Theology Club: Do This in Rememberence of Me.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 11

" For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”

What do you MAD people think about the Lord's Supper?

Is this something you celebrate?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I guess it would be safe to say that the "MAD" section of this forum is not exactly on fire at this point in time.

To put it mildly.

I hear crickets chirping.

DAN P

1 Corinthians 11

" For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”

What do you MAD people think about the Lord's Supper?

Is this something you celebrate?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

Hi , and we celebrate it once a month !!

We do NOT celebrate Matt 26:26-29 as verses 17 is a Jewish feast day of Unleavened bread and not for the Body of Christ !!

dan p

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Hi , and we celebrate it once a month !!

We do NOT celebrate Matt 26:26-29 as verses 17 is a Jewish feast day of Unleavened bread and not for the Body of Christ !!

dan p

I don't really get that. You say you celebrate it once a month, but you don't celebrate it because it's a Jewish feast day?

DAN P

I don't really get that. You say you celebrate it once a month, but you don't celebrate it because it's a Jewish feast day?

Hi , and Matt 26:26-29 is all Jewish , an Feast Day of Unleavened Bread .

1Cor 11:25-34 is ONLY for the Body of Christ , period !!

The Unworth keeping of 1 Cor 11:30 could bring death or sickness !!

dan p

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I guess it would be safe to say that the "MAD" section of this forum is not exactly on fire at this point in time.

To put it mildly.

I hear crickets chirping.
That's because DAN P just keeps posting new threads and shows no interest in letting others do so. Most of the threads in this section were started by him, and that makes other people not want to be involved, because it's boring reading multiple threads from the same person on the same subject.

As much as I agree with MAD I refuse to read threads begun by DAN P, or Robert Pate, because every thread they start is on the same subject. Neither of them seems interested in anything else, and they come across as trolls.

Now, to answer your question; we should always remember what He did for us, and this is one way we can commemorate and celebrate it, together.

Of course, most churches these days don't do it the way it was done when Jesus spoke those words. And how often do they do it around the anniversary of the Last Supper/Crucifixion/Resurrection?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Now, to answer your question; we should always remember what He did for us, and this is one way we can commemorate and celebrate it, together.

Of course, most churches these days don't do it the way it was done when Jesus spoke those words. And how often do they do it around the anniversary of the Last Supper/Crucifixion/Resurrection?

Agreed.

DAN P

That's because DAN P just keeps posting new threads and shows no interest in letting others do so. Most of the threads in this section were started by him, and that makes other people not want to be involved, because it's boring reading multiple threads from the same person on the same subject.

As much as I agree with MAD I refuse to read threads begun by DAN P, or Robert Pate, because every thread they start is on the same subject. Neither of them seems interested in anything else, and they come across as trolls.
?

Hi , and I started these OP , not many replied nor started any OP .

I will stop any further OP'S since you have said I am BORING to you and IF you had a better answer , why not refute what was written , or ARE you just Jealous ??

It seem that you are just a WHINER !!

Just have Knight kick me off , why don't you ??

I did not know that I had that much influence that would cause anyone from posting !!

How are these OP the same ??

God have MERCY ??

DAN P

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hi , and I started these OP , not many replied nor started any OP .

I will stop any further OP'S since you have said I am BORING to you and IF you had a better answer , why not refute what was written , or ARE you just Jealous ??
Why would I refute something with which I agree? And what do I have to be jealous of?

It seem that you are just a WHINER !!
I just think you need to slow down and give other people a chance to engage in, and start, discussions.

Just have Knight kick me off , why don't you ??
I might be friends with him, but he wouldn't do that even if I wanted him to. You haven't broken any rules, and in case you missed it, I don't want him to kick you off.

I did not know that I had that much influence that would cause anyone from posting !!
When you keep starting threads on the same essential subject, multiple times a week, or day, people tend to not want to engage you; especially when you post multiple times within the same thread before anyone else has.

How are these OP the same ??
I didn't say they were the same, I said they're on the same subject. If you started threads on other subjects as well then it wouldn't be an issue.

Also, you don't seem to engage in threads on any other subject. If you posted in the OV forum, even if it was just in the threads already there, that would go a long way toward engendering discussion in your other threads.

DAN P

Lighthouse; When you keep starting threads on the same essential subject said:
And this sub-forum was to be on DISPENSTIONALISM , RIGHT !!

