Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Dumocracy rules!

Originally posted by brother Willi

Jefferson , in a nutshell please?
you know, for us poor saps using a dial-up
It's coming. I haven't listened to it yet.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
And Enyart's suggested replacement for a democratic republic is, let me see if I remember... :think:

Oh yes! A despotism ruled by a dynastic series of divine right monarchs!

Funny, I thought we fought a revolution partially to remove ourselves from just such a government... :think:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

Jefferson , in a nutshell please?
you know, for us poor saps using a dial-up
Are you aware that there is a feature for dial-up users? Instead of clicking on the link that says, "24MBs" just right click on the title of the show and then left click "Save target as." Then you can download it to your desktop while you're asleep if you want and listen to it the next day without the sound ever breaking up. Also, the title of the show link is a much smaller file.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Re: Re: Re: Dumocracy rules!

Originally posted by Jefferson

Are you aware that there is a feature for dial-up users? Instead of clicking on the link that says, "24MBs" just click on the title of the show. It's a much smaller file.
Can you tell if it is a different file format or has material been removed?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Re: Re: Dumocracy rules!

Originally posted by Zakath

Can you tell if it is a different file format or has material been removed?
I've listened to the same show both ways to find this out myself. I couldn't tell any difference. Not even in sound quality.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

And Enyart's suggested replacement for a democratic republic is, let me see if I remember... :think:

Oh yes! A despotism ruled by a dynastic series of divine right monarchs!
My favorite line from Mel Gibson's "The Patriot": "Why would I trade one tyrant 2000 miles away for 2000 tyrants one mile away?"

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Dueling quotes? Here's one by an actual statesman...

Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
Sir Winston Churchill, Hansard, November 11, 1947

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

Morally speaking, the majority sinks to the level permitted by the government. So that if the government permits prostitution, prostitution becomes a cultural norm. If the government permits the killing of unborn children then abortion becomes a cultural norm. ...So what if now the majority rules? If the majority is the government then nothing can stop a nation's decline.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Jefferson

Are you aware that there is a feature for dial-up users? Instead of clicking on the link that says, "24MBs" just right click on the title of the show and then left click "Save target as." Then you can download it to your desktop while you're asleep if you want and listen to it the next day without the sound ever breaking up. Also, the title of the show link is a much smaller file.

:thumb:

I do know that democracy SUCKS!
but, its the best thing goin right now.

To get rid of a dictator you gotta shot em
then his kid, and so on:kookoo:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Morally speaking, the majority sinks to the level permitted by the government. So that if the government permits prostitution, prostitution becomes a cultural norm. If the government permits the killing of unborn children then abortion becomes a cultural norm. ...So what if now the majority rules? If the majority is the government then nothing can stop a nation's decline.
Okay, let's suppose your monarch permits the pursuit and summary execution of those who espouse beliefs different from those of the monarch.

I'm sure Jefferson wouldn't be a party to such behavior; unless it was atheists suffering at the hands of Christians...:chuckle:

Gerald

Resident Fiend

:thumb:

I do know that democracy SUCKS!
but, its the best thing goin right now.

To get rid of a dictator you gotta shot em
then his kid, and so on:kookoo:
The truly effective Evil Dictator™ surrounds himself with fanatical minions, ready and willing to make shields of themselves...

Zakath

Resident Atheist
He doesn't sound like he is much in favor of libertarianism, rather he sounds as if he supports "big government" to control people... :chuckle:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

He doesn't sound like he is much in favor of libertarianism, rather he sounds as if he supports "big government" to control people... :chuckle:
The elimination of billions of dollars into the prison system which would be replaced by capital punishment, flogging and restitution would mean smaller government.

brother Willi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dumocracy rules!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dumocracy rules!

Originally posted by Gerald

The truly effective Evil Dictator™ surrounds himself with fanatical minions, ready and willing to make shields of themselves...
Evil Dictator™ :think:
"Evil Dictator" is trade marked?:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.