Different Stuff

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
A thread for stuff that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

This is a Muay Thai fight between Rodtang Jitmuangnon (asian guy) and Sergio Wielzen (black guy). Sergio has heart that just won't quit, but Rodtang is a machine.

ok doser

These are guys who fight in the flyweight and super flyweight and almost no weight at all classes. They're about 5 ft 6 and weigh 125.

I'm reminded of the line from Fight Club - skinny guys fight till they're burger

Gary K

Banned
I'm confused. Why do all these nations who use metric measurements still measure time in English units? I would think they would use metrics. They should use something like cetieons, millieons, microeons, decaeons, etc....

Gary K

Banned
I'm confused. Why do all these nations who use metric measurements still measure time in English units? I would think they would use metrics. They should use something like cetieons, millieons, microeons, decaeons, etc....
I thought, OK, that I'd get a little revenge on you for my mistaking your tongue-in-cheek sarcasm on another thread. Good to see it worked. :D

ok doser

I thought, OK, that I'd get a little revenge on you for my mistaking your tongue-in-cheek sarcasm on another thread. Good to see it worked. :D
I was trying to find a video clip of Dan Aykroyd promoting the Decabet, the 10 character "metric" alphabet. Looks like SNL still has tight copyright control on their content, at least in video form.

Back when SNL still did comedy

IMG_20220508_081959.jpg

Last edited:

ok doser

Bad day at work

Hydraulic fluid line sprung a leak spraying high pressure flammable hydraulic fluid on the 900 degree aluminum billet being extruded in the press and ...

Hoping

Banned
Bad day at work

Hydraulic fluid line sprung a leak spraying high pressure flammable hydraulic fluid on the 900 degree aluminum billet being extruded in the press and ...

Did you have a halon fire management system?
Or can you fight that sort of fire with water?

ok doser

Perfectly uniform beveled cut. I always wondered how they did this in the field.

ok doser

I had an opportunity to run one of these many years ago when I was taking a blacksmithing course. It was even scarier in person. Massive machinery. The vibrations coming off the machine itself were visceral, and the vibrations from the hammer hitting the work on the anvil were even more so.

I still want one of my own. 😁

marke