ECT chi xi stigma

Base12

BANNED
Banned
Here is what stigma means…

G4742
From a primary word stizo, (to “stick”, that is, prick); a mark incised or punched (for recognition of ownership), that is, (figuratively) scar of service: - mark.

A clue may be found here...

Jeremiah 17:1
"The sin of Judah is written with a pen of iron, and with the point of a diamond: it is graven upon the table of their heart, and upon the horns of your altars"

How does one mark something?

With a Diamond tip.

What is Diamond?

Carbon...

6 Protons
6 Neutrons
6 Electrons

What does Carbon look like under a Microscope?

A "HEX"...

http://phys.org/news/2012-09-world-atomic-microscope-chemical-bonds.html

What else "pricks"?

A Sword.

What makes the *IRON* in a Sword sharp?

Carbon... as in Carbon Steel...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_steel

Note that the Carbon 666 tipped "pen" places the mark of *Sin* in the Heart.

Etc. etc. etc.

:sheep:

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's been several years since I did this study and just wanted to see if it has any legs @ ToL.

Since the obsolete letter, stigma, is between the fifth and sixth Greek letter, it would still make it the sixth letter. Here is what stigma means…

G4742
From a primary word stizo, (to “stick”, that is, prick); a mark incised or punched (for recognition of ownership), that is, (figuratively) scar of service: - mark.

God bless.

Good post. Just a small point: the name stigma, I believe, is from the middle ages where this letter was confused with the union mark between sigma and tau. The union mark was slightly smaller than the original letter. As it happens, from the middle ages on, the union mark came to be so associated with the number 6 (even though erroneously) that the number six was later written consistently as ST. The origin of the name stigma appears to be both the similarity of the letter to the S-T union mark and the similarity in sound to the other letter sigma. This usage only would have originated in the middle ages when cursive writing was invented because union marks didn't exist before then (as far as I know). It just so happened that the union mark between sigma and tau was similar to the obsolete letter that by then was only used as the numeral 6.
The original name of the letter was wau or digamma. So I suggest that any play you might make (albeit it was not a pivotal idea in your post) on the meaning of the word stigma is misplaced.

Anapto

Something else to consider.

The beast arises from the bottomless pit.
How did the beast get there in the first place?

Revelation 17:8 KJV
(8) The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Trying to think simplistically here. Can we compare it to the great fixed chasm from Luke 16:26? How did it get there? It's in another dimension we in the flesh can't see. Sort of like God's army here...

2Ki 6:16
And he answered, Fear not:
for they that be with us
are more than they that be with them.
2Ki 6:17
And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee,
open his eyes,
that he may see.

And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man;
and he saw:
and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

It's there, we just can't see it unless God allows us too. When Satan, the 'beast' appears here in the sight of man, it's from that dimension to this one we're in and satan doesn't have the power to 'go back' until all is fulfilled. Something like that.

It kinda goes back to what jane said in post #2 here about 'prince of the power of the 'air'.

Anapto

Good post. Just a small point: the name stigma, I believe, is from the middle ages where this letter was confused with the union mark between sigma and tau. The union mark was slightly smaller than the original letter. As it happens, from the middle ages on, the union mark came to be so associated with the number 6 (even though erroneously) that the number six was later written consistently as ST. The origin of the name stigma appears to be both the similarity of the letter to the S-T union mark and the similarity in sound to the other letter sigma. This usage only would have originated in the middle ages when cursive writing was invented because union marks didn't exist before then (as far as I know). It just so happened that the union mark between sigma and tau was similar to the obsolete letter that by then was only used as the numeral 6.
The original name of the letter was wau or digamma. So I suggest that any play you might make (albeit it was not a pivotal idea in your post) on the meaning of the word stigma is misplaced.

Thanks for sharing.

I think Stigma is more of the service to the beast than it is a scar on the body. Remember, it's all about deception in the last days. In the ancient Hebrew, the 22nd letter Tau (Tawv) is an X (or cross) . The 22 letter in the Greek is also a X (or cross)

Eze 9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Mark:
H8420
תּו
tâv
tawv
From H8427; a mark; by implication a signature: - desire, mark.

chi xi stigma
khee xee stig'-ma
The 22nd, 14th and an obsolete letter (G4742 as a cross) of the Greek alphabet (intermediate between the 5th and 6th), used as numbers; denoting respectively 600, 60 and 6; 666 as a numeral: - six hundred threescore and six.

