Theology Club: "But I certify you brethren..."

Danoh

I was about to share my thoughts on a passage someone recently said something about, when I found myself hesitating sharing it,...

This; due to a problem I have often noted where anyone sharing with anyone else often raises the following issue, that is just as often, left unresolved...

I often read posts where someone who holds to a view others hold with them, will be allowed by their own to assert a thing that is actually off in some respect, rather than seeking to explore that with them.

I know that I know a lot, and I know that I tend come off as a know it all. It goes with the territory of being so curious about so much, together with when that is shared with others.

And it goes with the territory of being overly zealous in wanting to share it with others.

And it goes with the territory of that ending up being misread by some.

Some will right off conclude "know it all!"

Ironic in that, that; is exactly how those outside Mid-Acts view us - no matter how we approach sharing our understanding.

We can all attest to this fact.

Even more ironic in that this "But I certify you, brethren" is exactly a problem the Apostle Paul often found himself having to defend himself against.

You'd think we'd know better, with our Mid-Acts Mystery key to the universe...

I know that I do not mind when someone points out where I may have been off as I am a learner through and through - I love to learn about how all sorts of things work - including this that I am sharing here.

It is why I know so much. I have learned not to allow looking like I don't know a thing before others to get in my way from learning from and or with anyone.

Does showing such weakness bother me? Yes.

Question then becomes, should I allow it to?

My answer is - Heck NO!"

Just one more distinction we ought to be careful to want to make ours.

Its absence is why the Grace Movement ended up and has remained, not only divided, but so behind in some areas, in the hands of some...

The issue being that of being willing to match one's being "straight about a thing" with others, with allowing them that same grace, in return, Rom. 14:23.

glorydaz

From what I've seen, you have been very good about expressing the fact that there are going to be differences among us and those differences should not stop anyone from sharing with others. In the beginning, I was a bit taken aback...not realizing your style was quite unique. It didn't take me long, though, to see that your heart was good and you were very open to hearing what others said...unafraid to mention where you differed. I like that. Please don't try to be someone you aren't. We have enough of that. :)

Danoh

From what I've seen, you have been very good about expressing the fact that there are going to be differences among us and those differences should not stop anyone from sharing with others. In the beginning, I was a bit taken aback...not realizing your style was quite unique. It didn't take me long, though, to see that your heart was good and you were very open to hearing what others said...unafraid to mention where you differed. I like that. Please don't try to be someone you aren't. We have enough of that. :)

Why, whatever do you mean :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was about to share my thoughts on a passage someone recently said something about, when I found myself hesitating sharing it,...

This; due to a problem I have often noted where anyone sharing with anyone else often raises the following issue, that is just as often, left unresolved...

I often read posts where someone who holds to a view others hold with them, will be allowed by their own to assert a thing that is actually off in some respect, rather than seeking to explore that with them.

I know that I know a lot, and I know that I tend come off as a know it all. It goes with the territory of being so curious about so much, together with when that is shared with others.

And it goes with the territory of being overly zealous in wanting to share it with others.

And it goes with the territory of that ending up being misread by some.

Some will right off conclude "know it all!"

Ironic in that, that; is exactly how those outside Mid-Acts view us - no matter how we approach sharing our understanding.

We can all attest to this fact.

Even more ironic in that this "But I certify you, brethren" is exactly a problem the Apostle Paul often found himself having to defend himself against.

You'd think we'd know better, with our Mid-Acts Mystery key to the universe...

I know that I do not mind when someone points out where I may have been off as I am a learner through and through - I love to learn about how all sorts of things work - including this that I am sharing here.

It is why I know so much. I have learned not to allow looking like I don't know a thing before others to get in my way from learning from and or with anyone.

Does showing such weakness bother me? Yes.

Question then becomes, should I allow it to?

My answer is - Heck NO!"

Just one more distinction we ought to be careful to want to make ours.

Its absence is why the Grace Movement ended up and has remained, not only divided, but so behind in some areas, in the hands of some...

The issue being that of being willing to match one's being "straight about a thing" with others, with allowing them that same grace, in return, Rom. 14:23.
You people that think you know it all are awfully annoying to us that do.
:rotfl:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You people that think you know it all are awfully annoying to us that do.
:rotfl:

i know i know it all, and i get annoyed at the people that say i constantly defend jerry. and i don't need 15 paragraph posts and 2 dozen threads to help others understand things exactly the way i understand them. like some of those annoying folks - :crackup::rotfl:

Danoh

i know i know it all, and i get annoyed at the people that say i constantly defend jerry. and i don't need 15 paragraph posts and 2 dozen threads to help others understand things exactly the way i understand them. like some of those annoying folks - :crackup::rotfl:

Lol, must be why you went against him with October 23, or whatever his handle is - when Jerry was asserting eternal security, Oct was disagreeing with him, and you said to Oct good job.

