climate hockey stick defeated

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Could we make the annoying retarded girl extinct please?

way 2 go

Can you explain this answer using data from the literature?

Gen 7:10 And it happened after seven days that the waters of the flood came into being on the earth.
Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, in the seventeenth day of the month, in this day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of the heavens were opened up.

Gary K

Banned
It either means what it says or it doesn't, but that point is irrelevant. What matters is that global warming does not predict that winter will cease, so it is pointless to claim that Genesis 8:22 contradicts it.

It means the same thing that the ESV says.
Ephesians 3:
20Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

What you're having a problem with is understanding the English language as it was written/spoken almost 300 years ago as the KJV was published in the 1760s. Words/phrases tend to change meanings over time and that is what you're struggling with. The KJV isn't inaccurate, your reading of it is faulty as you struggle with how the meaning of words/phrases change over the centuries. Many people struggle with the verbiage of the KJV. You just use the change in language as an excuse to bash the KJV and create a false narrative. If you were somehow taken back in time to the 1700s you would have a big time problem understanding what was being said to you. That isn't specific to you alone. Most of us would struggle with the language changes, including me at time.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
the "how dare you" one still makes me laugh , but for you I'll try to refrain from using it . :)

Use this:

In August, Chris Cherry, a professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, salvaged a large volume from a stack of vintage journals that a fellow faculty member was about to toss out. He was drawn to a 1966 copy of the industry publication Mining Congress Journal; his father-in-law had been in the industry and he thought it might be an interesting memento. Cherry flipped it open to a passage from James R. Garvey, who was the president of Bituminous Coal Research Inc., a now-defunct coal mining and processing research organization.
“There is evidence that the amount of carbon dioxide in the earth’s atmosphere is increasing rapidly as a result of the combustion of fossil fuels,” wrote Garvey. “If the future rate of increase continues as it is at the present, it has been predicted that, because the CO2 envelope reduces radiation, the temperature of the earth’s atmosphere will increase and that vast changes in the climates of the earth will result.”
“Such changes in temperature will cause melting of the polar icecaps, which, in turn, would result in the inundation of many coastal cities, including New York and London,” he continued.
Source: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/coal...YL0lmNptuiUSzKTJwtAJDmmM-PgQCF9w-eHfK2RCR4IfI

way 2 go

Use this:

In August, Chris Cherry, a professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, salvaged a large volume from a stack of vintage journals that a fellow faculty member was about to toss out. He was drawn to a 1966 copy of the industry publication Mining Congress Journal; his father-in-law had been in the industry and he thought it might be an interesting memento. Cherry flipped it open to a passage from James R. Garvey, who was the president of Bituminous Coal Research Inc., a now-defunct coal mining and processing research organization.
“There is evidence that the amount of carbon dioxide in the earth’s atmosphere is increasing rapidly as a result of the combustion of fossil fuels,” wrote Garvey. “If the future rate of increase continues as it is at the present, it has been predicted that, because the CO2 envelope reduces radiation, the temperature of the earth’s atmosphere will increase and that vast changes in the climates of the earth will result.”
“Such changes in temperature will cause melting of the polar icecaps, which, in turn, would result in the inundation of many coastal cities, including New York and London,” he continued.
Source: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/coal...YL0lmNptuiUSzKTJwtAJDmmM-PgQCF9w-eHfK2RCR4IfI
remember the graph on top is a lie .

mann-ball-graphs.jpg

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
remember the graph on top is a lie .

Speaking of lies...

If you’ve been cruising the denial highway over the past week or so, you may have come to believe that Dr. Michael Mann has lost his defamation lawsuit--the British Columbia court ruled in favor of Canadian Tim Ball and forced Mann to pay Ball’s court costs. Deniers are also claiming that the hockey stick graph, which Mann supposedly refused to release the data for, has now been broken and ruled a fraud...Despite the victory laps from O’Sullivan and the rest, the judge didn’t rule in favor of Ball in the Mann case. Rather, the court dismissed the case on the basis that it has dragged on and been delayed for so long...In a statement responding to the wave of false coverage, Mann clarified that the “Court did not find that any of Ball’s defenses were valid. The Court did not find that any of my claims were *not* valid… The provision in the Court’s order relating to costs does NOT mean that I will pay Ball’s legal fees… In making his application based on delay, Ball effectively told the world he did not want a verdict on the real issues in the lawsuit.”

