Dept. of Justice, hundreds of GOPs and Corporations ask SCOTUS to legalize SSM

GFR7

Well, that is your claim.
It is empirical fact, and future studies will prove this (just as all the 1980s claims that divorce doesn't harm children was later debunked by expert research)> It will be proven that the gay marriage movement was on the wrong side of history.

TracerBullet

i don't think blacks fighting for their right to vote would appreciate being compared to filthy perverts whining for their "right" to engage in their filthy perversions

“Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood.

We are all tied together in a single garment of destiny…I can never be what I ought to be until you are allowed to be what you ought to be,” she said, quoting her husband. “I’ve always felt that homophobic attitudes and policies were unjust and unworthy of a free society and must be opposed by all Americans who believe in democracy.”

Gays and lesbians stood up for civil rights in Montgomery, Selma, in Albany, Ga. and St. Augustine, Fla., and many other campaigns of the Civil Rights Movement,” she said. “Many of these courageous men and women were fighting for my freedom at a time when they could find few voices for their own, and I salute their contributions.

For too long, our nation has tolerated the insidious form of discrimination against this group of Americans, who have worked as hard as any other group, paid their taxes like everyone else, and yet have been denied equal protection under the law…I believe that freedom and justice cannot be parceled out in pieces to suit political convenience. My husband, Martin Luther King, Jr. said, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” On another occasion he said, “I have worked too long and hard against segregated public accommodations to end up segregating my moral concern. Justice is indivisible.” Like Martin, I don’t believe you can stand for freedom for one group of people and deny it to others."
-Coretta Scott King

Coretta Scott King’s strong and clear voice for freedom and equal

zoo22

National News:

In amicus briefs sent to the US Supreme Court, hundreds of GOP leaders and pundits, (including SE Cupp and Rudy Guliani) huge corporations like Amazon, Facebook, Ebay, and Bank of America, and the US Department of Justice all urge the Supreme Court to legalize gay marriage nationwide.

Equality Is Good for Business
Hundreds of corporations tell the Supreme Court to ditch gay marriage bans.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...preme-court-gay-marriage-is-good-for-business

Yeah, I think most folks here at TOL who are so vocally anti-homosexual are boycotting those companies. What with their sincerely held religious beliefs and their integrity and whatnot.

quip

BANNED
Banned
i don't think blacks fighting for their right to vote would appreciate being compared to filthy perverts whining for their "right" to engage in their filthy perversions

Their "right" is not the filthy perversions - they'll do those anyway - rather its the right to do their filthy perversions while legally married....just like you do! :noway:

TracerBullet

.....rights for perverts goes contrary to God's will

and she'll have to answer for it when she stands before the judgement throne

Racists said the same thing a generation ago...Some still are.
There is no difference between racists and homophobes

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Racists said the same thing a generation ago...Some still are.
There is no difference between racists and homophobes

the difference is choice - people don't get to choose the color of their skin

perverts make the choice to act on their perverted desires

:think:

do you choose to be a retard?

GFR7

Yeah, I think most folks here at TOL who are so vocally anti-homosexual are boycotting those companies. What with their sincerely held religious beliefs and their integrity and whatnot.
I doubt it. And I doubt it would make any difference.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
It was the "blacks" who were treated as if they were "filthy" on that bridge in Sellma - now the target may have changed, but bigotry is still alive and well in America!

GFR7

It was the "blacks" who were treated as if they were "filthy" on that bridge in Sellma - now the target may have changed, but bigotry is still alive and well in America!
The target may not have changed. I think gays are doing better than many blacks.

TracerBullet

The target may not have changed. I think gays are doing better than many blacks.

Define better.

Just looking here - there are no threads here on TOL calling for the reintroduction of slavery or the rescinding of civil rights. Non-white posters are not accused of abusing children. It isn't allowed for others toss around the N word or to call blacks horrific bigoted names but it is just fine and generally approved of to call gays any sick hateful name. No one posts that the struggle for racial equality a "fad". No one posts false claims about African Americans and promiscuity or child abuse or life expectancy.

GFR7

Define better.

Just looking here - there are no threads here on TOL calling for the reintroduction of slavery or the rescinding of civil rights. Non-white posters are not accused of abusing children. It isn't allowed for others toss around the N word or to call blacks horrific bigoted names but it is just fine and generally approved of to call gays any sick hateful name. No one posts that the struggle for racial equality a "fad". No one posts false claims about African Americans and promiscuity or child abuse or life expectancy.
I understand this, yes. But I myself am not calling for any cruel measures, just for the brakes to be applied within a movement whose emphasis is too often sexual.

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Define better.

Conservatives are a touch slow in reaction to change. Give them about 30 years to assimilate homosexual marriage within the status quo. They won't only accept it....they'll champion it against johnny-come-lately detractors; an exemplar of free American choice and melting pot diversity. :5020: