ECT chi xi stigma

Anapto

It's been several years since I did this study and just wanted to see if it has any legs @ ToL.

This isn't doctrinal, just a little deeper study of "666" or, 600+60+6 = 666 (the number of a 'man') Enjoy!

Significance

chi xi stigma.

Scholars throughout the centuries have always rendered the number as "666," But is it what we‘re supposed to be looking at?
There is another way to see it that, in my opinion, may bring more into focus.

It begs the question, 'What is the wisdom of understanding that the number of a man "666" brings so that we are not deceived by the 'beast’ mentioned in Revelations 13'?

Everything in Rev. chapter 13 leads up to this wisdom of understanding verse 18.

Our Father, through out the scriptures, uses numbers to make a point and to teach. The Hebrew and the Greek languages are much more expressive and pictorial then our English translation’s can give us so I think it’s important to use both and then draw a conclusion knowing all of scripture must align. I’m simply presenting another way that’s saturated in the scriptures.

Example's:
The number two means ‘witness’
Nine means “fruit of the Spirit”
In scripture we know that 40 means ‘probation.’
And that 18 means ‘bondage’
We understand the number seven means ‘completeness’ or ‘healing’
The number 5 means grace.

There are many “bible Mathematics” books on line to learn from and I think we should become knowledgeable enough to edit on our own. This is not “bible code”.

For example, Seven, in the Hebrew means “completeness” but a further study in the scripture shows it to mean “healing” as well and so on.

I do not believe in “bible codes” but I know God uses numbers in the bible to teach.

I have yet to see anyone give an understanding of counting this number chi xi stigma with wisdom behind it that reveals the "man" in question from just the scriptures.

I think the scholars may have been wrong for centuries on what numbers we’re supposed to be gaining wisdom from. i.e. 600+60+6 = 666 -vs- 22 + 14 + 6 = 42 :confused:

To my point...

Revelation 13:18. (KJV)
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding
count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man;
and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

His number, in the Greek, is chi xi stigma

G5516
chi xi stigma
khee xee stig'-ma
The 22nd, 14th and an obsolete letter (G4742 as a cross) of the Greek alphabet (intermediate between the 5th and 6th), used as numbers; denoting respectively 600, 60 and 6; 666 as a numeral: - six hundred threescore and six.

Why would an obsolete letter be used in an important context of wisdom for those who have understanding? Think about that. There is an underlying message to those who "have understanding"

600,60,6 is the Greek letter equivalent (sort of ) for chi xi stigma. But is 600,60,6 (“666”) what we’re supposed to be looking at?

There are notable scriptures that have 600, or 60, or 6 in them such as 1Ki 10:14 etc... but I don't see any foundation of understanding the identification of the 'man' by counting this number. It must mean something else for those who have understanding to gain the wisdom regarding ‘the beast’.

Since the obsolete letter, stigma, is between the fifth and sixth Greek letter, it would still make it the sixth letter. Here is what stigma means…

G4742
From a primary word stizo, (to “stick”, that is, prick); a mark incised or punched (for recognition of ownership), that is, (figuratively) scar of service: - mark.

Is this just coincidence? Of course not!

So we have a ”mark” associated with the number of the beast but we are supposed to gain wisdom by counting the number of the beast and we can't overlook that. If we do we've lost the understanding.

Can we gain any understanding with the Greek word ’count’?

G5585
psephizo
psay-fid'-zo
From G5586 to use pebbles in enumeration, that is, (genitive case) to compute: - count.

Use pebbles to enumerate the number??? So why are we using the Greek letter equivalent of chi xi stigma to enumerate it to 666? Why?

This word comes from the prime of G5585 and gives us a little more info on the pebbles.

G5586
psephos
psay'-fos
From the same as G5584; a pebble (as worn smooth by handling), that is, (by implication of use as a counter or ballot) a verdict (of acquittal) or ticket (of admission); a vote: - stone, voice.

By this definition and the context of the scripture we can discard everything except the implication of counting and that the pebble is worn smooth by handling. Apparently the pebble didn’t start out smooth so it must have taken a long time to wear a pebble (small stone) smooth by handling. This would be rightly dividing the Word as it is written in the Greek.

Here is Bullingers definition of G5585:

psephizo - to count or reckon with psephos (G5586) (small pebbles worn round and smooth by water, ) To reckon, calculate, (just like Lat. Calcular) from calculus.

