Don't confuse less respect with "persecution"

Tinark

In the day of the information age, with skepticism and atheism on the rise and such individuals boldly challenging religion, magical ways of thinking and anti-science ways of thinking are losing more respect in society. Such ways of thinking are mocked more frequently.

Don't confuse this phenomenon for persecution, as many Christians in this country are apt to do.

bybee

In the day of the information age, with skepticism and atheism on the rise and such individuals boldly challenging religion, magical ways of thinking and anti-science ways of thinking are losing more respect in society. Such ways of thinking are mocked more frequently.

Don't confuse this phenomenon for persecution, as many Christians in this country are apt to do.

We are free to think as we please. We are free to disagree in our own ways. Certain ways of disagreeing spawn certain responses.
If I respond to rudeness, incivility and malicious twisting of things which I hold dear in a manner which offends you? Tough!
I find many atheists and agnostics confuse Christianity writ large with the narrow minded parochialism of some Christian groups writ small.
I agree with separation of church and state. Therefore I do not concern myself with atheists or agnostics. I am puzzled over the intense concern exhibited by atheists and agnostics over the non-existence of God?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Don't confuse secular humanist ideology with physical acts of discrimination based on religious (i.e. Christian) beliefs and out and out acts of violence.

Here are just a few examples:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/gay-power-vs-religious-liberty/