Can a Christian lose their salvation

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
They have responded directly to posts of mine saying they are sinless.
@Gary K: <NO ANSWER>
What am I supposed to do?
My recommendation is that you should seek mental help, as soon as possible.
Call them a liar?
No, you should definitely only call everyone honest, all the time, every time they say something, and simply because they say something.
Deny what they themselves say about themselves?
No, never deny anything anyone says, because it is mean and nasty to do so.

Gary K

Banned
@Gary K: <NO ANSWER>

My recommendation is that you should seek mental help, as soon as possible.

No, you should definitely only call everyone honest, all the time, every time they say something, and simply because they say something.

No, never deny anything anyone says, because it is mean and nasty to do so.
OK. Can you get any more insulting?

Right Divider

Body part
What am I supposed to do? Call them a liar? Deny what they themselves say about themselves?
When someone says something that is 100% false, YES, you can call them a liar.
If someone says that they are sinless, that is 100% false. So you are correct to call that person a liar for saying it.
If someone says that they are a banana, that is 100% false and, again, you can call them a liar for telling that lie.

Gary K

Banned
When someone says something that is 100% false, YES, you can call them a liar.
If someone says that they are sinless, that is 100% false. So you are correct to call that person a liar for saying it.
If someone says that they are a banana, that is 100% false and, again, you can call them a liar for telling that lie.
I disagree to a certain extent. I am not God therefore all I can see is how things appear on the outside. Jesus called the devil a liar and the father of lies but even he did not dispute with the devil He simply quoted scripture to him.

Mat 4:1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
Mat 4:2 And after fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.
Mat 4:3 And the tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread.”
Mat 4:4 But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
Mat 4:5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple
Mat 4:6 and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written, “‘He will command his angels concerning you,’ and “‘On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.’”
Mat 4:7 Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
Mat 4:9 And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.”
Mat 4:10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

Mat 4:1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
Mat 4:2 And after fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.
Mat 4:3 And the tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread.”
Mat 4:4 But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
Mat 4:5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple
Mat 4:6 and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written, “‘He will command his angels concerning you,’ and “‘On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.’”
Mat 4:7 Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
Mat 4:9 And he said to him, “All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.”
Mat 4:10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”

Ruth 4:18-22 Now these are the generations of Pharez: Pharez begat Hezron,
And Hezron begat Ram, and Ram begat Amminadab,
And Amminadab begat Nahshon, and Nahshon begat Salmon,
And Salmon begat Boaz, and Boaz begat Obed,
And Obed begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David.

Right Divider

Body part
I disagree to a certain extent.
Of course you do.
I am not God therefore all I can see is how things appear on the outside.
That is completely irrelevant to what I said.

If someone says that they are a banana, can I not correctly call them a liar? Is there any possibility that they are actually a banana? The same exact fact fits the claim to "be sinless".

Gary K

Banned
Of course you do.

That is completely irrelevant to what I said.

If someone says that they are a banana, can I not correctly call them a liar? Is there any possibility that they are actually a banana? The same exact fact fits the claim to "be sinless".
Is it not more important to stay on their good side so you can reach them rather than alienate them? If you don't care whether or not they are influenced in a positive way by your message then it doesn't matter.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Is it not more important to stay on their good side so you can reach them rather than alienate them? If you don't care whether or not they are influenced in a positive way by your message then it doesn't matter.

What does that have to do with calling someone who's lying a liar?

Gary K

Banned
What does that have to do with calling someone who's lying a liar?
You don't understand that if you consistently abuse people verbally they will tune you out and you will lose any ability to influence them? My life is a prime example of that. My entire family so abused me that they lost any ability to influence me and a great deal of that was verbal abuse.

They not only drove me away from listening to them, they drove me away from God. The consequences of abusing people are really bad not only for the abused but for the abuser too as they end up losing all compassion for their victims.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
You try to pander to unbeliever and yet wonder why you get criticized by believers.

You're a very confused guy.
I don't wonder why I get criticized by people that think like you in the slightest. We think about life from different world views. We're as far apart in our thinking processes as an evolutionist and a creationist.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't wonder why I get criticized by people that think like you in the slightest. We think about life from different world views. We're as far apart in our thinking processes as an evolutionist and a creationist.
You're the evolutionist in this story. Stop with your self-righteous nonsense.

Hoping

Banned
So...back to the OP.
Can a Christian lose their salvation?
The answer is no.
But that only refers to the real Christians.
Plenty of posers out there refer to themselves as Christians, but fall under Paul's Gal 5:19-21 description of those still walking in the "flesh".
People who are walking in the "flesh" will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Gary K

Banned
So...back to the OP.
The answer is no.
Plenty of posers out there refer to themselves as Christians, but fall under Paul's Gal 5:19-21 description of those still walking in the "flesh".
I think that is an unsupportable belief from the Bible. It is full of warnings about sin and the loss of salvation. There is zero evidence in the Bible that we lose our status as free moral agents when we become Christians. Thus we can choose to walk away from God at any time.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Gal 4:8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
Gal 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So...back to the OP.
The answer is no.

In other words, anyone who sins after professing Christ never was a Christian, according to you.

Talk about heresy!

Paul says, in direct denial of what you just said:

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Hoping

Banned
I think that is an unsupportable belief from the Bible. It is full of warnings about sin and the loss of salvation. There is zero evidence in the Bible that we lose our status as free moral agents when we become Christians. Thus we can choose to walk away from God at any time.
Christians, those who have repented of sin and been washed clean by the blood of Christ, use their moral free agency to the glory of God.
More sin indicates they didn't repent of sin to begin with.
They were posers from the start.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Gal 4:8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
Gal 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Thank God for the exhortations and admonissions that can keep us on the narrow path.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
In other words, anyone who sins after professing Christ never was a Christian, according to you.
If they are still serving sin, Jesus said they hate Him...."No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other." (Matt 6:24)
Talk about heresy!
I believe Jesus' words over man's accommodations for sin.
Paul says, in direct denial of what you just said:
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Can sin illustrate our love for God and neighbor ?
Sinners confess sin, not Jesus Christ.
If men believed Jesus Christ, they would never risk the lake of fire promised to those not found in the book of life.
Sinners believe false doctrines that accommodate hate for others.

Gary K

Banned
Christians, those who have repented of sin and been washed clean by the blood of Christ, use their moral free agency to the glory of God.
More sin indicates they didn't repent of sin to begin with.
They were posers from the start.

Thank God for the exhortations and admonissions that can keep us on the narrow path.
No it doesn't demonstrate that. You're now taking the Calvinist position. They believe God makes all spiritual decisions for everyone and if someone chooses to go back to the world it means God never chose them to begin with.

The Bible teaches no such thing as not remaining a Christian means someone was never one to begin with. You will find no scriptural support for that.