Can a Christian lose their salvation

Hoping

Banned
That was not the gospel of the kingdom that Christ called the twelve to preach.
It was the gospel, after His resurrection.
Before that the gospel of the kingdom was preached, telling men that the kingdom was here now, and they were all invited into it..

Hoping

Banned
You have falsely (lied) that some people are trying to "accommodate sin".
They falsely claimed that about Paul too. You're on the wrong team.
Every false doctrine accommodates sin.
Those who teach those doctrines accommodate sin.
I don't recall Paul teaching any doctrine that accommodated sin.
Or of anyone accusing him of doing so.

Right Divider

Body part
You should re-examine your words from post # 801.
Your works will not save you. I stand by that 100%
I have stopped sinning, thanks to the gift of repentance from sin, the gift of water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, and the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Thanks be to God for rebirth from His seed.
You have been bearing false witness repeatedly. That is a SIN. You constantly SIN.

Right Divider

Body part
It was the gospel, after His resurrection.
The day of Pentecost recorded in Acts 2 was after His resurrection. The twelve were still preaching the gospel of the kingdom. They did not know the gospel of the grace of God. Nobody knew what one until God gave it to Paul, many years later.
Before that the gospel of the kingdom was preached, telling men that the kingdom was here now, and they were all invited into it..
Supra

Right Divider

Body part

Hoping

Banned
Your works will not save you. I stand by that 100%
You are correct, if "your works" are circumcision, feast keeping, sabbath keeping, tithing, dietary rules, etc..
But if my works are loving God above anything else and loving my neighbor as myself, you are wrong
Those who don't love God with all their heart, soul, and might, will be lost.
Those who don't love their neighbor as they love themselves will be lost.
You have been bearing false witness repeatedly. That is a SIN. You constantly SIN.
Will liars go to heaven ?
Will thieves and drunks go to heaven ?
Will adulterers, murderers, or rapists go to heaven ?
No.
Paul writes..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Gal 5:19-21)

Right Divider

Body part
You are correct, if "your works" are circumcision, feast keeping, sabbath keeping, tithing, dietary rules, etc..
But if my works are loving God above anything else and loving my neighbor as myself, you are wrong
Nope. Not a single work will save you. Trusting in Christ by faith is required.
Those who don't love God with all their heart, soul, and might, will be lost.
Those who don't love their neighbor as they love themselves will be lost.

Will liars go to heaven ?
Will thieves and drunks go to heaven ?
Will adulterers, murderers, or rapists go to heaven ?
No.
Paul writes..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Gal 5:19-21)
You are doomed because you think that you have you own righteousness before God.
Enjoy the GWT.

Hoping

Banned
The day of Pentecost recorded in Acts 2 was after His resurrection. The twelve were still preaching the gospel of the kingdom. They did not know the gospel of the grace of God. Nobody knew what one until God gave it to Paul, many years later.
Do you have any examples of the twelve preaching of the kingdom after Jesus' resurrection ?

Hoping

Banned
Nope. Not a single work will save you. Trusting in Christ by faith is required.
Can one "trust in God" without loving Him above all else ?
Can one "trust in God" without loving their neighbors as they want to be loved ?
You are doomed because you think that you have you own righteousness before God.
KInda' like Paul in 1 Cor 9:27..."But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."
Is Paul doomed ?
Enjoy the GWT.
I'm "Hoping".

Hoping

Banned
Acts chapter 2
I see this teaching/preaching in Acts 2...
"But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood,
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it."
And...
"Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear."
And...
"Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation."

I see no mention of a kingdom anywhere in Acts 2.

Right Divider

Body part
I see this teaching/preaching in Acts 2...
"But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood,
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it."
And...
"Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear."
And...
"Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation."

I see no mention of a kingdom anywhere in Acts 2.
You're blind. That is all about the kingdom of Israel. Remember that just before this day, Christ had taught them all about the kingdom for FORTY DAYS.

You cannot find the "preaching of the cross" in Acts 2 (i.e., the good news of the cross). A murder accusation is not "good news".

Right Divider

Body part
Can one "trust in God" without loving Him above all else ?
You are SO proud.
Can one "trust in God" without loving their neighbors as they want to be loved ?
You are SO proud.
KInda' like Paul in 1 Cor 9:27..."But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."
Is Paul doomed ?
No, because Paul trusted in Christ and was the first member of the body of Christ.
I highly recommend that you join us before it's too late.
I'm "Hoping".
In vain, since you trust in yourself.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
My conversion to believer, Christianity, lover of God, lover of neighbor, hater of sinfulness, is just one step to an eventual reading of my name from the book of life.
If I go back into sinfulness, my conversion to all of that will be for naught.
I await God's judgement.

You are not a Christian, Hoping.

Repent!