Dr. Holroyd to the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dr. Holroyd to the Rescue

Wednesday May 3rd 2006. This is show # 88.

Summary:
* Bob feared that his son Zachary, along with hundreds of Denver area cub and boy scouts, would get an atheistic interpretation of the strata at Colorado's Dinosaur Ridge! In comes Dr. Ed Holroyd to the rescue! Thirty years as a government scientist with a B.S. in astrophysics, a Ph.D. in atmospheric science, and continuing education in geology, Dr. Holroyd will present young-earth evidence showing that the layers at Dinosaur Ridge were NOT laid down over long periods. There is no disturbances between the layers, showing rapid deposition. Also, while coal will separate from sand during slow deposition, the coal is mingled throughout the layers, showing rapid formation.

* Dr. Holroyd explains that if the entire earth were a solid block of Carbon-14, in only half-a-million years, all that Carbon-14 would be gone, having decayed because of its brief radioactive half life of 5,730-years. However, while fossil fuels are claimed to be millions of years old, Carbon-14 is found everywhere in coal, gas, and oil. C14 has even been found in diamonds that evolutionists believe are over a billion years old! The old-earth community is years behind even recognizing this worldwide phenomena!
* Unlike the monetary values mentioned in the book of Mormon which, being a fabrication, of course have never been found by archaeologists, Dr. Holroyd has a collection of every single coin mentioned in the Bible!
Today's Resource: Hear this two-hour moderated Age of the Earth Debate on whether we live on a young or old earth on this MP3 CD! Order by calling 800-8Enyart or send $23.45 to Bob Enyart Live, PO Box 583, Arvada CO 80001.

I can't wait to give this show a listen. Dr. Holroyd is a colleague of my father. They are both in the field of atmospheric sciences. I have known Dr. Holroyd since I was a kid!
Glad he could be on Bob’s show!

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny

Did Dr. Holroyd talk about the correlation between C14 content of oil and the radioactivity of the surrounding rocks? Do they teach that in "continuing education" geology?

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Dr. Holroyd on the missing supernovas...

Dr. Holroyd on the missing supernovas...

Dr. Holroyd also points out, though we didn't discuss this on the air (but its in the book about Fifty Scientists who Believe in Creation) that scientists estimate that in our Milky Way galaxy, a supernova explodes about every 25 years, and we should be able to "see" the after-effects for millions of years, yet there seems to be millions of years of missing "after-effects" of past supernovas if in fact the galaxy is millions of years old. Instead, there are only about 7,000 years of supernova explosions found, at the known rate. Atheist answer: Hey, don't you know, they just started exploded around the time of Adam!

Johnny

How long did it take for the light from those supernova to get here bob? If those supernova were within 7,000 light years they probably would have wreaked havoc on earth.

It annoys me to absolutely no end when a creation scientist thinks that his PhD gives him the right to talk authoritatively about every field under the sun. Bob, you know what it's like to have some random atheist think he's one-upped you in scriptures because he found some passage that you've never seen, or stumbled upon something that's going to rock your world. This is what it feels like for geologists and astronomers who have devoted their lives to studying a field and then having some guy with a PhD in atmospheric science come in and tell them he's found something that'll change their world.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i loved the show. i find myself easily swayed by scientific analysis without having actually seen evidence for myself .. this is a bit of a pain and i need to watch myself at times .. but imagine it - creationist and evolutionary extract and analyse a sedimentary strata and make predictions on the chemical contents and other stuff and then send it off to the lab where it is analysed blindly and the results show who is more predictive ...

dang .. itd make GREAT tv ...

Status
Not open for further replies.