Characteristic of the Church, the Body of Christ !

beloved57

Many today in organized religion, professing christianity believe that the Church, the Body of Christ did not begin until the New Testament times, perhaps after Pentecost. That is a mistake, the Church of Christ, His Body can be traced back to Genesis, particularly Gen 4 25

And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. 26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

The men who called upon the Name of the Lord I believe is the Church of Christ, they who had been faith in the coming seed of the woman, who is the Christ /Messiah who would ultimately take away the sin of the World Jn 1:29. He would bruise the head of the serpent via His victorious death !

This distinctive quality of calling upon the Name of the Lord would Identify them, they had been given Faith by the New Birth.

Lets look at the peole who had been given this faith and quality Abraham Gen 12 7-8

And the Lord appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the Lord, who appeared unto him.

And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Beth-el, and pitched his tent, having Beth-el on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the Lord, and called upon the name of the Lord.

Note: The Seed of Abraham is the Church Gal 3 29

Gen 26 25 Issac

And he builded an altar there, and called upon the name of the Lord, and pitched his tent there: and there Isaac’s servants digged a well.

This trait carried over into the NT by the Church of God 1 Cor 1:1-3

Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother

unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 10 13

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 2 21

and it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved

All who belong to the Church Christ gave Himself for will be caused sooner or later to " Call upon the Name of the Lord" evidencing they are saved or have been saved !

Nanja

Many today in organized religion, professing christianity believe that the Church, the Body of Christ did not begin until the New Testament times, perhaps after Pentecost. That is a mistake, the Church of Christ, His Body can be traced back to Genesis, particularly Gen 4 25

And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. 26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the Lord.

The men who called upon the Name of the Lord I believe is the Church of Christ, they who had been faith in the coming seed of the woman, who is the Christ /Messiah who would ultimately take away the sin of the World Jn 1:29. He would bruise the head of the serpent via His victorious death !

This distinctive quality of calling upon the Name of the Lord would Identify them, they had been given Faith by the New Birth.

Lets look at the peole who had been given this faith and quality Abraham Gen 12 7-8

And the Lord appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the Lord, who appeared unto him.

And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Beth-el, and pitched his tent, having Beth-el on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the Lord, and called upon the name of the Lord.

Gen 26 25 Issac

And he builded an altar there, and called upon the name of the Lord, and pitched his tent there: and there Isaac’s servants digged a well.

Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother

unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 10 13

Acts 2 21

and it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved

All who belong to the Church Christ gave Himself for will be caused sooner or later to " Call upon the Name of the Lord" evidencing they are saved or have been saved !

So true Brother. The Church, the Body of Christ He gave His Life for, beginning with Adam and Eve and all their Spiritual progeny, is composed of God's Elect, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham; and the only portion of humanity that was promised Salvation before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

Hence, calling upon the Name of the Lord is exclusively for them who have been given Faith in New Birth in time. For it's only then that their calling upon His Name pleases God Rom. 8:8-9.

beloved57

So true Brother. The Church, the Body of Christ He gave His Life for, beginning with Adam and Eve and all their Spiritual progeny, is composed of God's Elect, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham; and the only portion of humanity that was promised Salvation before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

Hence, calling upon the Name of the Lord is exclusively for them who have been given Faith in New Birth in time. For it's only then that their calling upon His Name pleases God Rom. 8:8-9.

:first:

Pipiripi

Gen 26 25 Issac

Rom 10 13

Acts 2 21

The characteristic of God church is, Revelation 12:17 and 14:12. Are you one of this person?

Right Divider

Body part
The characteristic of God church is, Revelation 12:17 and 14:12. Are you one of this person?

The book of Revelation has nothing to do with the church which is His body.

The book of Revelation is all about God's relationship with His nation, Israel... and their kingdom on the earth.

The "woman" in Rev 12:17 is ISRAEL.

beloved57

rd

The book of Revelation has nothing to do with the church which is His body.

Absolutely wrong. It certainly has to do with Christ, so therefore His Body the Church, they are One !

marke

Because God is not willing that any should perish
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Because He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked
Ezekiel 33:11
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

God is delighted to save any and all who call on Him for forgiveness and salvation
Romans 10:13

Notice the order: call first and then be saved.

beloved57

Because God is not willing that any should perish
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Because He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

God is delighted to save any and all who call on Him for forgiveness and salvation
Romans 10:13

Notice the order: call first and then be saved.
2 Pet 3:9 is about the elect, so is Rom 10:13

marke

2 Pet 3:9 is about the elect, so is Rom 10:13
You claim that but offer no compelling arguments to support your opinion. Let's ignore 2 Peter 3:9 for now since you seem stuck on your private interpretation of that verse, and go on to something else. What is your interpretation of Ezekiel 33:11?

beloved57

You claim that but offer no compelling arguments to support your opinion. Let's ignore 2 Peter 3:9 for now since you seem stuck on your private interpretation of that verse, and go on to something else. What is your interpretation of Ezekiel 33:11?

God doesnt get pleasure in the death of the wicked, thats speaking about the house of israel, has nothing to do with Eternal Salvation in Christ. The death there is a national death.

marke

God doesnt get pleasure in the death of the wicked, thats speaking about the house of israel, has nothing to do with Eternal Salvation in Christ. The death there is a national death.
So your interpretation of Ezekiel 33 is that God does have pleasure in the eternal burning death of individuals He specifically made to burn at His good pleasure, while having no pleasure in the death of the nations of Israel, or some such nonsense?

DAN P

Gen 26 25 Issac

Rom 10 13

Acts 2 21

And you quote Gen 4:26 that they began TO CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD , so what !!

In Gen 4:26 TO CALL / QARA ! !

In Gen 12:8 , AND CALLED / QARA uses the same HEBREW WORD , !!

In Gen 12:8 CALLED / QARA is in the STEM Qal means to know by experience and the ASPECT , is in the IMPERFECT TENSE , which means that in time they STOPPED calling on the name of the LORD .

Better get another STORY !!

dan p

beloved57

And you quote Gen 4:26 that they began TO CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD , so what !!

In Gen 4:26 TO CALL / QARA ! !

In Gen 12:8 , AND CALLED / QARA uses the same HEBREW WORD , !!

In Gen 12:8 CALLED / QARA is in the STEM Qal means to know by experience and the ASPECT , is in the IMPERFECT TENSE , which means that in time they STOPPED calling on the name of the LORD .

Better get another STORY !!

dan p
lol more showing off !