The implication is to count the number of the beast with pebbles worn smooth by water or by handling. Either way I think it's needed to go back in time to figure out the number of the anthropos (“a man”) which is…

G444
anthropos
anth'-ro-pos
From G435 and o¯ps (the countenance; from G3700); manfaced, that is, a human being: - certain, man.

This doesn’t necessarily mean a mortal man like most think.
Anthropos is also used of angels in the New Testament several times and a kin word in the Hebrew is also used of both man and angels - “ish” in the Hebrew.

Why have scholars over the centuries added up the Greek letter equivalent for chi xi stigma ( 600 + 60 + 6 = 666 ) when we are told to count or reckon with psephos (G5586) (small pebbles worn round and smooth by water ) ?

Enumerate the....

22nd letter
14th letter
6th (Stigma)

...with pebbles worn smooth by water for understanding of the 'beast'

=

?

But, Enumerate the Greek letters as biblical “mathematic” numbers with the Hebrew letters and the numbers they correspond to and you'll come to another interesting conclusion.

Remember, chi xi stigma is the...

22nd letter
14th letter
6th an obsolete letter, stigma, (G4742 as a cross) of the Greek alphabet

All three letter corresponding numbers have meaning with bible numeric.

22 = Light
14 = Salvation or Deliverance
6 = Satans evil, sinful man, sin manifested, man kind, stigma -‘mark’

6, in scripture has these meanings but I’m going to stick with the definition of stigma for now.

One way to look at it…

22 + 14 + 6 = 42

Also interesting is...
The 22nd letter in the Greek is a cross.
The 22nd letter in the Hebrew is a cross.

In Ezekiel 9:4, the ‘MARK’ to the forehead from the inkhorn denotes a cross, the 22 letter in the Hebrew alphabet.

We have a …
6 - ‘Mark’
+ 14 -Salvation or deliverance
+ 22 -Light (cross)

= 42 - 2nd Advent ( with 2 witnesses/candlesticks/olive trees from Rev.11:3-4 )

We have a ‘type’
But we also have an ‘anti-type’

Christ is:
The Light, (As God is the Father of lights)
Our Salvation and Deliverer,
The seal (mark) in the forehead (as a cross) (Rev:7:3 - Rev.22:4)
Christ comes at The 2nd Advent….

Mat 1:17
So all the generations from Abraham to David
Are fourteen generations;
and from David until the carrying away into Babylon
and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ
Are fourteen generations.

The 22nd letter is a 'cross.' Its the "mark" of God’s chosen ones.
And Light, fourteen, is salvation or deliverance of Israel.
Three fourteens = 42

This is not a coincidence either.

42 means Advent in bible numeric.

The first advent was Christ to save because God so loved the world.
The second advent is to separate those who love and keep God’s commandments and the testimony of Christ from those who do not and take the ‘mark of the beast’.

To conclude, all these are of the True Light and Savior at the 2nd Advent, Jesus the Christ our King.

But we also have a False one to come first who will sit in the Holy place claiming to be God, showing and deceiving the whole world that he is God.

No mortal man could pull off claiming to be God, the Father of lights. It must (Will) be a supernatural entity.

Identifying the false one…

2Co 11:13
…For such are false apostles,
deceitful workers,
disguising themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14
And no marvel;
For Satan himself is disguised into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15
Therefore it is no great thing if his (Satans) ministers
also be disguised as the ministers of righteousness;
whose end shall be according to their works.

The ‘man of sin’, the ‘son of perdition’ is identified in 2 Thess.2:9 as Satan.
Verse 4 tells us exactly what he will claim to be….

2Th 2:2
…That ye be not soon shaken in mind,
or be troubled, neither by spirit,
nor by word, nor by letter as from us,
as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means:
for that day shall not come,
except there come a falling away first,
and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God,
or that is worshiped;
so that he (Satan) as God
sitteth in the temple of God,
showing himself that he is God.

So the anti-type is…

The false Light (anti-type) - 22 - cross
Claiming to be God - 14 - Savior - Redeemer.
Beast with 2 horns like a Lamb - (King and Savior)
Deceiving the whole world and working miracles in the sight of man.

If Satan is claiming to be God with the power of Christ
This then is the false advent (anti-type) - 42
And the MARK of the beast (anti-type) - 6

Satan is not a mortal, he is an angel.

