Christian Teacher thoughts on homeschooling

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
OK Mark, I guess you have been sufficiently hazed. What beef do you have with Homeschooling, we can start there.

Mark Tindall

BANNED
Banned
My Christian belief as an Exiled Believer (John Shelby Spong's term) should not by a subject in a discussion on homeschoolling. Try to keep it on topic.

wholearmor

Originally posted by Mark Tindall
I support the concept of homeschooling if done well. Hoever, the lack of professionalism in the movement is a problem. It is thes areas that need to be discussed.

Do you feel the level of professionalism in the public schools is where it should be?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I support the concept of homeschooling if done well. Hoever, the lack of professionalism in the movement is a problem. It is thes areas that need to be discussed.
OK... that's a fair criticism.

Let me ask you something....

In your opinion what is worse?

Poor homeschooling

or.....

Poor public schooling?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My Christian belief as an Exiled Believer (John Shelby Spong's term) should not by a subject in a discussion on homeschoolling. Try to keep it on topic.
OK, but you do realize what a wacky nut Spong is right?

Mark Tindall

BANNED
Banned
How can I post to each reply???? Still figuring on this new fangled technology!!!!

Yes, my wife and I have two basenjis. One female of 12 years and a a young (4 month) male puppy. For tjhose not in tyhe know a basenji is an African hound that does not bark (it howls like a dingo), that preens itself like a cat ...and they can climb trees!

PS excuse any spellng mistakes .....

wholearmor

How can I post to each reply???? Still figuring on this new fangled technology!!!!

Yes, my wife and I have two basenjis. One female of 12 years and a a young (4 month) male puppy. For tjhose not in tyhe know a basenji is an African hound that does not bark (it howls like a dingo), that preens itself like a cat ...and they can climb trees!

PS excuse any spellng mistakes .....

Man oh man...all the attributes of an animal I would hate. I'm glad you're not my neighbor.

Mark Tindall

BANNED
Banned
I think all good education is worthy no matter what the system but any educational system that does not contain good education is unworthy. I have taught in public schools and Christian schools.

So ...yes pubklic schools ahve their fauklts. this is amtter which publkic school teachers critically reflect upon. Unfortunately I have not seen the same level of critical reflection in homeschools.

wholearmor

I think all good education is worthy no matter what the system but any educational system that does not contain good education is unworthy. I have taught in public schools and Christian schools.

So ...yes pubklic schools ahve their fauklts. this is amtter which publkic school teachers critically reflect upon. Unfortunately I have not seen the same level of critical reflection in homeschools.

You're a teacher? :confused: If you turned a paper in to me typed like that you'd get a big, fat, red "F."

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
WA;
Man oh man...all the attributes of an animal I would hate. I'm glad you're not my neighbor.

Billy;
You have a problem with animals that can't spell?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

OK... but that isn't an answer to my question.

In your opinion what is worse?

Poor homeschooling

or.....

Poor public schooling?

wholearmor

Originally posted by BillyBob
WA;

Billy;
You have a problem with animals that can't spell?

:chuckle:

Mark Tindall

BANNED
Banned
Ok ...the spelling is because of the typing ...I don't type well ... that i acknowledge ...also I'm not writing a paper ... I'm discussing ... now and then the fingers will slip on the wrong key ...keep it to the ideas not the character, or the spelling, or the basenjis ...or John Shelby Spong ...though I may probably talk about him and his mentors within the discussion at some point.

wholearmor

Ok ...the spelling is because of the typing ...I don't type well ... that i acknowledge ...also I'm not writing a paper ... I'm discussing ... now and then the fingers will slip on the wrong key ...

When you were a teacher, would you have accepted that excuse from your students that turned in a paper typed like that? If not, are we here at TOL less deserving of well-typed posts?