Curious: How many Denver Bible Church members actually post on TOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm a member there but only in spirit. :D

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Freak
I'm speaking of those who actually attend DBC in body & spirit. :D
Yes, I knew you were.

billygoat

How did I get such great kids??
LIFETIME MEMBER
:jump:
I go to Denver Bible Church. It's one of the few churches I have found that understands and teaches the Bible correctly divided, and is active in fighting the wars in our culture.
Adios or a Dios, to God be the glory.

Freak

Originally posted by billygoat
:jump:
I go to Denver Bible Church. It's one of the few churches I have found that understands and teaches the Bible correctly divided, and is active in fighting the wars in our culture.
Adios or a Dios, to God be the glory.
Welcome. It's taken you a long time to come here, huh? Did you hear about theologyonline.com from DBC?

billygoat

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks. I have been involved in internet/e-mail debates on other forums. I have the scars to prove it. I have found most people very locked in to what they already believe, and my previous experiences were kinda like pounding your head on the wall.

But, I decided to give it another try. I have monitored tol for years, but never jumped in before.

shilohproject

I have the scars to prove it. I have found most people very locked in to what they already believe, and my previous experiences were kinda like pounding your head on the wall.
Open up yourself and you may be suprised at the openness of others.:cool:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Shadowgov

Shadowgov

I receive Bob’s sermons in the mail each month and I have attending DBC before. In fact, I used to protest (abortion, Bill Clinton) with Bob and “ShadowGov” in the late 90s. I have since moved to Minnesota. I sometimes regret moving since there is NO church like Denver Bible church. Not one around here anyway.

Bob also puts out very good Bible studies BTW….

:bannana:

billygoat

LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by shilohproject
Open up yourself and you may be suprised at the openness of others.:cool:

I would like to think so, and that is why I decided to get involved here, even though I spent a couple years debating and discussing The Bible on a different internet forum with mixed results, to put it nicely. It was a Calvinist forum, and I am not a Calvinist, so it was like 200 againt 1, or at least it seemed like it.

But when you mention other's openness, I find when you get to theology, the folks that take the time to debate what they believe are pretty closed. But, that is a generality, and there are some who are open, which once again is why I jumped in here.

Thank you for the encouragement!

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But when you mention other's openness, I find when you get to theology, the folks that take the time to debate what they believe are pretty closed. But, that is a generality...
That's a good point. One of the things I like about these forums is that even if you are debating someone who is completely stubborn, the debates can be read by countless others who don't have as much invested into a particular position. I think any time there is a debate, members of the audience are more likely to be swayed than the participants.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Turbo
I think any time there is a debate, members of the audience are more likely to be swayed than the participants.
Agreed. Audience members ego's aren't involved so they can read with an objective mind.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo
I think any time there is a debate, members of the audience are more likely to be swayed than the participants.
Absolutely:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.