D'ist Drones Drop Dead!

Epoisses

Sure there are problems...everywhere all the time. Hiding one's head in the sand can keep the extraneous noise down a couple of notches.

But coming onto a theology board (which is why we can't use profanity, ahem!) and getting upset that some posters are going to hell for whatever reason isn't a reason to get one's boxers in a bunch. That's why we're COMMANDED to share the Truth in Love. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God...and the OT prophets were stoned and killed for that Word.

What makes you think anything has changed?

I guess I'm trying to figure out why you're so upset. Upset enough to want to swear?

???

Is swearing a sin?

theophilus

An aside:

No human being can have ALL TRUTH.

Christians can all have ONE GOAL but since we're all different we're going to get to that goal (by the power of the Holy Spirit) by as many different paths as there are personalities.

There will be detours, set-backs, train-wrecks, storms, derailments, glitches, etc...but God has all day (literally a thousand years) so why would you rush grace?

The Spirit of God takes His time with me because I'm damaged goods since age 3. He is also very gentle with me and I need that. Trust takes time even with the Creator of all things. There really is no time-line on how long it takes to "cook" a mature Christian.

We all have our own paths and mine is not the same as yours is the same as somebody else's.

Do you understand?

So don't get mad. Love folks for what is lovable in them. That's a lot harder to do than hating someone for their differences. We're all one big humanity where there is nothing new under the sun. We serve a BIG God Who is still in the salvation "business" and He will always get whoever He wants.

Always has, always will.

:)

theophilus

Is swearing a sin?

Matt. 5:34 But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35 or by the earth, for it is the footstool of His feet, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor shall you make an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 But let your statement be, ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no’; anything beyond these is of evil.

James 5:12 But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath; but your yes is to be yes, and your no, no, so that you may not fall under judgment.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

James 1:26 If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless.

Luke 6:45 The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

Eph. 5:4 and there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.

...and many more.

You think profanity and swearing are sin?

I say "yes" especially if they cause a brother or another to stumble.

And if we are accountable for every idle word, how are going to explain cussing and fussing to Holy God?

heir

TOL Subscriber
It's the stupid retards who parrot their sectarian hogwash that bring the real levity. The only reason I come here is so I can feel better about myself. I didn't end up like you!

I hope you end up like me!

saved 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV
sealed 2 Corinthians 1:22 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:19 KJV
blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Ephesians 1:3 KJV

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sure there are problems...everywhere all the time. Hiding one's head in the sand can keep the extraneous noise down a couple of notches.

But coming onto a theology board (which is why we can't use profanity, ahem!) and getting upset that some posters are going to hell for whatever reason isn't a reason to get one's boxers in a bunch. That's why we're COMMANDED to share the Truth in Love. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God...and the OT prophets were stoned and killed for that Word.

What makes you think anything has changed?

I guess I'm trying to figure out why you're so upset. Upset enough to want to swear?

???

EPO has said he hates Dispensationalists. He even started a thread about his HATE.

Epoisses

You really have to work on the foul things you say or you'll continue to get yourself banned.

You need to acknowledge your unbelief and hatred for the pure gospel of Christ. God is not one to mess around with and Paul did say that those who pervert the gospel commit the highest sin. I'm just here to help you my unbelieving buddy. Can I get a hug?