Rev 9:11
And they had a king over them,
which is the angel
of the bottomless pit,
whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon,
but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Also notice how our attention is drawn to the Greek as well as the Hebrew. Satan goes by many names in scripture and in Rev.20:1-3 he is connected to the bottomless pit and deceiver of the nations mentioned in Rev. 13. Satan isn’t coming manifested as a man, it’s going to be him in person, disguised as an angel of light, claiming to be God, the Father of lights, claiming to be King of the world and the world his kingdom, claiming the two powers (horn) of the Lamb, Christ, which I believe are King and Savior (with the power to destroy)

There is more to this study.
But read Rev. 13 now with all this in mind.

God bless.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's been several years since I did this study and just wanted to see if it has any legs @ ToL.

This isn't doctrinal, just a little deeper study of "666" or, 600+60+6 = 666 (the number of a 'man') Enjoy!

Significance

chi xi stigma.

Scholars throughout the centuries have always rendered the number as "666," But is it what we‘re supposed to be looking at?
There is another way to see it that, in my opinion, may bring more into focus.

It begs the question, 'What is the wisdom of understanding that the number of a man "666" brings so that we are not deceived by the 'beast’ mentioned in Revelations 13'?

Everything in Rev. chapter 13 leads up to this wisdom of understanding verse 18.

Our Father, through out the scriptures, uses numbers to make a point and to teach. The Hebrew and the Greek languages are much more expressive and pictorial then our English translation’s can give us so I think it’s important to use both and then draw a conclusion knowing all of scripture must align. I’m simply presenting another way that’s saturated in the scriptures.

Example's:
The number two means ‘witness’
Nine means “fruit of the Spirit”
In scripture we know that 40 means ‘probation.’
And that 18 means ‘bondage’
We understand the number seven means ‘completeness’ or ‘healing’
The number 5 means grace.

There are many “bible Mathematics” books on line to learn from and I think we should become knowledgeable enough to edit on our own. This is not “bible code”.

For example, Seven, in the Hebrew means “completeness” but a further study in the scripture shows it to mean “healing” as well and so on.

I do not believe in “bible codes” but I know God uses numbers in the bible to teach.

I have yet to see anyone give an understand of counting this number chi xi stigma with wisdom behind it that reveals the "man" in question from just the scriptures.

I think the scholars may have been wrong for centuries on what numbers we’re supposed to be gaining wisdom from. i.e. 600+60+6 = 666 -vs- 22 + 14 + 6 = 42 :confused:

To my point...

Revelation 13:18. (KJV)
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding
count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man;
and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

His number, in the Greek, is chi xi stigma

G5516
chi xi stigma
khee xee stig'-ma
The 22nd, 14th and an obsolete letter (G4742 as a cross) of the Greek alphabet (intermediate between the 5th and 6th), used as numbers; denoting respectively 600, 60 and 6; 666 as a numeral: - six hundred threescore and six.

Why would an obsolete letter be used in an important context of wisdom for those who have understanding? Think about that. There is an underlying message to those who "have understanding"

600,60,6 is the Greek letter equivalent (sort of ) for chi xi stigma. But is 600,60,6 (“666”) what we’re supposed to be looking at?

There are notable scriptures that have 600, or 60, or 6 in them such as 1Ki 10:14 etc... but I don't see any foundation of understanding the identification of the 'man' by counting this number. It must mean something else for those who have understanding to gain the wisdom regarding ‘the beast’.

Since the obsolete letter, stigma, is between the fifth and sixth Greek letter, it would still make it the sixth letter. Here is what stigma means…

Is this just coincidence? Of course not!

So we have a ”mark” associated with the number of the beast but we are supposed to gain wisdom by counting the number of the beast and we can't overlook that. If we do we've lost the understanding.

Can we gain any understanding with the Greek word ’count’?

G5585
psephizo
psay-fid'-zo
From G5586 to use pebbles in enumeration, that is, (genitive case) to compute: - count.

Use pebbles to enumerate the number??? So why are we using the Greek letter equivalent of chi xi stigma to enumerate it to 666? Why?

This word comes from the prime of G5585 and gives us a little more info on the pebbles.

G5586
psephos
psay'-fos
From the same as G5584; a pebble (as worn smooth by handling), that is, (by implication of use as a counter or ballot) a verdict (of acquittal) or ticket (of admission); a vote: - stone, voice.

