ECT Creation of Man

Apoc13maya

So this may be remedial for some but my children and I have been examining the Genesis creation account. In looking at the 5th day God created what appears to be mankind outside of Eden and they seem to be hunters because they are told to subdue the earth and rule over wildlife. Then the creation of Adam then later Eve with a specific intent to be gardeners, as they are told they can eat from all the trees and to work the ground. So then, the question, is it possible to conclude that mankind existed concurrently with the existence of Adam and Eve? Would this also explain why Cain needed a mark of protection and found a wife from neighboring town?

feneluscliff

So this may be remedial for some but my children and I have been examining the Genesis creation account. In looking at the 5th day God created what appears to be mankind outside of Eden and they seem to be hunters because they are told to subdue the earth and rule over wildlife. Then the creation of Adam then later Eve with a specific intent to be gardeners, as they are told they can eat from all the trees and to work the ground. So then, the question, is it possible to conclude that mankind existed concurrently with the existence of Adam and Eve? Would this also explain why Cain needed a mark of protection and found a wife from neighboring town?
Adam and eve were the first two human beings created on planet earth with the grass, fruits trees,grains, and etc they did not hunt the animals. Sin hadn't enter the picture yet and the "fear and dread if you" did not exist Genesis 9;2-3(animals would fear man now, since man had permission to eat them now) . In the genealogy found in genesis 5 women were not mentioned only the birth of male children because they were looking for the promised savior genesis 3;15. In conclusion Cain married his sister? Just like Abraham did; Sarah was his sister.

God's Truth

The Bible says that all living came from Adam and Eve.

Genesis 3:20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

6days

Apoc13maya said:
So this may be remedial for some but my children and I have been examining the Genesis creation account. In looking at the 5th day God created what appears to be mankind outside of Eden and they seem to be hunters because they are told to subdue the earth and rule over wildlife.
Welcome to TOL!

The 5th day...Genesis 1
20Then God said, “Let the waters swarm with fish and other life. Let the skies be filled with birds of every kind.”21So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that scurries and swarms in the water, and every sort of bird—each producing offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good.22Then God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply. Let the fish fill the seas, and let the birds multiply on the earth.”
23And evening passed and morning came, marking the fifth day.

Somewhere there on the 5th day you see human carnivores?

ttruscott

The Bible says that all living came from Adam and Eve.

Genesis 3:20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

Ummm, this could be taken to mean she is the mother of every living thing from viruses to snakes, from wasps up to elephants and whales...

Therefore all cannot mean all!. And who are the living? All people on earth are dead - dead in their sins - except those who are elect and redeemable and who will inherit eternal life but the rest stay in the death of their sin into hell.

So, mother of all living could well refer to being the mother of all the sheep gone astray, mother of all the good but sinful seed, mother of the elect in sin on earth BUT NOT the mother of the demons, the goats or the reprobate tares sown into the world by the devil to do his desires.

Wheat are NOT reborn tares !!!

Matt 13:36-43
good seed are sown by the Son of man
tares are of the wicked one 39 sown by the devil and, as per
Matthew 15:13 …Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up!

Peace, Ted

God's Truth

Ummm, this could be taken to mean she is the mother of every living thing from viruses to snakes, from wasps up to elephants and whales...
No one in their right mind would think that.

Therefore all cannot mean all!. And who are the living? All people on earth are dead - dead in their sins - except those who are elect and redeemable and who will inherit eternal life but the rest stay in the death of their sin into hell.

So, mother of all living could well refer to being the mother of all the sheep gone astray, mother of all the good but sinful seed, mother of the elect in sin on earth BUT NOT the mother of the demons, the goats or the reprobate tares sown into the world by the devil to do his desires.
No, that is you going beyond what is written and going into the dark.
Wheat are NOT reborn tares !!!

Matt 13:36-43
good seed are sown by the Son of man
tares are of the wicked one 39 sown by the devil and, as per
Matthew 15:13 …Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up!

Peace, Ted

The devil did not create devil people.

Just believe the scriptures. The scriptures say Eve is the mother of all living and Adam is the father of all living.

That is about earthly things.

The Son of Man planting good seed is about spiritual things.

The devil planting weeds is about spiritual things.

6days

God's Truth said:
ttruscott said:

No one in their right mind would think that.

Evolutionists come up with strangest arguments in attempts to prove God's Word wrong.

ttruscott

The Son of Man planting good seed is about spiritual things.

The devil planting weeds is about spiritual things.

Riiiight; read the word:

Matt 13:37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the PEOPLE of the kingdom. The weeds are the PEOPLE of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil.

Of course the devil can't create but it is your theology that conception is our creation that misses the mark and forces you to deny the word. Sown never means to create but to move from a place of storage to a place of grow and the proof is that the devil does it also.

You suggest I should "Just believe the scriptures," and then you mangle them like this??? I believe the scripture but your interpretation misses the mark.

Peace, Ted

ttruscott

Oh is that what he is? I have heard others argue that the devil created people. Maybe they were all evolutionists.