I just don't think its a coincidence there is a seal in the foreheads of the elect and a mark of the foreheads of the deceived.

The end doesn't really start until...

Rev 7:3
Saying, Hurt not the earth,
neither the sea,
nor the trees,
till we have sealed the servants of our God
in their foreheads.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Trying to think simplistically here. Can we compare it to the great fixed chasm from Luke 16:26? How did it get there? It's in another dimension we in the flesh can't see. Sort of like God's army here...

2Ki 6:16
And he answered, Fear not:
for they that be with us
are more than they that be with them.
2Ki 6:17
And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee,
open his eyes,
that he may see.
And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man;
and he saw:
and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

It's there, we just can't see it unless God allows us too. When Satan, the 'beast' appears here in the sight of man, it's from that dimension to this one we're in and satan doesn't have the power to 'go back' until all is fulfilled. Something like that.

It kinda goes back to what jane said in post #2 here about 'prince of the power of the 'air'.

Thanks, and I like how much you and others on this thread have researched. When I read Revelation, like many, I try to see the symbolizms and possible connections to current technologies and events. Writing from 2000 years ago, describing future events. Knowing that Satan and the Anti-Christ will certainly be "up to date" with ways to decieve us. Including the basic needs of food and water. Life. way off thread topic and "out there" for sure, but we could be "fooled" into making choices that seem so necessary for survival. Maybe smart phones or some other device could be the "Mark". Tons of crazy scenarios can be imagined and/or possible. That's why I enjoy the time and effort you folks have invested looking at numbers and possible connections. Bravo - God Bless

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Time for a s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

Anapto,

If we take the example of "count" in light of Luke 14:28, then we know that counting the cost of following the beast will be lacking, and will not endure to the end.

So why are smooth stones (worn smooth by handling or water) needed?
And how many stones are needed to count with?

I mention this because of the "Stones" study we started years ago.
For those not familiar with that study, we compared the precious stones of Satan (9 of them) in Ezekiel with the 12 stones on the breast plate of the high priest.
After much study, we concluded that Satan was lacking the 3rd row of stones on the breast plate.

The stones on the breastplate were used to communicate with God.
They asked questions, and the stones would give the answer.
How? We are not certain.

Josephus, in his Antiquities of the Jews, says that stones would light up as to correspond to what the answer was.
Don't know how that worked either! :think:
But it was obvious that 12 stones were needed in order to get a reliable answer.

Satan was lacking the 3rd row of stones (3 of the 12 stones).

Could the smooth stones be speaking of the stones representing the 12 tribes?

Base12

BANNED
Banned
we compared the precious stones of Satan (9 of them) in Ezekiel

Lucifer had Ten Precious Stones.

The last one is unique and reveals a Mystery...

Exodus 39:13
"And the fourth row, a beryl, an onyx, and a jasper: they were inclosed in ouches of gold in their inclosings"

Gold is what binds them all together.

What are the Alchemists trying to turn Lead into?

1 Kings 10:14
"Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold"

Money is the root of all evil.

Again... Carbon is 666. We are Carbon based life forms.

Turning Lead into Gold is another way of saying Immortality.

I see no one has mentioned this wonderful clue God has given us...

Revelation 13:15
"And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed"

You guys realize that 666 is related to Transhumanism right?

An "Image" is like a "Carbon" copy. No pun intended.

Humans will be able to create life from scratch. God allows this for a short period of time.

Thus the "Mark" will be a type of "I own you" with regards to new Genetically Engineered Human Species.

When this occurs, the so called "Cashless Society" will base it's monetary system on Genetics.

Why? Because the 'Gold' standard (i.e. money as we now know it) will become obsolete due to High Technology (think Replicators in Star Trek).

mhp-0448.png

Siriusly. Most Christians are "barking" up the wrong "Tree".

mhp-0609.png

Anapto

666 is a year
trying to solve the 666 problem is not sufficient
it must be consistent with a reasonable interpretation of the rest of the apocalypse

But the scripture says it's the number of a "man" (anthropos) which is used of man and/or angel in the N.T. Had it said it was a number of a year you'd be on to something.

