Criticizing Lawyers, Teachers & Dating

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
Murderers, rapists and kidnappers should be executed.
Thieves should be flogged and made to pay back the losses they inflicted twice over.
Perjurers should face the consequences of what they lied to cover or accuse with.

One judge should be solely responsible for deciding each case. The only appeals should be by the judge to a higher judge.

When people practice justice like this, people learn how to judge.

Agreed.

To incorporate this system today, the learning curve would be difficult given the entrenched machinery we currently have. Growing pains and abuses would be inevitable.
In your opinion, how would we best make the transition?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In your opinion, how would we best make the transition?
It would take a nation to wake up to the consequences its system is producing and to realize that the addition of more laws is no answer to their problems.

The most likely candidate would be a small, well-resourced nation, or perhaps a US state.

It would take a leader willing to implement things that would today never get him elected if used as a platform.

Unfortunately, the wake-up call would probably going have to be something more dramatic than another mass stabbing or a million babies murdered every year.

Or else people could just choose to do right without the shake-up. :up:

I really don't commit to memory the particular positions of people.
You could just read what I plainly write. :up:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You could just read what I plainly write. :up:
I read and answered every point you brought up during the course of our conversation. I didn't read your comments to others, given how busy I was correcting your factual errors and unsupported assertions within that context. Do you want a list of the challenges you left unanswered on point?

If not, I'd say that wraps it up as conversations go and I'll leave you and the stalker to go on with the whole messenger business. :e4e:

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
It would take a nation to wake up to the consequences its system is producing and to realize that the addition of more laws is no answer to their problems.

The most likely candidate would be a small, well-resourced nation, or perhaps a US state.

It would take a leader willing to implement things that would today never get him elected if used as a platform.

Unfortunately, the wake-up call would probably have to be something more dramatic than another mass stabbing or a million babies murdered every year.

Or else people could just choose to do right without the shake-up. :up:
Yes unfortunately, probably this one. :cry:

Shasta

Right after you wake up from that dream you're having. :D

If you're charged you're in trouble. If your neighbor sues you you're in trouble. If you want to preserve your estate from as much damage as the government can make of it and you don't have a really good tax attorney, you're in trouble.

If you believe that innocence is a safeguard against the state's resources when it "mistakenly" believes you did it, that your explanation of your neighbor's unreasonableness can be cleared up against his lawyer's case or that your kids will get something like what's coming to them anyway, you're in trouble.

:e4e:

You might possibly receive justice in court but it will cost more than you have. The problem is the innocent may not have enough money to hire the best lawyers while the guilty might. Even then we are depending upon how the whole theatrical production that is called "the trial" goes.

Shasta

Letting the guilty go is as bad as executing the innocent. Think not? Ask the Goldmans. And, a swift and sure execution of murderers will bring a stop to false convictions.

Deuteronomy 17

11 According to the sentence of the law in which they instruct you, according to the judgment which they tell you, you shall do; you shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left from the sentence which they pronounce upon you. 12 Now the man who acts presumptuously and will not heed the priest who stands to minister there before the Lord your God, or the judge, that man shall die. So you shall put away the evil from Israel. 13 And all the people shall hear and fear, and no longer act presumptuously.

This has nothing to do with the gospel, but about people and government. Then again, we know the lawyer will try to speak against the Lord, if it benefits his client.

Your call for "swift" justice has to be balanced with thorough investigation. I am thinking about all those prisoners who, after being in prison for some time, have been freed since the advent of DNA testing. I am sure swift justice has killed many innocent people.

What do you propose to to in order to ensure the right person is being executed in a shortened prison stay?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you propose to to in order to ensure the right person is being executed in a shortened prison stay?

Learn how to judge well.

The point of the proposed changes is to dramatically reduce the crime rate so that murder becomes rare. When murder is rare and judges are well trained, it becomes infinitely less likely that injustice will occur.

When murder is epidemic, as it has become under the established system, injustice abounds.

Arthur Brain

I wonder if he will have any rational responses this time. :idunno:

Well there's another irony meter blasted into the stratosphere...

You were comprehensively taken apart on a topic by a guy who knows what's he's talking about and which you don't even approach a layman's understanding. You might get a few plaudits from an equally ignorant peanut gallery but that's about it. Cringeworthy...