Do Atheist Really Exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalom

Atheists definitely exist. I saw one in the woods when I was camping. I tried to get close but she scampered off.

Hmmmm... If an atheist falls to his death in a forest and no one is there to see it, then did it ever really happen? :D

Although completely illogical little boogers(the atheists), yes I do believe they exist.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Can I ask you, how do you think we came to be?
The Big Bang or from the sea? I am just curious.
I am not out to attach you, I am just trying to understand.
I don't know about anybody else, but I came from my parents.

Anything beyond that is pretty irrelevant.

kafir

I think that people without the true God, are still looking for HIM.
but have been lead down the wrong path, and they don't take the time to question or research.
Look at the Catholics they worship the Pope and pray to Mary.
The Mormons have their own Bible not the Bible of God.

You ask me if I am an atheist to them and feel empty, of course not..
I pray for them to find the truth.
It is hard for us to admit when we are wrong but God will welcome us.
I will pray for you that you find your way.

Can I ask you, how do you think we came to be?
The Big Bang or from the sea? I am just curious.
I am not out to attach you, I am just trying to understand.

I wasn't asking if you were an atheist with respect to all those other beliefs. I was stating a fact: you are an atheist with respect to them, as surely as I am an atheist with respect to yours. Yet you do not feel empty, because you feel you know the truth.

This is how I feel. I once walked in your shoes, and Prisca's. If you or a Catholic or a Mormon wants to label himself a Christian, I will not argue. It's how they want to be identified, and I respect that. So when I explain that I was once a devout evangelical Christian, that statement should not be dismissed lightly. We are all on a journey from somewhere to somewhere else. You have passed through your stages, I have passed through mine.

How do I think we came to be? That is another journey. The Big Bang and the Sea aren't the whole story, though they certainly played their parts. So did the Rift Valley of eastern Africa. We're constantly learning more, and modifying ideas that we once thought were ironclad.

Maybe there is a place for God in that story. Maybe God caused the big bang. Maybe God tweaked some DNA here and there. Maybe God works in the quantum mechanical processes that to us appear to have an inaccessible uncertainty. Who knows.

I do know though (as surely as I "know" anything) that God did not zap the universe into existence ten thousand years ago, with all its light beams just the right distance from us, and all the Earth's fossil strata just so, and all its radioisotopes in just the perfect ratios, to give the deceptive illusion of extreme age. And God did not cause a global flood that wiped out all life on the earth except for the animals and six people that were on board one boat. Toward that god, I am most assuredly an atheist.

If God does work in our world, it is very subtle -- as subtle as completely random chance. In fact, it might as well be random chance. And if that's the case, I'm not going to spend a great deal of effort trying to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.