If you are talking about me you miss the mark. I am not an evolutionist in the least. I have never argued that the devil created anyone and you cannot point to a post where I even hinted it.

Peace, Ted

God's Truth

Riiiight; read the word:

Matt 13:37 He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the PEOPLE of the kingdom. The weeds are the PEOPLE of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil.

Of course the devil can't create but it is your theology that conception is our creation that misses the mark and forces you to deny the word. Sown never means to create but to move from a place of storage to a place of grow and the proof is that the devil does it also.

You suggest I should "Just believe the scriptures," and then you mangle them like this??? I believe the scripture but your interpretation misses the mark.

Peace, Ted

If you want to change your beliefs to the truth please do so, but do not lie and act as if you were always speaking truth. Do not lie and act as if you were not corrected.

6days

ttruscott said:
*I am not an evolutionist in the least.
Wonderful!!
Just to be sure... you believe the following?
* "For in six days, God created...everything."

* "Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground ...

* "Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man..."

***"Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living"

* Flood waters "rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.

* "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin..."

*"But, at the beginning of creation, God created them male and female..."

* "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son..."

We can accept what each verse plainly says...without reinterpretation or spin?

ttruscott

Wonderful!!

***"Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living"

* Flood waters "rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.

* "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin..."

Yes I believe all these, but should I accept the Jewish spin, the Calvinist spin or the Arminian or Catholic spin, eh?

Spin just means interpretation and there is no sect that does not have its unique interpretation and that is why, when I accept what each verse plainly says...without reinterpretation or spin, I get into hot water for saying the good seed are people and the tares are people and they are sown into the world by the Son of Man and the devil.

Or do you spin these verses?

Peace, Ted

6days

ttruscott said:
6days said:
Wonderful!!

* "Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living"

Yes I believe all these, but should I accept the Jewish spin, the Calvinist spin or the Arminian or Catholic spin, eh?

Perhaps I'm wrong... but your evasive answer seems you are really saying you don't believe those verses. I specifically asked if you accept those verses "without reinterpretation or spin?"

ttruscott

Perhaps I'm wrong... but your evasive answer seems you are really saying you don't believe those verses. I specifically asked if you accept those verses "without reinterpretation or spin?"

And I said there are no verses that are not interpreted. Yes I believe them all, No I do not necessarily believe your interpretation.

Why did you not answer this part: Your answer seem to reinterpreted for you?
I accept what each verse plainly says...without reinterpretation or spin, I get into hot water for saying the good seed are people and the tares are people and they are sown into the world by the Son of Man and the devil.

Tell me what Matt 13:38-39 means with no reinterpretation, eh?

Peace, Ted

6days

ttruscott said:
6days said:
Perhaps I'm wrong... but your evasive answer seems you are really saying you don't believe those verses. I specifically asked if you accept those verses*"without reinterpretation or spin?"
And I said there are no verses that are not interpreted. Yes I believe them all, No I do not necessarily believe your interpretation.
As I thought... you don't believe them, but think they require interpretation. In other words your opinion trumps what God says.*Statements of fact may be true or false... they don't require interpretation. **

ttruscott said:
Tell me what*Matt 13:38-39*means with no reinterpretation, eh?
Parables....prophecy...evidence needs interpretation. Statements of fact require no interpretation.

Evo spin: 'God meant billions of years'

Evo spin: 'God evolved man from other life forms. God did not directly form man.

Evo spin: 'That is just a story to teach a lesson. Women evolved... (And some evo's used to teach that women were not as highly evolved as men, but were better than a dog)

* "Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living"
Evo spin: '[This is just allegorical. ..Eve is not a real person.

Evo spin: 'God meant the flood covered the hills in a local flood

Evo spin: 'This is just allegory ...there has always been death in the world. There has always been evil, pain, suffering and death.

Evo spin: 'Jesus must have meant the beginning of humans. He could not have meant the beginning of *the creation

Evolutionists do not believe God's *statements of fact in each of those verses...and many others. Their 'interpretation' (aka spin) destroys the foundations to the Gospel.

ttruscott

As I thought... you don't believe them, but think they require interpretation. In other words your opinion trumps what God says.*Statements of fact may be true or false... they don't require interpretation. **

Evolutionists do not believe God's *statements of fact in each of those verses...and many others. Their 'interpretation' (aka spin) destroys the foundations to the Gospel.

I don't care what evolutionists think...

ttruscott

Parables....prophecy...evidence needs interpretation. Statements of fact require no interpretation.

Evo spin: 'God meant billions of years'

So which use of yowm, Exodus 20:11 is the statement of fact, please?

DAY: Strong's H3117 - yowm

day, time, year
day (as opposed to night)
day (24 hour period)
as defined by evening and morning in Genesis 1
as a division of time
a working day, a day's journey
days, lifetime (pl.)
time, period (general)
year
temporal references
today
yesterday
tomorrow

No interpretation please - just the statement of fact as to which
English word is to be used for yowm in Exodus 20:11, eh?

Peace, Ted