Climate Change? What Climate Change?

way 2 go

bill gates looks like he is trying not to laugh out loud

72336_hcu66o97jerng7o_full.jpeg

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ

"The Chinese city of Shanghai recorded its highest May temperature in more than 100 years on Monday, hitting a record 36.1 degrees Celsius (nearly 97 degrees Fahrenheit).

The previous record of 35.7 degrees Celsius (96.3 degrees Fahrenheit) was first recorded in May 1876"

So ... is it climate change now, or was it climate change ... then? 147 years ago? Does that work out? Help me I'm confused. I want to be mad at the Republicans ... but I'm not sure how.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

"The Chinese city of Shanghai recorded its highest May temperature in more than 100 years on Monday, hitting a record 36.1 degrees Celsius (nearly 97 degrees Fahrenheit).

The previous record of 35.7 degrees Celsius (96.3 degrees Fahrenheit) was first recorded in May 1876"

So ... is it climate change now, or was it climate change ... then? 147 years ago? Does that work out? Help me I'm confused. I want to be mad at the Republicans ... but I'm not sure how.
Worth noting that the modern thermometer was invented in 1714 and didn't see widespread use for a long time. We're looking at a data set that began, at best, 300 years ago. Coincidentally, about the same time as the industrial revolution.

Idolater

Worth noting that the modern thermometer was invented in 1714 and didn't see widespread use for a long time. We're looking at a data set that began, at best, 300 years ago. Coincidentally, about the same time as the industrial revolution.
So climate change comes in tsunami waves and the first was in the 1870's and the second one is now? Is that what we're saying? That ... doesn't comport with Al Gore's movie.

Idolater

View attachment 9230

Bears repeating

"powerful people don't want to hear that they've made "trillion-dollar mistakes.""

Now include in there not only people who've made poor choices with money and whose reputations could get dinged, but people who've made investments and who are very anxious to earn returns. If the whole premise of their investment is that governments will pour cash into green or climate crisis projects, green or climate crisis projects turn out to be pseudoscientific, then poof there goes their investment.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Bears repeating

"powerful people don't want to hear that they've made "trillion-dollar mistakes.""

Now include in there not only people who've made poor choices with money and whose reputations could get dinged, but people who've made investments and who are very anxious to earn returns. If the whole premise of their investment is that governments will pour cash into green or climate crisis projects, green or climate crisis projects turn out to be pseudoscientific, then poof there goes their investment.
Just like the pharmaceutical industry big science is big business.

Idolater

Just like the pharmaceutical industry big science is big business.
I feel like the judicial department of our government is underutilized. Courts sort facts from fiction on the regular, we need more of that in our society and we've got this organ of government which is specifically commissioned to do it. I know it's pie-in-the-sky and that it would take an act of Congress or a Constitutional amendment but if we could ply our courts to things like supposed climate crises and pharmaceuticals and military industrial complexes and stolen elections ... oh wait, we are doing that last one. Hopefully we'll get some good news out of all that kerfuffle.