climate change is a religion and unfalsifiable

marke

We could eat the seals, clubbed or not. Think of all the cow farts it would save.
Lefties don't like cows because they fart and leaders like Obama claim cow farts will destroy human civilization if allowed to continue as they have been.

Derf

Lefties don't like cows because they fart and leaders like Obama claim cow farts will destroy human civilization if allowed to continue as they have been.
Probably because their cow fart models are as accurate as their climate models, so they think the world will soon be swimming in cow farts.

way 2 go

One crisp winter morning in Sweden, a cute little girl named Greta woke up to a perfect world, one in which there were no petroleum products ruining the earth. She tossed aside her cotton sheet and wool blanket and stepped out onto a dirt floor covered with willow bark that had been pulverized with rocks.

“What’s this?” she asked.

“Pulverized willow bark,” replied her fairy godmother.

“What happened to the carpet?” she asked.

“The carpet was nylon, which is made from butadiene and hydrogen cyanide, both made from petroleum,” came the response.

Greta smiled, acknowledging that adjustments are necessary to save the planet, and moved to the sink to brush her teeth where instead of a toothbrush, she found a willow, mangled on one end to expose wood fiber bristles.

“Your old toothbrush?” noted her godmother, “Also nylon.”

“Where’s the water?” asked Greta.

“Down the road in the canal,” replied her godmother, ‘Just make sure you avoid water with cholera in it”

“Why’s there no running water?” Greta asked, becoming a little peevish.

“Well,” said her godmother, who happened to teach engineering at MIT, “Where do we begin?” There followed a long monologue about how sink valves need elastomer seats and how copper pipes contain copper, which has to be mined and how it’s impossible to make all-electric earth-moving equipment with no gear lubrication or tires and how ore has to be smelted to make metal, and that’s tough to do with only electricity as a source of heat, ........

Derf

One crisp winter morning in Sweden, a cute little girl named Greta woke up to a perfect world, one in which there were no petroleum products ruining the earth. She tossed aside her cotton sheet and wool blanket and stepped out onto a dirt floor covered with willow bark that had been pulverized with rocks.

“What’s this?” she asked.

“Pulverized willow bark,” replied her fairy godmother.

“What happened to the carpet?” she asked.

“The carpet was nylon, which is made from butadiene and hydrogen cyanide, both made from petroleum,” came the response.

Greta smiled, acknowledging that adjustments are necessary to save the planet, and moved to the sink to brush her teeth where instead of a toothbrush, she found a willow, mangled on one end to expose wood fiber bristles.

“Your old toothbrush?” noted her godmother, “Also nylon.”

“Where’s the water?” asked Greta.

“Down the road in the canal,” replied her godmother, ‘Just make sure you avoid water with cholera in it”

“Why’s there no running water?” Greta asked, becoming a little peevish.

“Well,” said her godmother, who happened to teach engineering at MIT, “Where do we begin?” There followed a long monologue about how sink valves need elastomer seats and how copper pipes contain copper, which has to be mined and how it’s impossible to make all-electric earth-moving equipment with no gear lubrication or tires and how ore has to be smelted to make metal, and that’s tough to do with only electricity as a source of heat, ........
Then her godmother sat her down at the spinning wheel to make cotton thread which she could then weave on a loom so that she could be ready with the batch of cotton sheets for when the ones she slept in last night would wear out. Hopefully she hadn't waited too long already, since the whole process takes so long. Fortunately her brother had picked the cotton weeks ago, and her other siblings had been ginning it by hand to get the cotton ready for the spinning wheel.

Last edited:

Derf

Why would you want your incandescent bulbs back? LED bulbs are so much better.

Wow, wingnuts really are against progress.
I like LEDs--put them all over my house. And I put LED Christmas lights up, too. I even drive a truck, that are fuel injected, with shift-on-the-fly 4WD. I don't want to go back to horses, as I live 20 miles out of town. I also like my gas stove, and my chainsaw, and my in-floor heat, all powered by fossil fuels that don't fail when it gets too cold or too hot (or too something, for those in CA). I don't want to go back to burning wood to cook my food and heat my house like they've done in Germany.

I like tractors for farmers, so they don't have to plow by horse and reap by hand, because we have 8 billion people to feed. I like nitrogen on the crops so they grow better.

I like trucks that actually exist, even if they use that new stuff they call "deisel", and ships that can make it across the oceans in weeks rather than months, so even little Greta doesn't have to miss her meetings.

I think you see wingnuts through projection. (Oh yeah, I also like projectors much better than cave paintings!)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I like LEDs--put them all over my house. And I put LED Christmas lights up, too. I even drive a truck, that are fuel injected, with shift-on-the-fly 4WD. I don't want to go back to horses, as I live 20 miles out of town. I also like my gas stove, and my chainsaw, and my in-floor heat, all powered by fossil fuels that don't fail when it gets too cold or too hot (or too something, for those in CA). I don't want to go back to burning wood to cook my food and heat my house like they've done in Germany.

I like tractors for farmers, so they don't have to plow by horse and reap by hand, because we have 8 billion people to feed. I like nitrogen on the crops so they grow better.

I like trucks that actually exist, even if they use that new stuff they call "deisel", and ships that can make it across the oceans in weeks rather than months, so even little Greta doesn't have to miss her meetings.

I think you see wingnuts through projection. (Oh yeah, I also like projectors much better than cave paintings!)
I like the quality of incandescent light more than that of LED.

marke

Why would you want your incandescent bulbs back? LED bulbs are so much better.

Wow, wingnuts really are against progress.
LED bulbs are great so we might as well thank democrats for forcing us to get rid of other bulbs the democrat-mandated bulbs replaced.