ECT Daystar Apr 28 overlaps many of these topics

Interplanner

LET THE LION ROAR
2014 docudrama

Early defining figures of the church and their actions determine church identity

7pm EST DAYSTAR (DirecTV 369)

I will prob just discuss it here as I don't do 'docudrama' scripts.

Interplanner

7th: it would also help if the "narrator" would define the reformation but at least now we know he was a mainstream Protestant British minister to start and got his 'vision' in the late 1980s.

The summary line on the cable guide indicated the program would be about the early church; well, forget that--for now.

14th: great that the writer knows that anti-semitism is not essential to the Reformation, although tinged it

Interplanner

16th: in the Luther remarks, the narrator is referring to the Catholic church about the Jews. Luther tried to stay in the Catholic church as long as possible.

18th: the writer thinks the church is not the focus of God's purpose. I think the writer is just figuring out that there appears to be 2 programs in the Bible, but is only at the beginning of his search.

Interplanner

20th: the Israel of God is both Jew and Gentile. The writer doesn't seem to know this. How do you exclude someone from the blessings of Christ when Christ is the blessing? Hopefully the writing will become more intelligent.

23rd: Jerome, Hilary (Pontiff), Chrysostom, Augustine are all quoted as making horrible anti-semitic statements.

Interplanner

24th: I hope the narrator lightens up. It's a distraction.

Here we go on the Replacement theology roller-coaster.

26th: Calvin was right. There is no exception clause about national basis for salvation. That's why it is in Christ and by faith and can include everyone. I don't see where we are getting ahead with this writer.

Interplanner

32nd: the line between Reformation and Auschwitz is much less direct than from Darwin and Lyell to it. The information is really lacking here.

35th: after his 3 'witnesses' he might want to cancel the Reformation, not complete it.

Interplanner

37th: oh, the writer is affirming that real believers are in Israel. interesting. Hopefully he sorts this out. He thinks the nation of Israel is what needs to root the church.

40th: now its "Jewishness" that is the jugular vein of the church, instead of Christ. The writing is now accusing the church of NOT going the the Gentiles, so it is really getting confusing.

Interplanner

41st: I really can't imagine anyone being drawn to this teacher or teaching.

43rd: The exegesis is getting worse by the minute.

Funny how the guy knows nothing of the destruction of the nation in the 1st century or any of the warnings or references about that.

Interplanner

45th: so what is the Root of the Lie?

Well there is nothing that hinges on Israel the nation that will make the church strong. We now have the most impact in media than we have ever had since the expression 'mass media' started.

48th: grafted into Israel or grafted into the "Tree"? He's putting way too much power on Israel. He's missing so much history that its hard to take him seriously.

Interplanner

50th: the premise of 'solving' this problem is that there are 3 different groups. There aren't.

52nd: I hope these guys have read Gal 3 and Acts 13 and Eph 2!

Interplanner

54th: Israel the nation is said to be the light to the nations, instead of Christ and his message. If there are good preachers in Israel, that's great (I don't know of any). More power to them, but otherwise these 5 people don't know what the NT said.

56th: funny that he would think he is helping the kingdom of God with his vision.

Not a smile or a joke from the guy. Lots of ambiguities and loss of meaning. Very little NT background or thoughts on these things.

Last edited:

Interplanner

I guess you lost your mind :idunno:

I was making notes on a 'docu-drama' on Daystar and it was just a cheap-o treatment of Israel-based futurism. Some graphic work was interesting, and there are always good historic notes, but the theological work was about as bad as it gets.

So was the social comment. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Questions?

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I was making notes on a 'docu-drama' on Daystar and it was just a cheap-o treatment of Israel-based futurism. Some graphic work was interesting, and there are always good historic notes, but the theological work was about as bad as it gets.

Questions?

See if any other members care. Otherwise, you are just taking up space

Interplanner

as the title thread says, it overlapped most of these epics. Israel, race, nation, replacement theology, end times, anti-semitism, etc.

But the conclusions are all wrong and the NT is missing.

Do you care?

Interplanner

Does it matter to get as worked up as JohnW over in 'How Was Paul's Message Different?' but then find out you are actually missing what the NT says? Maybe all the stress and anger and vulgarity is for naught?