Theology Club: Does Open Theism Question/dispute the Omniscience of God

Lon

The best I have to offer in answer to your question is this:

Colossians 2:9 - For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

John 1:1-5 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ,,,
John 1:14 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

What can "contain" God? On a simple level, a man can build a house and live in that house. But while the house is a container of man, it isn't a constrainer of man, just a tool of man.

Can God make a body that can contain Him, but doesn't constrain Him? I'd be very hesitant to say "no". I'd have no basis for the statement, just philosophy. And the verses above seem to shout "yes".

I'm not even sure "contain" applies to a mind, anyway. Comprehend? Yes, but we don't know the limits of what a physical mind can comprehend. All we know is what we currently might be able to comprehend.

I'm also not sure that "physical" applies to a mind. Physicality might constrain a mind, but a promise of resurrection from dust and ashes implies that a mind is NOT merely physical.

I would have posted similar had I been asked the same. There is a mystery to how a human brain, with its capacity, can hold the whole of the universe and beyond, to hold the infinite God. I appreciate you wrestling as I had when I entertained the question. Sometimes, it is uncanny when you express things how my own mind works these truths out (and perplexing that we are different in our theologies). In Him -Lon

Derf

I would have posted similar had I been asked the same. There is a mystery to how a human brain, with its capacity, can hold the whole of the universe and beyond, to hold the infinite God. I appreciate you wrestling as I had when I entertained the question. Sometimes, it is uncanny when you express things how my own mind works these truths out (and perplexing that we are different in our theologies). In Him -Lon
We're only different because you're not thinking through it to its logical conclusion--one that is only conflicting in your mind.