Bob Enyart's "The Plot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoCrucified

I'd love to order Bob Enyart's The Plot, but unfortunately due to being out of work, I cannot order it right now.

I am really curious about The Plot from little tidbits that Bob has mentioned on his show. It sounds like Bob follows the tree of the knowledge of good and evil from Genesis 2:9 all the way until the "tree of life" is found in Revelation 22:14. Is this correct?

If anyone is interested in discussing this, I'm very interested. Of course, I don't want to get into the very nitty-gritty, because we wouldn't want to hurt Bob's sales of the book. I know he needs to sell these to keep the ministry going.

Link to "The Plot" by Bob Enyart

Link to "The Plot: The Tree" by Bob Enyart

Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: Bob Enyart's "The Plot"

Originally posted by CoCrucified
It sounds like Bob follows the tree of the knowledge of good and evil from Genesis 2:9 all the way until the "tree of life" is found in Revelation 22:14. Is this correct?
No. You're confusing 2 different commercials you've heard. One is for a cassette tape album called, "The Tree" which is part of his verse by verse commentary on Genesis. The other commercial is for The Plot.

The Plot incredibly answers the 10 big theology issues that Christians debate over and he does so with only 1 bible verse. Yep, issues like:
  • Should Christians keep the Old Testament dietary laws
  • Should Chrsitians keep the Sabbath
  • Are good works necessary for salvation
  • Are believers under the law
  • The Rapture - pre-mil, a-mil or post-mil
  • Does God perform miracles and healing today
  • What about unanswered prayer
  • Are tongues for today
  • Is baptism necessary for salvation
  • Can Christians lose their salvation
All those issues answered with only one bible verse!!!

Paradõsis

What a crock.

Luckily, there's still hope that Bob will find his way to the body of Christ through his upbringing as a Catholic.

Goose

Originally posted by Paradõsis
What a crock.

Luckily, there's still hope that Bob will find his way to the body of Christ through his upbringing as a Catholic.
What do you mean by this? Off hand, it sounds like you're saying Catholicism is the Way.

CoCrucified

Re: Re: Bob Enyart's "The Plot"

Originally posted by Jefferson

Just a guess here:
"Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God."
Romans 7:4 (KJV)

CoCrucified

What a crock.

...and, how does Catholic doctrine say one obtains eternal life??? I was raised as a Roman Catholic, and their catechism still says that one is saved through the sacraments of the Roman Catholic Church. Although Pope John Paul II has said Martin Luther was correct in saying we are saved by faith, the official catechism has never been corrected.

FYI, I was as Catholic as anyone can be! I was an Altar Boy, never missed Catechism, regularly participated in the sacraments, planned on studying for the Priesthood, etc., etc. Although Catholics do study the Bible now, the official doctrine still conflicts with Scripture!

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Eph 2:8-9 (KJV)

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."
Isaiah 64:6 (KJV)

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
1 Tim 2:5 (KJV)
Hummm! Why doesn't the above say the mediator is the Pope, Priest, Roman Catholic Church (or any other Church for that matter), Mary, any other Saint, or even a leader from some other denomination??? I wonder! :rolleyes:

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
John 14:6 (NKJV)

Please note that I am NOT saying Roman Catholics are not going to Heaven. I'm just pointing out that current Catholic doctrine is incorrect, and one can only be saved from eternal damnation through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. If I still followed the Catholic Catechism, I'd still be lost in my sins!

Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Re: Bob Enyart's "The Plot"

Originally posted by CoCrucified

Just a guess here:
"Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God."
Romans 7:4 (KJV)
Nope.

Freak

Originally posted by Jefferson

No. You're confusing 2 different commercials you've heard. One is for a cassette tape album called, "The Tree" which is part of his verse by verse commentary on Genesis. The other commercial is for The Plot.

The Plot incredibly answers the 10 big theology issues that Christians debate over and he does so with only 1 bible verse. Yep, issues like:
  • Should Christians keep the Old Testament dietary laws
  • Should Chrsitians keep the Sabbath
  • Are good works necessary for salvation
  • Are believers under the law
  • The Rapture - pre-mil, a-mil or post-mil
  • Does God perform miracles and healing today
  • What about unanswered prayer
  • Are tongues for today
  • Is baptism necessary for salvation
  • Can Christians lose their salvation

And this one verse is????

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Freak

And this one verse is????
...is stated in "The Plot".:D

Freak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bob Enyart's "The Plot"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bob Enyart's "The Plot"

Originally posted by Poly

...is stated in "The Plot".:D

I'm not asking about the Plot, I'm speaking of Scripture. What Scripture verse does he refer to?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by temple 2000
If "The Plot" were "The Plan" it would seem more inviting...as is, it sounds sinister.
You're saying it sounds sinister simply because of it's title? Pretty heavy judgment going on no more than that.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What a crock.

Every now and then the following saying fits perfectly....

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

CoCrucified

Originally posted by temple 2000
If "The Plot" were "The Plan" it would seem more inviting...as is, it sounds sinister.

I know that plot, is as in the plot of a book or story.

This reminds me of how British companies refer to offers/promotions as "schemes." In the USA a scheme is a bad thing.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
While I understand how Enyart uses the word, I think he's enough of a professional communicator to realize he's playing on the populatrity of a book with a similar title "The Passover Plot" that came out a number of years before his book did.

Brother

THE PLOT

THE PLOT

"The Plot" has changed my life. I used to be in torment trying to figure out who was right, which denomination. I could never understand why all of these different denominations confess to serve the same Lord, yet have different beliefs. Until I read "The Plot". Now, it all makes since. The Bible has become more clear. God has become more real to me. I must caution you though. After reading "The Plot", you will want to buy some more of Bob's bible studies. It becomes addicting.

Status
Not open for further replies.