In reality, the court tossed the case in what appears to be an act of pity for Tim Ball. As a statement from Mann’s lawyer explained, Ball’s request to terminate the lawsuit “relied heavily on his alleged state of health” and because, per Ball’s defense team, his claims are “given no credibility by the average, reasonable reader.” (An assessment bolstered by the fact that in a similar suit, a judge ruled that “a reasonably thoughtful and informed person… is unlikely to place any stock in Dr. Ball’s views.”)

On the health front, the plea to toss the case notes that Ball, born in 1938, “suffered coronary heart failure” in 2017, after “quintuple bypass surgery” ten years prior, in addition to having Type 2 Diabetes. Apparently being old is a defense?

What this all means: no, the court didn’t rule that Mann’s hockey stick was a fraud. And no, it has nothing to do with Mann supposedly refusing to release the data for deniers to double check. Again, Mann took to Twitter to explain that “The ‘Hockey Stick’ data & code are all available & have been for more than a decade,” with a link to the FTP site that’s hosted the data since, by the looks of it, at least 2003.

And for whether or not the hockey stick, showing a rapid increase in temperatures in the modern era, has broken, Mann points out that multiple other teams have come to the same general conclusion.

Far from being a clear win for the deniers, the ruling appears to be more a judgement of the state of Tim Ball: a broken down old man, who’s lucky that no one takes his conspiratorial and accusatory ramblings seriously.

And that’s what his own defense said about him!

Source: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...clares-Victory

Last edited:

way 2 go

If you’ve been cruising the denial highway over the past week or so, you may have come to believe that Dr. Michael Mann has lost his defamation lawsuit-

Michael Mann lost

Full legal costs were awarded to Dr. Ball, the defendant in the case.

"Dr Ball explains that Mann was given almost nine years to prepare for the case. “I’m ready to go any time he wants!” exclaims a defiant Dr Ball.

Ball laments that cowardly Mann is: “now going on the internet saying I’m the one who’s caused the delay. But I will meet him any time and any place he wants! Name it and I’ll be there” scoffs Ball. Indeed, Mann and his shyster lawyer never stop lying and misrepresenting the facts.

“But he’s got a PR campaign going on there now saying that I’m the weasel and the one who won’t face up to the realities, so I’ve just sent an email to my lawyer where we are preparing a response to this to go on the internet explaining what the actual truth is”

Despite his humiliating defeat and bogus assertion he would appeal the decision (he can’t – the deadline has expired), Mann is still threatening lawsuits and making ridiculous climate claims."

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I can easily explain this to you. The article is gigo.

There has only been one mass extinction event in earth's history: the Biblical flood. There will only ever be 2 mass extinction events on earth. The second one will be by fire.

Apparently you did not understand the question. But in any event your "answer" indicates such a basic lack of understanding. I simply do not have the patience.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Tell Greta she can calm down now, turns out we've been battling "global warming" successfuly since 1987:

[h=1]When we saved the ozone layer, we saved ourselves from even worse climate change[/h] [h=2]CFCs didn't just eat the ozone layer, they were also powerful greenhouse gases[/h]

One of the great environmental success stories of the last century was the 1987 Montreal Protocol. And according to new research from Australia, we now know it not only saved the ozone layer, but it also saved us from significant climate change.
"Without [the Montreal Protocol], we would have had at least a quarter more global warming than we have today," climate change researcher Matthew England, told Quirks & Quarks host Bob McDonald.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/dec...lves-from-even-worse-climate-change-1.5391408

kiwimacahau

Tell Greta she can calm down now, turns out we've been battling "global warming" successfuly since 1987:

[h=1]When we saved the ozone layer, we saved ourselves from even worse climate change[/h] [h=2]CFCs didn't just eat the ozone layer, they were also powerful greenhouse gases[/h]

One of the great environmental success stories of the last century was the 1987 Montreal Protocol. And according to new research from Australia, we now know it not only saved the ozone layer, but it also saved us from significant climate change.
"Without [the Montreal Protocol], we would have had at least a quarter more global warming than we have today," climate change researcher Matthew England, told Quirks & Quarks host Bob McDonald.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/dec...lves-from-even-worse-climate-change-1.5391408

That is NOT what that says.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

way 2 go

so that's a yes to the sun controls the climate