Davis signs Cross-Dressing Bill

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://www.savecalifornia.com/press/newsreleases/release.cfm?nrid=PR030804A

AB 196 will fine businesses and Boy Scout Councils $150,000 for not hiring cross-dressers and transsexuals

Sacramento - California Governor Gray Davis has signed landmark legislation punishing people who disagree with transsexuality. Under the cover of signing the budget bill over the weekend, Davis quietly signed AB 196, which puts anything-goes definition of "gender: into the state's civil rights law. Under AB 196 "gender" means "identity, appearance, or behavior, whether or not that identity, appearance, or behavior is different from that traditionally associated with sex at birth" - in other words, transsexuality, cross-dressing, etc.

"By signing this awful bill to empower transsexuals to hurt everybody else, Governor Gray Davis has earned his recall," said Randy Thomasson, executive director of Campaign for California Families, a statewide, nonprofit, nonpartisan family issues leadership organization. "This is the last straw for Californians who are already steaming mad about our out-of-control liberal government. Gray Davis is running more jobs and businesses out of the state."

Like the previous bills, AB 196 would unleash the police power of the state against persons of conscience who disagree with transsexuality. According to the state Government Code, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing has virtually unrestrained power to 1) use an office in the state, 2) appoint attorneys and investigators, 3) utilize the services of all government departments and agencies, 4) rescind rules and regulations, 5) issue subpoenas, 6) administer oaths, 7) issue written interrogatories, 8) petition the courts to compel testimony, 9) issue and prosecute accusation, and 10) issue fines up to $150,000 without a trial.

Everytime I read any news from the state of California, it makes me so glad I left there four and a half years ago. This new law would definitely have convinced my husband to leave that state.

Everytime I turn around, I hear about the democrats bending over backwards for homosexuals, transsexuals, and other "special interest groups." My democrat friends just say, "Republicans do the same thing." Maybe there are special interest groups for the republicans. But, at least they're less likely to pass a law that is so repugnant to the majority of their constituents.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Wouldn't it be nice if a simple recall repealed all his laws too?

I just wonder though, since he knows he is on the outs, if this is only the beginning of these types of last minute efforts on the part of homos...

philosophizer

Re: Davis signs Cross-Dressing Bill

Originally posted by ebenz47037
Everytime I turn around, I hear about the democrats bending over backwards for homosexuals, transsexuals, and other "special interest groups."

Which way are they bending over? :rolleyes:

This law is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I still don't understand how any particular group will get more able to stand on its feet by increasing government involvment. Seems to me like it just breeds dependancy.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Davis signs Cross-Dressing Bill

Re: Re: Davis signs Cross-Dressing Bill

Originally posted by philosophizer
Which way are they bending over? :rolleyes:

This law is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I still don't understand how any particular group will get more able to stand on its feet by increasing government involvment. Seems to me like it just breeds dependancy.

I was being somewhat polite, philosophizer. :)

I know what you mean about the law, though. I could see it coming six years ago when everyone was talking about getting another democrat in the office of governor in CA. Democrats in CA do not want people to stand on their own two feet. They want people to depend on the government.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by billwald
Latest report says Caalifornia is a third aliens - and they all vote Democrat. <G>

:chuckle: You're pretty much right on that one.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by One Eyed Jack
Um... how come aliens can vote, anyway?

Well, I don't know why they can. But, I know why they vote democrat. After Proposition 197 was passed, the democrats and the California Supreme Court decided that the voters didn't know what they were thinking. So, they said that Prop. 197 was unconstitutional. Then, they allowed welfare benefits to illegal aliens. And, before this latest fiasco, the big news was that Gov. Davis was trying to get Congress to pass a law that allowed illegals to get California driver's licenses.

nomik

AB 196

AB 196

This is outrageous the "BOY SCOUTS " need to stick to there guns I'll be praying for GODs protection over the "BOY SCOUTS" & other organization like them & I believe all Christians need to support & pray for them. . .Haven't they heard GOD made WOMAN for MAN not MAN for MAN

Heino

Here is the actual text of the bill from http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/asm/ab_0151-0200/ab_196_cfa_20030716_141606_sen_floor.html, the government of California's website.

ANALYSIS : Existing law, FEHA, prohibits employment and
housing discrimination based on sex and sexual orientation,
as well as race, religion, color, national origin,
ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, or age, as those terms are
defined.

Existing law defines prohibited acts of discrimination to
include the firing of or refusal to hire an individual
based on the individual's sex, harassing an individual
based on their sex, refusing to sell or rent housing to an
individual based on their sex, and setting terms of lending
for an individual based on their sex.

Existing law defines "sex" as including, but not limited
to, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to
pregnancy or childbirth, and "sexual orientation" as
heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality.

Existing law defines "gender," for purposes of the hate
crimes statutes prohibiting violence against another or to
interfere with another's exercise of civil rights, as the
victim's actual sex or the defendant's perception of the
victim's sex, and includes the defendant's perception of
the victim's identity, appearance, or behavior, whether or
not that identity, appearance or behavior is different from
that traditionally associated with the victim's sex at
birth.

This bill provides that for the purposes of FEHA, the term
"sex" shall include a person's gender, as that term is
defined in Penal Code Section 422.76.

This bill permits an employer to require an employee to
adhere to reasonable workplace appearance, grooming and
dress standards not precluded by state or federal law,
provided the employee is allowed to appear or dress
consistently with the employee's gender identity.

philosophizer

Gender identity isn't something that needs to be worked out in one's consciousness. It is something that is completely physically apparent. One can choose to not accept what is physically apparent and mentally opt otherwise, but such a choice will only cause problems for that person.

wholearmor

I wonder what the California sports teams are going to look like in the near future? I can't wait to see Betty Bonds step up to the plate in her tutu and leotard.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
"This bill permits an employer to require an employee to
consistently with the employee's gender identity."

Will this be long dresses, short dresses or will the "dress standard" be dictated by fashion trends? :D

philosophizer

Originally posted by Nineveh
"This bill permits an employer to require an employee to
consistently with the employee's gender identity."

Will this be long dresses, short dresses or will the "dress standard" be dictated by fashion trends? :D

Of course, when the employer tries to tell the gender-identity-confused employee what a proper dress code should be, he'll probably get slapped with sexual harassment or some other frivolous you-infringed-my-rights lawsuit.

wholearmor

My cousin owns an auto body shop in Martinez, CA. I could just see a body repair technician crawling under a car in his dress.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Well, now, that seems to imply we need another law to make the work environment more conductive to the "dress code".

How in the world could a mechanic stuff a prom dress into Carhartts?

: snickering:

wholearmor

Originally posted by Nineveh
Well, now, that seems to imply we need another law to make the work environment more conductive to the "dress code".

How in the world could a mechanic stuff a prom dress into Carhartts?

: snickering:

:chuckle:

brother Willi

I think I hear the toilet flushin.

If a guy wants to eat doggy doo doo in a dress and high heels.
fine and dandy, do it in your house.
It's between them and God.
But don't make it a law that me and my family need to see it.