• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Does anyone believe in Evolution anymore?

Arthur Brain

Ah, I knew you'd enjoy it. I just used your hero, Barbarian's own favored formula. Would you like me to use it again?
He was never my hero or any other poster on this joint for that matter. Why you respond to him after he's been banned and won't return is anyone's guess but that's the way here.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
He was never my hero or any other poster on this joint for that matter.

Really? Whyever not?

Why you respond to him after he's been banned and won't return is anyone's guess but that's the way here.

I continued to reply with criticism to his pompous stupidities even after he had put me on "ignore" and considered himself somehow triumphant in doing so, so what difference should his having since been banned from TOL make to me? If I nowadays find stuff he's written and I feel like replying to it with criticism, that's what I'm going to do; and he's no less capable of defending his stupidities now that he's banned than he was before he ever even had me on "ignore".

Arthur Brain

Really? Whyever not?

I continued to reply with criticism to his pompous stupidities even after he had put me on "ignore" and considered himself somehow triumphant in doing so, so what difference should his having since been banned from TOL make to me? If I nowadays find stuff he's written and I feel like replying to it with criticism, that's what I'm going to do; and he's no less capable of defending his stupidities now that he's banned than he was before he ever even had me on "ignore".
Because I don't make idols of folk on internet platforms.

Until RD bumped this thread it had been nigh on three years before anyone had posted on it. Responding with "criticism" requires rather more than juvenile "retard" garbage and Barb was eminently capable of responding to inanity like that.

7djengo7

Because I don't make idols of folk on internet platforms.

Well, you're definitely thinking straight insofar as Barbarian is not one of your heroes. I mean, how could you look up to someone like Barbarian who is so weak that he has to put people on "ignore" whom even you, yourself, have not needed to put on "ignore"?

Until RD bumped this thread it had been nigh on three years before anyone had posted on it.

How much do we owe you for that interesting factoid?

Responding with "criticism" requires rather more than juvenile "retard" garbage

Does it require saying "wingnut" and "bat crazy" a lot?

and Barb was eminently capable of responding to inanity like that.

As you learned, his eminence's capability consisted merely of knowing how to put his critics on "ignore". Would you like me to show you how to put your hero's critics on "ignore"?

Arthur Brain

Well, you're definitely thinking straight insofar as Barbarian is not one of your heroes. I mean, how could you look up to someone like Barbarian who is so weak that he has to put people on "ignore" whom even you, yourself, have not needed to put on "ignore"?

How much do we owe you for that interesting factoid?

Does it require saying "wingnut" and "bat crazy" a lot?

As you learned, his eminence's capability consisted merely of knowing how to put his critics on "ignore". Would you like me to show you how to put your hero's critics on "ignore"?
Well, he sure seemed to get under your skin that you're still wound up about the guy.

Nothing, it was for free! :D

Not necessarily but those epithets for the far right are somewhat apt given the amount of off the wall crazy associated...

Wow, Barb sure did get to you didn't he? Let it go man.

7djengo7

Well, he sure seemed to get under your skin that you're still wound up about the guy.

You'll know when I'm wound up about someone or something when I start mindlessly calling people "wingnut" and "bat crazy".

Nothing, it was for free! :D

And worth every penny!

Not necessarily but those epithets for the far right

By "epithets" I take it you mean pejoratives. And since that phrase you like to parrot, "the far right," is itself a pejorative, to whom are you referring by it?

are somewhat apt given the amount of off the wall crazy associated...

You should try looking at things from a different perspective (i.e., that of rationally-thinking people) instead of from your present mindset. That way, you'd not be saying silly things like what you're writing here.

Wow, Barb sure did get to you didn't he?

I bet you'd say that about all your other idols/heroes, too.

Let it go man.

You ever heard that song by Eric Clapton, Let It Grow? Man, that's a good tune! Thanks for making me think of listening to it!

Arthur Brain

You'll know when I'm wound up about someone or something when I start mindlessly calling people "wingnut" and "bat crazy".

And worth every penny!

By "epithets" I take it you mean pejoratives. And since that phrase you like to parrot, "the far right," is itself a pejorative, to whom are you referring by it?