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man, and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

We don't have the right or the authority to change this. But figuring out What the 1st beast is and Who the 2nd beast is in Rev. 13, so that those who are alive and remain in the last day's are not deceived, is up for discussion. :)

Anapto

Time for a s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

Anapto,

If we take the example of "count" in light of Luke 14:28, then we know that counting the cost of following the beast will be lacking, and will not endure to the end.

So why are smooth stones (worn smooth by handling or water) needed?
And how many stones are needed to count with?

I mention this because of the "Stones" study we started years ago.
For those not familiar with that study, we compared the precious stones of Satan (9 of them) in Ezekiel with the 12 stones on the breast plate of the high priest.
After much study, we concluded that Satan was lacking the 3rd row of stones on the breast plate.

The stones on the breastplate were used to communicate with God.
They asked questions, and the stones would give the answer.
How? We are not certain.

Josephus, in his Antiquities of the Jews, says that stones would light up as to correspond to what the answer was.
Don't know how that worked either! :think:
But it was obvious that 12 stones were needed in order to get a reliable answer.

Satan was lacking the 3rd row of stones (3 of the 12 stones).

Could the smooth stones be speaking of the stones representing the 12 tribes?

I loved the stones study. Well, of the 12 tribes noted in Rev. 7 are of the sealed of God. But I believe we both agreed that the 'whore' mentioned in Rev. are also of the twelve tribes of Israel and the song of Moses being that witness against them. Here's another thought.

There were two more stones on the breastplate, the Urim and the Thummim. Check out the meanings,

Urim

H217
אוּר
'ûr
oor
From H215; flame, hence (in the plural) the East (as being the region of light - fire, light. See also H224.

So we have light. That fits with the number 22,
22 = Light in bible numeric ( and also a cross i.e. or word stigma) Christ is the light.

Thummim

H8550
תּמּים
tûmmı̂ym
toom-meem'
Plural of H8537; perfections, that is, (technically) one of the epithets of the objects in the high priest’s breastplate as an emblem of complete Truth - Thummim.

Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Light.

To the anti-type...

Rev 13:11
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth;
and he had two horns like a lamb,
and he spake as a dragon.

'Horns' denote Power, so could these two powers satan is claiming to have be Truth and Light? The Urim and the Thummim?

The stones study is still growing! :)

Anapto

Lucifer had Ten Precious Stones.

The last one is unique and reveals a Mystery...

Exodus 39:13
"And the fourth row, a beryl, an onyx, and a jasper: they were inclosed in ouches of gold in their inclosings"

Gold is what binds them all together.

What are the Alchemists trying to turn Lead into?

1 Kings 10:14
"Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold"

Money is the root of all evil.

Again... Carbon is 666. We are Carbon based life forms.

Turning Lead into Gold is another way of saying Immortality.

I see no one has mentioned this wonderful clue God has given us...

Revelation 13:15
"And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed"

You guys realize that 666 is related to Transhumanism right?

An "Image" is like a "Carbon" copy. No pun intended.

Humans will be able to create life from scratch. God allows this for a short period of time.

Thus the "Mark" will be a type of "I own you" with regards to new Genetically Engineered Human Species.

When this occurs, the so called "Cashless Society" will base it's monetary system on Genetics.

Why? Because the 'Gold' standard (i.e. money as we now know it) will become obsolete due to High Technology (think Replicators in Star Trek).

mhp-0448.png

Siriusly. Most Christians are "barking" up the wrong "Tree".

mhp-0609.png

Interesting stuff. Gold isn't a precious stone though, it's a metal. Gold is at the top of the chart when it comes to testing our works.

1Co 3:12
Now if any man build upon this foundation
gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble...

Gold is symbolic of good works.

Also, and I don't mean to seem to be nit picking, being avarice of money is the root of all evil. A thought that comes to mind is, satan ushers in peaceably and prosperously, The exact opposite of what most think the last days will be. It's all about deception.

Dan 11:24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches : yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.