Congratulations to you all for being 1 /140

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
. . .th.

Of what keeps TOL brimming with new content. I see there are 140 active members on TOL, that's something the old format didn't do, this one runs an algorithm and it says there are 140 users it considers active. So congratulations for being 1 /140th of what makes TOL a breathing anonymous internet discussion board, instead of a dead /extinct one.

Keep up the good work. ;)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If the smileys worked, I'd post a bunch of dancing bananas

: think :

giphy.gif

Idolater

Yeah the smilie catastrophe is really hitting us hard. I just did the winking smile smilie with the semicolon and closed parenthesis, the forum automatically converted it to a smilie, and smilies doesn't show up, so I look like a :freak:

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Yeah the smilie catastrophe is really hitting us hard. I just did the winking smile smilie with the semicolon and closed parenthesis, the forum automatically converted it to a smilie, and smilies doesn't show up, so I look like a :freak:

Haha, Idolater.

Speaking of the semicolon/closed parenthesis, several days ago (prior to the recent, big TOL changes) I was going to make a light-hearted little post to showcase some of the occurrences of it in the KJV. Some of them (to me, at least) are kind of funny in the inopportuneness of their being (illegitimately, of course) interpreted as winking smilies. One of my favorites was in Ezekiel 16:23 KJV, immediately after the words, "woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord God". It won't do for me to try to display it on here, of course, because, as you noted, it won't show up anyway. 1 Timothy 2:7's instance was pretty funny to me, also, occurring as it does immediately after Paul's words, "I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not"--I mean, hadn't Paul read Proverbs 6:13 KJV? Also, the colon/closed parenthesis combo has a few awkward instances in the KJV, if you interpret it as a smiley. One of my favorites was the one immediately after Moses' words, "I exceedingly fear and quake", in Hebrews 12:21 KJV.

Idolater

Haha, Idolater.

Speaking of the semicolon/closed parenthesis, several days ago (prior to the recent, big TOL changes) I was going to make a light-hearted little post to showcase some of the occurrences of it in the KJV. Some of them (to me, at least) are kind of funny in the inopportuneness of their being (illegitimately, of course) interpreted as winking smilies. One of my favorites was in Ezekiel 16:23 KJV, immediately after the words, "woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord God". It won't do for me to try to display it on here, of course, because, as you noted, it won't show up anyway. 1 Timothy 2:7's instance was pretty funny to me, also, occurring as it does immediately after Paul's words, "I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not"--I mean, hadn't Paul read Proverbs 6:13 KJV? Also, the colon/closed parenthesis combo has a few awkward instances in the KJV, if you interpret it as a smiley. One of my favorites was the one immediately after Moses' words, "I exceedingly fear and quake", in Hebrews 12:21 KJV.
Those are some good ones, I agree. "Woe unto thee" (wink!). lol.
Algorithm says there are 143 of us active users today! Dancing banana +3
Down to 103 and still falling.

Not for nothing, but somehow I was locked out of a thread that I was participating in. It's "private" now. But I still get notified. :plain:

ok doser

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Idolater

Down to 103 and still falling.
100 today. Below 100 actives, has got to be the death rattle for a social media site I'm afraid.

Anyway congrats to all the final 100 survivors here. :cheers: :D

ok doser

100 today. Below 100 actives, has got to be the death rattle for a social media site I'm afraid.

Anyway congrats to all the final 100 survivors here. :cheers: :D

It's always been slow in the summer and this is a weird summer anyway

Idolater

The new software apparently doesn't have the same "actives" counter. But total visitors (including users, plus anybody else) are frequently now in the 20s, sometimes even less.