You should try looking at things from a different perspective (i.e., that of rationally-thinking people) instead of from your present mindset. That way, you'd not be saying silly things like what you're writing here.

I bet you'd say that about all your other idols/heroes, too.

You ever heard that song by Eric Clapton, Let It Grow? Man, that's a good tune! Thanks for making me think of listening to it!
Hey, you don't need to be wound up to call folk wingnuts and bat crazy. It would be preferable that there weren't loons out there but calling a spade a spade is a good thing.

No refunds then? Cool!

Wingnuts and bat crazy loons.

Hmm, you mean from the perspective of election deniers, Q-Anon, NAR and such? Eh, Pass....

You're the one wound up by the guy dude...

Probably at some point but hardly my thing anyway...enjoy!

7djengo7

Hey, you don't need to be wound up to call folk wingnuts and bat crazy. It would be preferable that there weren't loons out there but calling a spade a spade is a good thing.

No refunds then? Cool!

Wingnuts and bat crazy loons.

Hmm, you mean from the perspective of election deniers, Q-Anon, NAR and such? Eh, Pass....

You're the one wound up by the guy dude...

No need for you to continue to get all wound up over Barbarian, your hero/idol, dude.

7djengo7

Oh, yeah...silly me. Of course you wouldn't like him: Clapton's an anti-fascist, whereas you're a fascist who wants people to be forced into having foreign substances injected into their bloodstream against their will.

Nobody ever "believed" evolution. People "believe" in Christianity. People "believe" in Islam. "Belief" is not part of the discussion of a scientific theory.

Do scientists still think evolution is a good theory? Yes, of course. There is a lot of evidence for it, despite the OP. No amount of wishful thinking will make this go away. Scientists will change their minds when there is evidence that the theory is wrong. So far, that hasn't happened.
What evidence?

Every single creature in the fossil record shows absolutely zero evidence of evolutionary change for any fossils found of that creature.

That is all Tiktaalik fossils found remain distinctly Tiktaalik…. All T-Rex fossils found remain distinctly T-Rex. Etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum….

What they consider evidence is taking two separate and distinct creatures and then insisting some imaginary and missing common ancestor that can’t be found evolved into them. Not just a few hundred times or even a few hundred thousand times…. Not even millions or billions of times, but in every single solitary instance where one creature is needed to evolve into another.

Then we have modern experiments in which fruit flies even though mutated more than any creature on earth ever was or could be and yet they always remain fruit flies. E. coli that always remain E. coli. Finches that remain finches. Staph bacteria that always remain Staph bacteria. Moths that remain moths. Etc, etc, etc, ad naseum….

But this time the evolution is imaginary offspring in the far far future…

Instead I assert the actual evidence shows one thing and one thing only….

Kind after Kind.

If it could, then every man-made, sola scriptura sect would agree 100% on doctrine. Yet there are literally thousands of denominations with contradicting doctrine, all claiming to base their teaching on only the Bible. How does that happen?
Interpretation instead of literal reading????

Sort of like the dozens of scientific theories about any subject… everyone has their own interpretation of the data…

Last edited:
Maybe if you used a simple concrete example with letters or playing cards it would sink it. Though I have my doubts whether anything will convince these fine gentlemen.
What would you prove to us? That every combination possible already exists within the deck?
They don't, and they won't. The problem here isn't the science or the math, or even the facts. There are two main issues here:
1. These Creationists think that the Bible, that is God himself (in their viewpoint), said otherwise. So somehow, anyhow, Evolution is wrong wrong wrong.
No, we just realize that the data and every experiment ever performed only shows Kind after Kind. God just happens to affirm the facts….
2. This is also part of a culture war. You think you are on the side of Knowledge and Light, and they are on the side of Ignorance and Dark. They think you are on the side of Evil, plain and simple. They are on the side of God. They can't allow even one tiny crack in their view of Evolution as Evil. They can't even admit outright that the fossil record shows that evolution actually happened, irrespective of the mechanism and the math.
How is that? Every single fossil of any creature you care to name will remain distinctly that creature for every fossil found of that creature.

Ahhh, you mean you will take two separate and distinct creatures and then insert imaginary missing common ancestors every place you need evolution to have occurred and then claim that imagination is fact… I disagree with your claims of fact… but your faith is strong, I’ll give you that…