Connecticut school cancels Muslim speaker after 'threatening' calls to teacher

jaybird

No idea why I would be curious about your punctuation....instead of "confused"?

your making a big deal out of the fact i capitalized the "I" in Islam? i give them the same respect i would expect when someone refers to Christianity. its called lead by example. i think this works better than bombing their citys that are full of women and children.

glorydaz

your making a big deal out of the fact i capitalized the "I" in Islam? i give them the same respect i would expect when someone refers to Christianity. its called lead by example. i think this works better than bombing their citys that are full of women and children.

No, I'm not making a "big deal" out of your capitalizing Islam. Nor am I "confused" about anything.

Why are you being so evasive about something so simple? :chew:

jaybird

No, I'm not making a "big deal" out of your capitalizing Islam. Nor am I "confused" about anything.

Why are you being so evasive about something so simple? :chew:

evasive? i already asked once to explain whats on your mind. how about pretty please with sugar on top, what in the world are you talking about??

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The greatest offense I see in Islam is their mistreatment of women. They force women to be not much higher than slaves, or animals. You see the Muslim men dressed somewhat modern, yet they force the women to dress like they are living in ancient times.

It bet it will b the enlightenment of women, which will put an end to Islam!:mmph:

glorydaz

no sons of the Most High in Islam? or no trinity in Islam?

No capitals at the beginnings of your sentences but plenty of others throughout? :think:

No idea why I would be curious about your punctuation....instead of "confused"?

evasive? i already asked once to explain whats on your mind. how about pretty please with sugar on top, what in the world are you talking about??

You don't have to beg or beat around the bush. You only need to be honest. It's quite clear....

jaybird

anyone here read of the sultan Bayezid II? he was another one of those evil Muslims that lived in the 1400s. when the Christians were killing and burning Jews, stealing their homes and land, and kicking them from their homes, this sultan was sending ships to rescue them and told them they were all welcome in his Muslim kingdom. they were also welcome to continue worshiping as Jews. he saved more than 150,000 Jews from persecution. for some reason i never heard that story when i was in school, i wonder why?

jaybird

Stop the stupid games. Are you really that desperate for attention?

Don't answer....I already know.

your the one that brought all this up, all i been doing is trying to figure out what your talking about. i have aasked you several times and you still wont say.

rexlunae

From the op : “[The] mission is to train Muslim women to inform others about the Islamic faith and to dispel misconceptions that are prevalent in today’s society."

So lets compare apples to apples.

That's the mission statement of the organization she founded, not the purpose of her visit. You should click through to the actual letter. It's quite clear.

Your pastor probably has a commission to spread the gospel, which would be equally inappropriate in a public school. That doesn't mean that he can't be invited to speak in a public school classroom for other reasons.

rexlunae

A pastor teaching about the christian faith to students, not history, is an apple to a muslim teaching islam to students.

Pretend you dont understand.

The purpose of the class is to expose students to an understanding of a variety of different religions, including Islam and Judaism. I don't know specifically if Christianity is in there, but it likely is, and it could be. None of this is an opportunities for proselytizing. Just understanding.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The purpose of the class is to expose students to an understanding of a variety of different religions, including Islam and Judaism. I don't know specifically if Christianity is in there, but it likely is, and it could be. None of this is an opportunities for proselytizing. Just understanding.

Right. You know that how?