By this definition and the context of the scripture we can discard everything except the implication of counting and that the pebble is worn smooth by handling. Apparently the pebble didn’t start out smooth so it must have taken a long time to wear a pebble (small stone) smooth by handling. This would be rightly dividing the Word as it is written in the Greek.

Here is Bullingers definition of G5585:

psephizo - to count or reckon with psephos (G5586) (small pebbles worn round and smooth by water, ) To reckon, calculate, (just like Lat. Calcular) from calculus.

The implication is to count the number of the beast with pebbles worn smooth by water or by handling. Either way I think it's needed to go back in time to figure out the number of the anthropos (“a man”) which is…

This doesn’t necessarily mean a mortal man like most think.
Anthropos is also used of angels in the New Testament several times and a kin word in the Hebrew is also used of both man and angels - “ish” in the Hebrew.

Why have scholars over the centuries added up the Greek letter equivalent for chi xi stigma ( 600 + 60 + 6 = 666 ) when we are told to count or reckon with psephos (G5586) (small pebbles worn round and smooth by water ) ?

Enumerate the....

22nd letter
14th letter
6th (Stigma)

...with pebbles worn smooth by water for understanding of the 'beast'

=

?

But, Enumerate the Greek letters as biblical “mathematic” numbers with the Hebrew letters and the numbers they correspond to and you'll come to another interesting conclusion.

Remember, chi xi stigma is the...

22nd letter
14th letter
6th an obsolete letter, stigma, (G4742 as a cross) of the Greek alphabet

All three letter corresponding numbers have meaning with bible numeric.

22 = Light
14 = Salvation or Deliverance
6 = Satans evil, sinful man, sin manifested, man kind, stigma -‘mark’

6, in scripture has these meanings but I’m going to stick with the definition of stigma for now.

One way to look at it…

22 + 14 + 6 = 42

Also interesting is...
The 22nd letter in the Greek is a cross.
The 22nd letter in the Hebrew is a cross.

In Ezekiel 9:4, the ‘MARK’ to the forehead from the inkhorn denotes a cross, the 22 letter in the Hebrew alphabet.

We have a …
6 - ‘Mark’
+ 14 -Salvation or deliverance
+ 22 -Light (cross)

= 42 - 2nd Advent ( with 2 witnesses/candlesticks/olive trees from Rev.11:3-4 )

We have a ‘type’
But we also have an ‘anti-type’

Christ is:
The Light, (As God is the Father of lights)
Our Salvation and Deliverer,
The seal (mark) in the forehead (as a cross) (Rev:7:3 - Rev.22:4)
Christ comes at The 2nd Advent….

Mat 1:17
So all the generations from Abraham to David
and from David until the carrying away into Babylon
and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ
Are fourteen generations.

The 22nd letter is a 'cross.' Its the "mark" of God’s chosen ones.
And Light, fourteen, is salvation or deliverance of Israel.
Three fourteens = 42

This is not a coincidence either.

42 means Advent in bible numeric.

The first advent was Christ to save because God so loved the world.
The second advent is to separate those who love and keep God’s commandments and the testimony of Christ from those who do not and take the ‘mark of the beast’.

To conclude, all these are of the True Light and Savior at the 2nd Advent, Jesus the Christ our King.

But we also have a False one to come first who will sit in the Holy place claiming to be God, showing and deceiving the whole world that he is God.

No mortal man could pull off claiming to be God, the Father of lights. It must (Will) be a supernatural entity.

Identifying the false one…

2Co 11:13
…For such are false apostles,
deceitful workers,
disguising themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14
And no marvel;
For Satan himself is disguised into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15
Therefore it is no great thing if his (Satans) ministers
also be disguised as the ministers of righteousness;
whose end shall be according to their works.

The ‘man of sin’, the ‘son of perdition’ is identified in 2 Thess.2:9 as Satan.
Verse 4 tells us exactly what he will claim to be….

2Th 2:2
…That ye be not soon shaken in mind,
or be troubled, neither by spirit,
nor by word, nor by letter as from us,
as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means:
for that day shall not come,
except there come a falling away first,
and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God,
or that is worshiped;
so that he (Satan) as God
sitteth in the temple of God,
showing himself that he is God.