Pick your battles a bit better, brother.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
you see danoh, things annoy everyone, not bad mostly, just a little maybe. it's not worth mentioning and the good is better than the tiny annoyances. you like words and typing long winded explanations, that's great. not my cup of tea, i never said anything rude or disrespectful. i remember the first time i saw your name and you were new. you are MAD and i liked most of what you said and paid attention to your posts more. lately i have seen many attacks on jerry and i don't disagree with the complaints but the words that you use towards him and others.

more than twice you accused or flat out stated that i teamed up with or defended jerry. i defend anyone that gets attacked by offensive words, and i'm guilty of that angry tone too, but that's when i responded negatively. please don't talk down to me before you give good advice and scripture in the future, or let me "be headed the wrong way" if you choose.

I don't doubt your vast knowledge of Paul's epistles and endless array of links and videos you have for us to enjoy, but i have been here long enough to find my way in the Bible. maybe you underestimate people or go on hearsay a bit. no hard feelings, just keep personal opinions of me and remarks, away from the subject matter if possible -

thanks, pj - :AoO:

Last edited:

glorydaz

Lol, must be why you went against him with October 23, or whatever his handle is - when Jerry was asserting eternal security, Oct was disagreeing with him, and you said to Oct good job.

I think Patrick is trying to see the poster's point, and probably does see a point in there somewhere. I've been known to do that myself...it's because I was a middle child.

glorydaz

you see danoh, things annoy everyone, not bad mostly, just a little maybe. it's not worth mentioning and the good is better than the tiny annoyances. you like words and typing long winded explanations, that's great. not my cup of tea, i never said anything rude or disrespectful. i remember the first time i saw your name and you were new. you are MAD and i liked most of what you said and paid attention to your posts more. lately i have seen many attacks on jerry and i don't disagree with the complaints but your words that use towards him and others.

more than twice you accused or flat out stated that i teamed up with or defended jerry. i defend anyone that gets attacked by offensive words, and i'm guilty of that too, but that's when i responded negatively. please don't talk down to me before you give good advice and scripture in the future, or let me "be headed the wrong way" if you choose.

I don't doubt your vast knowledge of Paul's epistles and endless array of links and videos you have for us to enjoy, but i have been here long enough to find my way in the Bible. maybe you underestimate people or go on hearsay a bit. no hard feelings, just keep personal opinions of me and remarks away from the subject matter if possible -

Hey, are you a middle child? :think:

musterion

*snort*

Danoh

you see danoh, things annoy everyone, not bad mostly, just a little maybe. it's not worth mentioning and the good is better than the tiny annoyances. you like words and typing long winded explanations, that's great. not my cup of tea, i never said anything rude or disrespectful. i remember the first time i saw your name and you were new. you are MAD and i liked most of what you said and paid attention to your posts more. lately i have seen many attacks on jerry and i don't disagree with the complaints but your words that use towards him and others.

more than twice you accused or flat out stated that i teamed up with or defended jerry. i defend anyone that gets attacked by offensive words, and i'm guilty of that too, but that's when i responded negatively. please don't talk down to me before you give good advice and scripture in the future, or let me "be headed the wrong way" if you choose.

I don't doubt your vast knowledge of Paul's epistles and endless array of links and videos you have for us to enjoy, but i have been here long enough to find my way in the Bible. maybe you underestimate people or go on hearsay a bit. no hard feelings, just keep personal opinions of me and remarks away from the subject matter if possible -

No hard feelings on my end either. There never were. I just don't allow myself to be the issue.

Am I tempted to.

You better believe it.

But for something I realized some time ago - who cares if this or "that is for Israel" it if does not solve for "not I, but Christ."

Go through Bryan Ross' great study on the History of the Grace Movement. That principle right there was ever behind whether people were able to get along despite differences, or not.

Mid-Acts is one more pointless doctrine with out that.

Do me a favor, stand up, and give yourself a hug for me.

In the spirit, of Ephesians 4:16, brother.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

see, it's the way you start and finish. don't tell me what battles to pick when they aren't battles. you have been singing to jerry, writing poems, starting threads and wishing him dead, now you're calm and collected. if you want my enormous wisdom raise your hand until i call on you or in fact ignore me as I you -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

btw, OCT23 is a loon, and i read his posts for amusement. he started a thread about jerry and did a stellar job of getting jerry on the defensive, something i never saw you do -