yourself to debating only the ideas of Hillary, Rudy, etc.

Lucky, good question, but... no. Ron Paul sponsors legislation telling the states that he would mandate the federal government to look the other way, to ignore, to tolerate, any state that legalized abortion. See his two 2007 bills, Sanctity, and We the People. In reality, while the states can be the place to prosecute crime, if a state refuses to prosecute a class of crimes, such as raping women or killing Jews or children, that in and of itself is a crime, and a violation of human rights (rights the constitution was meant to uphold), and the federal government should use its might and authority to stop the state from such criminal negligence and conspiracy.

If a nation legalized the murder of Jews, it would be justified for other nations to use force to stop that state from such systematic criminal actions. It would be wrong to teach that other nations MUST ignore, tolerate, or passively sit by while state-sponsored genocide occurs. This is true with abortion also.

-Bob Enyart

Uh, what? Neither Hillary or Rudy has my support. It's just a reality: neither Keyes or Paul will get elected, and they're both longshots at best.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

No, it wouldn't. Alan Keyes wants the fed to make it illegal for the entire nation. Ron Paul wants each state to decide for itself whether or not it should be illegal in that state. Paul does not have any plan to make all states criminalize abortion.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Alan Keyes wants the fed to make it illegal for the entire nation.
while Ron Paul wants the states to make it illegal for the entire nation. We are talking about their wants. Obviously, there are practical limits to their well wishing. If the states decide, they can make bad decisions. If left up to the feds, they can stick to their already bad decisions. Realistically, the Prez is not a lawmaker nor a member of legislature, state or federal.

Personally, I like Alan Keyes on the abortion issue. That might be a surprise for those who cannot differentiate between simply pointing out a lame argument and defending whom the argument is directed at.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
while Ron Paul wants the states to make it illegal for the entire nation. We are talking about their wants. Obviously, there are practical limits to their well wishing. If the states decide, they can make bad decisions. If left up to the feds, they can stick to their already bad decisions. Realistically, the Prez is not a lawmaker nor a member of legislature, state or federal.
I know this is true, but I still think it should be a federal issue, and not a state one. If it is a states issue, and a state makes it illegal, then the person who wants one only needs to go to another state. Thus defeating the purpose of making it a states issue. I merely think people need to recognize and understand that.

Now, on the issue of what a President can, and can't do, you're correct. And that is also something people need to recognize and understand. While I like Alan Keyes' stances best, I know that he cannot guarantee that his desires for this country will go into effect if he is elected president. The best he can do is refuse to appoint pro-aborts to the positions to which he appoints people. And things like that.

Personally, I like Alan Keyes on the abortion issue. That might be a surprise for those who cannot differentiate between simply pointing out a lame argument and defending whom the argument is directed at.
I'm not surprised at all. I knew that when you posted your question to me.

Now, I must clarify this, because I want people to understand it. I do not believe in making any law a states issue, because I believe that all laws should be national, and therefore federal.

Granite

Hall of Fame
That's a stretch, but he does make some good observations about Keyes as well. I can't think of a single halfway decent reason to vote for the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.