So the anti-type is…

The false Light (anti-type) - 22 - cross
Claiming to be God - 14 - Savior - Redeemer.
Beast with 2 horns like a Lamb - (King and Savior)
Deceiving the whole world and working miracles in the sight of man.

If Satan is claiming to be God with the power of Christ
This then is the false advent (anti-type) - 42
And the MARK of the beast (anti-type) - 6

Satan is not a mortal, he is an angel.

Rev 9:11
And they had a king over them,
which is the angel
of the bottomless pit,
whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon,
but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Also notice how our attention is drawn to the Greek as well as the Hebrew. Satan goes by many names in scripture and in Rev.20:1-3 he is connected to the bottomless pit and deceiver of the nations mentioned in Rev. 13. Satan isn’t coming manifested as a man, it’s going to be him in person, disguised as an angel of light, claiming to be God, the Father of lights, claiming to be King of the world and the world his kingdom, claiming the two powers (horn) of the Lamb, Christ, which I believe are King and Savior (with the power to destroy)

There is more to this study.
But read Rev. 13 now with all this in mind.

God bless.

interesting and thought provoking. i like it. i see that in many ways. also, knowing that satan will do these things and knows mankind and deception. satan knows our technologies and weaknesses and could appear from space (prince of the air), for all we know. think futuristic as well as historic. i will stay tuned in - good stuff - :king:

Anapto

Thanks! Provoking thought is the intention.

satan knows our technologies and weaknesses and could appear from space (prince of the air), for all we know. think futuristic as well as historic.

I hadn't thought of the connection of where he'll appear from (space) and "prince of the air" but I agree with that. Cool connection!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks for posting this study, Anapto.

I remember being privileged to study with you when you first brought this up years ago.
It was one of those long studies that left me with the impression that there was certainly something deeper to look at concerning this "number".

I have a few thoughts, but will just mention this for now.

I agree that "count" the number doesn't seem to mean add them up. For it is a single number - 666. In other words, we are already given the total, so no need to add them up.

And it does indeed seem odd that an obsolete letter would be used by John, as there was a letter that was not obsolete that would represent the number 6.
So why did he use the obsolete letter?

I think you may be on to something here.
John must have used the obsolete letter for a specific purpose.
This obsolete letter for the number 6 must have meaning that pertains to the number of the beast that the regular (non-obsolete) letter for 6 couldn't.

Interesting study!
Will be enjoyable to see how many rabbit trails we find along the way.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Adding to my above post ......

This number of the beast is the only place that stigma is used for "six".
Every other place uses hex for "six".

So again, you have to wonder why John purposely used an obsolete letter (stigma).

Anapto

Sissy, I understand what you're saying about no need to add them up and that the end number is singular i.e. 666.

So, It comes from 6, 60, 600 from three Greek equivalent letters (sort of) and the 'calculating' from that is necessary. I'm only trying to clear this up for myself because the same must be of necessity to calculate with 6, (stigma) 14, 22 to come up with a singular end 42. Does that make sense? Because it opens up a singular calculus of the number 42 and puts 42 more in focus which I hadn't thought of yet.

Really interesting comment.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for posting this study, Anapto.

I remember being privileged to study with you when you first brought this up years ago.
It was one of those long studies that left me with the impression that there was certainly something deeper to look at concerning this "number".

I have a few thoughts, but will just mention this for now.

I agree that "count" the number doesn't seem to mean add them up. For it is a single number - 666. In other words, we are already given the total, so no need to add them up.

And it does indeed seem odd that an obsolete letter would be used by John, as there was a letter that was not obsolete that would represent the number 6.
So why did he use the obsolete letter?

I think you may be on to something here.
This obsolete letter for the number 6 must have meaning that pertains to the number of the beast that the regular (non-obsolete) letter for 6 couldn't.

Interesting study!
Will be enjoyable to see how many rabbit trails we find along the way.

- :plain:

Last edited:

Anapto

Agreed.

G4742
From a primary word stizo, (to “stick”, that is, prick); a mark incised or punched (for recognition of ownership), that is, (figuratively) scar of service: - mark.