I am looking to see what you will OP , NEXT , other than causing an ATTACK on Dispensationalism when you say that we are agreed , and call me BORING !!

As , I see that many are at least reading what I wrote !!

Let's see what you got it takes and put it is writing with an OP , instead of causing DISSENSION , for it is OBVIOUS you want a fight !!

You are the one that is calling me and Robert Pate , TROLLS !!

This is my late word on this subject and I am wondering by your attack , what kind of Dispensationalist you REALLY ARE !!

I GUESS that you are the ISSUE POLICE , RIGHT !!

dan p

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
And this sub-forum was to be on DISPENSTIONALISM , RIGHT !!
Irrelevant. My point is that you have cluttered this sub-forum with threads of your own, to the point where the majority of the threads posted in within the past 48 hours in here are yours, and yet you have not begun a thread in any other sub-forum since this one began; not to mention you never started any threads on any other subject prior to the creation of this sub-forum.

I am looking to see what you will OP , NEXT , other than causing an ATTACK on Dispensationalism when you say that we are agreed , and call me BORING !!
I don't start that many threads, and I don't attack that with which I agree.

And just because someone agrees with you doesn't mean they aren't going to get bored when you won't talk about anything else.

As , I see that many are at least reading what I wrote !!
Are they responding? If not then they may be skipping over what you wrote when they realize it's the same subject, once again.

Let's see what you got it takes and put it is writing with an OP , instead of causing DISSENSION , for it is OBVIOUS you want a fight !!
What dissension have I caused? And I'm not even remotely looking for a fight; I just want you to change the station.

You are the one that is calling me and Robert Pate , TROLLS !!
No I didn't. I said that you come across as a troll, which is a simile wherein I am not stating that you are a thing, but rather that you can appear to be because you exhibit the behavior as such: starting multiple threads on the same general subject, usually many a day; responding to your own threads multiple times when no one else has yet; not engaging much with those who do respond to you; barely engaging in threads others have started; not engaging in any threads on other subjects, let alone not starting any threads on any other subject.

You're almost as bad as TruthSetsFree, or chrysostom during an election year.

This is my late word on this subject and I am wondering by your attack , what kind of Dispensationalist you REALLY ARE !!
Acts 9; the dispensation of the grace of God, given unto Paul: the Apostle to the Gentiles.

I GUESS that you are the ISSUE POLICE , RIGHT !!
The what?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And? Is 1 Cor 11:30 still true or not?

People do it all the time and nothing happens. To do so would be sin, and that issue was dealt with. Grace was extended to gentiles to make Israel jealous.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When you partook unworthily in the past, were you alive in Christ or dead in your sin?

To do so would be sin, and that issue was dealt with. I was reconciled before I had his life. All people were. He has reconciled the world to himself. Yes, those that do not receieve his life will die twice, but he is not imputing sins. I realize you have shown not to be a Bible believer, so I am not going to post the verses this time. You just don't care what it says.

Doormat

To do so would be sin, and that issue was dealt with.

How did you partake unworthily if you were a believer? How did you not discern the body of Christ if you were a believer?

Yes, those that do not receieve his life will die twice, but he is not imputing sins.

You are mistaken.

Hebrews 9:27 "...it is appointed for men to die once..."

Believe the scripture.

I realize you have shown not to be a Bible believer ...

Where? Prove it, false accuser.

It's interesting that you think you get to be in Christ while failing to discern His body and partaking unworthily, but you think I'm not in Christ because I don't believe in the cessation of spiritual gifts like you.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Yes, those that do not receieve his life will die twice, but he is not imputing sins.

Wrong! just as Nick states, the judgement is the second death for the unbeliever.

Rev. 21:6 He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give freely to him who is thirsty from the spring of the water of life.
Rev. 21:7 He who overcomes, I will give him these things. I will be his God, and he will be my son.
Rev. 21:8 But for the cowardly, unbelieving, sinners, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers,a idolaters, and all liars, their part is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How did you partake unworthily if you were a believer?

I didn't believe the gospel when I did it.

I believe that. But most will die twice. The free gift is offered to all, not all are reconciled because they would rather shake their fist at him.

you think I'm not in Christ because I don't believe in the cessation of spiritual gifts like you.

It is what you confess that I know you are false.