In a figurative sense, we'd be doing a service so that could mean the 'mark' in the right hand. (the right hand of God is Christ)

Rev 13:16
And he causeth all, both small and great,
rich and poor, free and bond,
to receive a mark in their right hand,
or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17
And that no man might buy or sell,
save he that had the mark,
or the name of the beast,
or the number
of his name.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Drop your weapon . . . . then your gun. i remember your name, for sticking up for grosnik - bad start. i ain't here to "get rep" - consequently, i don't care. i will call out EVERY "Christian", and back them up against the wall. you are on my list. study up. Gros ain't worth my time. little baby johnny, i will expose you. how dare you, refer to yourSELF, as a Saint. if you ever read this, you get both cheeks, John W. - after that, it's all up in the air. Tambora, get off the bandwagon, and take a "position". the days of "cliques", "groups", "clubs", or "friends" - IS OVER - now that YOU KNOW, how can you possibly choose otherwise ? - :plain:

You talk mighty BIG for an, "Other?"

musterion

Interesting thread.

Most interesting part is when lunacy appears to pop out of nowhere, "calling out" folks for no clear reason.

Call me out, PattyJ. Dare you.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
666 is a year
trying to solve the 666 problem is not sufficient
it must be consistent with a reasonable interpretation of the rest of the apocalypse

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agreed.

G4742

In a figurative sense, we'd be doing a service so that could mean the 'mark' in the right hand. (the right hand of God is Christ)

Rev 13:16
And he causeth all, both small and great,
rich and poor, free and bond,
to receive a mark in their right hand,
or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17
And that no man might buy or sell,
save he that had the mark,
or the name of the beast,
or the number
of his name.

Here's a thought ....

If it is talking about one's servitude (as a bondservant), then what is to be calculated about it?

The only other place that the Greek word used for "count" shows up is in:
Luke 14:28-30 KJV
(28) For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
(29) Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
(30) Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.​

Those that "count" will have what is sufficient to complete the task.
Or, to put another way, endure till the end.

So one can count the cost of serving the beast, compared to counting the cost of serving Christ.

Revelation is about enduring.
And Revelation gives us the end result of who all serves who.
(Hint: Servitude to the beast will not be a sufficient service that endures.)

Luke 9:25 KJV
(25) For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

john w

Hall of Fame
Drop your weapon . . . . then your gun. i remember your name, for sticking up for grosnik - bad start. i ain't here to "get rep" - consequently, i don't care. i will call out EVERY "Christian", and back them up against the wall. you are on my list. study up. Gros ain't worth my time. little baby johnny, i will expose you. how dare you, refer to yourSELF, as a Saint. if you ever read this, you get both cheeks, John W. - after that, it's all up in the air. Tambora, get off the bandwagon, and take a "position". the days of "cliques", "groups", "clubs", or "friends" - IS OVER - now that YOU KNOW, how can you possibly choose otherwise ? - :plain:

Real tough gal, aren't you, Janie? "Weez all" shakin' in our boots, toots. Little? Show that pic of your "stature," creme puff. I thought so.

And that is TOL legend saint John W, to you, little gal.

glorydaz

Walid Shoebat says it isn't a number at all and isn't even Greek. It just looks like the Greek letters, but is actually Arabic and any Arab can read it....meaning something like "No God but Allah". I don't know, but I did find it interesting when I watched one of Shoebat's videos.

In fact, he says it is what the Islamists wear on their headbands and on their sleeves (arms).

Anapto

Here's a thought ....

If it is talking about one's servitude (as a bondservant), then what is to be calculated about it?

The only other place that the Greek word used for "count" shows up is in:
Luke 14:28-30 KJV
(28) For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
(29) Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
(30) Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.​

Those that "count" will have what is sufficient to complete the task.
Or, to put another way, endure till the end.

So one can count the cost of serving the beast, compared to counting the cost of serving Christ.

Revelation is about enduring.
And Revelation gives us the end result of who all serves who.
(Hint: Servitude to the beast will not be a sufficient service that endures.)

Luke 9:25 KJV
(25) For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

That parable reminds me of a few things. You can see all of it in 1 Cor. 3:7-17. How we serve, the foundation, the building and reward.

Also the unprofitable servant. He knew the foundation, was given something to build there on, but didn't build on it.

And then the Song of Moses. Something in there.

And for some reason, "But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

Just a quick post, the 'type' and 'anti type' are there. I'll be back in a bit.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Something else to consider.

The beast arises from the bottomless pit.
How did the beast get there in the first place?

Revelation 17:8 KJV
(8) The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.